PDA

View Full Version : PhotoShop Elements 4 and the E-3 RAW Files

Graham_of_Rainham
15th January 2009, 06:39 PM
Has anyone any knowledge of a third party Plugin for PSE4 that will read E-3 RAW Files *???

If not I guess I'm stuck with DNG conversions.

Thanks

Dogcow
15th January 2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Graham,
doesn't the Camera RAW plug (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html)from Adobe do the trick?

Karel

Henk
15th January 2009, 07:40 PM
If not I guess I'm stuck with DNG conversions.

I'm afraid that's the only way for PSE4 Graham, the ACR version that does work with E-3 raw does not work with PSE4. Upgrading to PSE7 would be a solution.

andym
15th January 2009, 07:43 PM
Graham

I think you may be out of luck with ACR.See URL

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3894

If I am reading it correctly PSE4 only supports Raw with ACR version 3.7 which appears not to support the E3.
I am running PSE6 with version 4.4 which will process E3 files not that I tend to use it.

Dont know if there's any 3rd party plug ins that may support it.

Good luck.

crimbo
15th January 2009, 07:53 PM
could grab a trial copy of capture one 4:eek:

Graham_of_Rainham
15th January 2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks Guys,

I wasn't holding out much hope. I run PSE4 on my laptop which I use a lot on shoots. So I guess I'll have to stick to CS2 on the main computer when I get home.

*chr

crimbo
16th January 2009, 07:20 AM
So are you processing on your laptop or just looking at the images with a view to quality?

OlyPaul
16th January 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm afraid you will have to upgrade Graham, but saying that I prefere the DNG format and convert everything to it.;)

Graham_of_Rainham
16th January 2009, 11:16 PM
So are you processing on your laptop or just looking at the images with a view to quality?

A bit of both really. I can view perfectly with Master, Faststone or Picasa and even do some basic tweeks.

I'm afraid you will have to upgrade Graham, but saying that I prefere the DNG format and convert everything to it.;)

I really don't want to upgrade as most new laptops have 60% of the memory just to run Vista and a Mac would put back the purchase of my next lens by a couple of years.

I tried the new DNG 5.2 and was not at all impressed, :( it lost resolution more than a straight conversion to jpg. :eek:

So as I have CS2 on the Dell XPS, I'll probably set the E-3 to RAW + Jpeg and work from there.

*chr