PDA

View Full Version : A moments thought for the "Others"

Graham_of_Rainham
22nd October 2016, 09:53 AM
There's been a fair bit of discussion since the announcement off the New "Flagship" model, some of it directed towards the cost...

Imagine how the "Others" feel? The new top end models from some brands are close to a years state pension. :eek:

At least we will be able to get our one, having only gone without food for a while. ;)

We do, of course, have to thank those that voted to throw away 20% of our savings, making anything new that much more expensive, but again for us it's only the grandchildren that will have to go without Christmas gifts. :D

I'll now get the Pop Corn, and await your thoughts... *zzz

David M
22nd October 2016, 10:47 AM
Yes,.but those flagship models are made by camera companies not a medical imaging company. Well apart from the photocopier company. Oh, and the games console maker. And there's a microwave maker in there somewhere.

After all, 110% of people believe four out of three photographer's only need a smartphone.

Wally
22nd October 2016, 11:16 AM
It's not just camera's that pose this problem. Almost everything from A to Z falls into this category. The worst part of all this is, by the time the latest model(s) hits the shops it / they are already outdated. On that premise, my yester-year, outdated, outdated, outdated e20 still works for me when called upon to perform.

Maybe, because we are both long in the tooth is why we gel so nicely. It's also a talking point, especially when fitted with the wide angle screw on lens adaptor.

iso
22nd October 2016, 06:45 PM
This is just a bump, to remind me to reply later:):)