PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Live view Issue

freewheeler
14th October 2016, 04:09 PM
Well I took my 510 out of mothballs to test the 50mm Macro that I've just acquired and it works ok through the viewfinder, finding focus or trying to if I get too close to the subject but doesn't seem to try to focus when using live view, anyone any ideas? Something else I've just noticed, when I go to delete the image in the camera, Ihave to do it twice as though the camera has taken two shots but when I scroll through the images on the card there is only one????????? strange.

Cheers
Dave

lookmore
14th October 2016, 04:19 PM
Read the manual maybe? At least my e510 doesn't focus in live view unless I push a button. As for the double delete, you were shooting raw and JPEG ?

Sent from my thl 4000

freewheeler
14th October 2016, 04:26 PM
Hiya Lookmore. I've just read the post lower down with a user with the same problem focusing in live view but from memory I'm sure the live view worked the same as through the viewfinder but I could be wrong ( theres nothing unusual there). Regarding the double image issue, I am shooting RAW only.

Cheers,
Dave

lookmore
14th October 2016, 05:02 PM
Strange. You need to delete twice when shooting raw+jpeg but only if you set it up that way (delete separately for the raw and JPEG). So if you shot raw only you probably have a different issue then. Now focusing in live view works only by manual focus or else by pushing a button on the back to get the mirror down again so that the AF can work. Then the mirror goes up again to show the live view after AF. Well that's how mine currently works at least. I admit that I don't use live view very much on that camera.

Sent from my thl 4000

freewheeler
15th October 2016, 06:49 AM
Hiya Lookmore, I should do as your screen name suggests and look more. You are right with the Raw+Jpeg, I thought I had set to shoot Raw only but no. Anyway sorted now, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Dave