PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Brexit woes...

Wally
17th October 2016, 11:41 AM
950 years later... A NewsThump item... --> http://newsthump.com/2016/10/16/battle-of-hastings-latest-you-lost-get-over-it-normans-tell-anglo-saxons/

:eek: and the whingers are still active. *yes

Plus a 'real' news item - As Herr Flick would say: "Very interestng." - The House of Cards --> http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/topstories/euro-house-of-cards-to-collapse-warns-ecb-prophet/ar-AAj1P8l?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=mailsignout

Crazy Dave
17th October 2016, 12:11 PM
What a dismal prediction by Herr Issing. He never envisaged such a c**k-up when he created the foundations for his doom scenario. The market reverberations surrounding Brexit will be like mere ripples compared to what could happen if he is right.

I wonder if I could cadge a lift on that Chinese rocket?

David

Wally
17th October 2016, 02:06 PM
If this does hit the fan then, to coin a phrase: "Wur doomed" as Pt. Fraser would say.

On a high note, I'm pleased to say I haven't seen any placards recently telling us that - The World Ends Tomorrow. ;)

As for the rocket trip, I doubt there would be room even for a smal one.

Otto
17th October 2016, 04:50 PM
Herr Issing evidently didn't take account of the likelihood of politicians meddling with his creation, like they always do. "It'll all end in tears, I know it" - Eddie the shipboard computer's emergency back-up personality (Douglas Adams in The HitchHiker's Guide).

Wally
18th October 2016, 08:28 AM
If true, the cash flow problems of the EU could explain the ongoing demands for cash from the UK even after we depart from their so called union. Given what the is worth at today's prices, it would still leave a big hole in someone's wallet.

iso
18th October 2016, 06:12 PM
Thanks Wally for the original post. Having read the 'House of Cards' in some detail, of course Delors has pretty much run away from the problem, and Issing was either nave, or totally totalitarian, if he thought 'politics' (i.e. People), wouldn't get in the way of (his) grand plan.