PDA

View Full Version : Master2 mystifies.

Baffled
10th January 2009, 05:03 PM
Am I alone in failing to comprehand how Master2 works? I simply want to move a photo from one album to another but so far have failed completely. One of the problems is that I have not understood the difference between folders and albums perhaps. But I suspect that if I did I would become all the more confused.

All I want to do is to move photos from one album to another. Or conceivably combine two albums. The 'Help' advice offered does not seem to cover this, or if it does is beyond my comprehension.

It is doubtless obvious and I will kick myself when someone points this out but present despair overrides any future shame.

Graham_of_Rainham
11th January 2009, 12:05 AM
As it says in the best guide ever written "Don't Panic"

You are not alone. We are here to help.

First off treat Master just as you do any other windows application. Use Drag n Drop to move files around. It's best to copy from one place to another, then when you know it's where you want it then delete them from where you don't want them.

With Albums it's all in individual albums (each being called "New Album (n)" unless you name it on each download) and they are stored in a folder by date order (folder "OLYMPUS Master 2")

working in folder mode is very familiar as it looks just like windows folders (because it is)

You can group Albums in the same way as you would place sub-folders into folders in windows.

One of the easiest ways to figure out where everything is, is by photographing a few objects (Apple, Bottle, Cup, Dog, etc) then download them rename them (A, B, C, D, etc..) once you can see the image of the Apple, use Right Mouse Click to open the Popup Menu and select "Open file Destination folder" This will show you where that file is on your hard drive.

With info this you can easily see where OLYMPUS Master 2 stores your files.

Albums simply point to the files in the sub-folders of the OLYMPUS Master 2 folder.

Play with a few test images and you will be surprised how quick you pick it up.

Have fun and get back to us if you get stuck

*chr

Baffled
11th January 2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks Graham.

I know roughly where everything is and I realise that each download goes into a new album which can be specifically named.

What I cannot do, but would like to do, is to move one particular photo from one album to another, or in the case were the album comprises one photo only, combine that album with another.

I assumed that I would be able to drag it but find I can't. That is to say I can apparently drag the photo but it refuses to enter into another album.

From what you say I could presumably add two albums to one folder but that is not so precise.

Malcolm

Graham_of_Rainham
11th January 2009, 05:09 PM
Malcolm,

That's strange :confused:

OK lets do a few basic checks.

I assume you can you Drag n Drop files in other windows applications (Explorer) *???

Have you loaded the latest 2.11 version of Master *??? If not upload that, if you have 2.11 then use Ctrl+k to get to options then reset all the options

Create two new albums, then try to drag n drop some files into one of these then move them into the other one.

Note:- You cannot paste an image when displaying the timeline or calendar, so make sure you are only in Album View Mode.

I've made a demo video of drag n drop of 2 files from one to another that I can email to you (send email address in a PM)

*chr

Baffled
11th January 2009, 05:26 PM
That's strange indeed!

I must have tried at least twenty times before, becoming more frustrated each time, but this time when I dragged the photo it entered the new album.

To make sure that it really had happened I moved various photos to other albums and it worked each time.

So I seemed to have started a non existent hare. I can only repeat that I have done nothing differently. Yesterday and the days before yesterday it didn't work, and today it does. Actually earlier today it didn't either because I checked it before my last response.

Thanks for your help. It was invaluable in persuading to try again something which I was on the point of abandoning.

Mind you what will happen tomorrow is anyone's guess. But at least I will now know that the day after tomorrow might be OK again.

Yours,

Malcolm

Graham_of_Rainham
11th January 2009, 10:17 PM
Malcolm,

Now that it's working, create a "Restore Point" so you can get back to a working condition if things change again.

One other tip to consider is that sometimes the computers cache get untidy and stops things working as they should. Have a good clear out of all the old tempory files etc..

Pleased that your a Happy Chap once more

*chr