PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Card Error

freewheeler
5th October 2016, 08:48 PM
Hiya, has my e600 passed its sell by date? The camera has developed a Card Error, tried several cards and they work until the camera tries to write to it then the error appears. I am thinking of going to micro four thirds, is this the right time? Gutted I just missed an OM-D E-M5 mkII on here.

Cheers,Dave

Ian
5th October 2016, 09:50 PM
I assume you are using Compact Flash cards? Have a look inside the slot to see if any of the pins are bent. You could also try an xD card; if that works it's most likely a pin problem on the connector for the CF cards.

Ian

Harold Gough
6th October 2016, 06:53 AM
It could just be a dirty contact.

Harold

Steambuff
6th October 2016, 08:21 AM
Have you tried formatting the card in the camera?

Dave

freewheeler
6th October 2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the help guys, as Ian suggested there is a bent pin, unfortunately there is also a broken pin so it looks like xd cards in the future. I've just bought four CF cards too, still they will do for e510 which looks like its going to get more use now lol. So which XD card do I need?
Cheers, Dave

Jim Ford
6th October 2016, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the help guys, as Ian suggested there is a bent pin, unfortunately there is also a broken pin so it looks like xd cards in the future. I've just bought four CF cards too, still they will do for e510 which looks like its going to get more use now lol. So which XD card do I need?
Cheers, Dave

I've got an XD card you can have - PM me.

Jim