PDA

View Full Version : Just a Forum "Etiquette" question....

shotokan101
30th April 2016, 02:32 PM
Hi - Although I'm an E-M10 user I also own a couple of other brands of camera so I was wondering if the Foto Fair area is only for sharing Olympus images and other should be shared elsewhere - like maybe via the Lounge area threads ?

Thanks

Jim

Graham_of_Rainham
30th April 2016, 03:06 PM
Personally, I feel this forum is above "Brandism" and we can enjoy an image for what it is regardless of where it originated...

Lets see what the members think?

shotokan101
30th April 2016, 03:10 PM
That is my feeling as well but thought it sensible to check out the general concensus :)

Thanks

Jim

Walti
30th April 2016, 03:27 PM
I vote for good photos regardless of what they're taken on! (iPhone through to Hasselblad...)

Naughty Nigel
30th April 2016, 03:32 PM
I haven't posted many photos here recently, but I have in the past uploaded images from my Olympus 35 mm and Mamiya medium format film cameras as well as my various E-System cameras.

As far as I can see the only real restrictions apply to competitions, which are usually intended to be for E-System cameras only. (Maybe we could have an occasional competition for film cameras?)

I once fell foul of this when I uploaded a scanned image from one of my OM4Ti film cameras (shot on Velvia), alongside the same image taken on my Olympus E-1. I preferred the Velvia image but somebody spotted that it came from my Nikon LS9000C film scanner (from the EXIF data) and thought it was a Nikon camera! :D

Naughty Nigel
30th April 2016, 03:34 PM
I vote for good photos regardless of what they're taken on! (iPhone through to Hasselblad...)

..... I agree, although the Sony Z3 has a better camera! :D

Harold Gough
30th April 2016, 03:44 PM
I agree with the above. However, I would generally include camera, lens, aperture and lighting. If it had not been for someone identifying their lens, the same model would not have been my most successful and most used lens in recent years.

On the other hand, unless members are users (but not necessarily exclusively) of the E-system this could become just another photography forum.

Harold

MargaretR
30th April 2016, 03:53 PM
A Communal thread in Foto Fair for "Other Brand images".....?

Harold Gough
30th April 2016, 03:57 PM
A Communal thread in Foto Fair for "Other Brand images".....?

A good idea but that would seem to make at least the camera to be named.

Harold

Gwyver
30th April 2016, 04:01 PM
When this question has arisen in the past, the concensus seemed to be that it was OK for an occasional posting and provided that the image was identified as non Olympus.

We need to keep in mind that Olympus UK (help to) fund the ongoing operating costs of this site.

Naughty Nigel
30th April 2016, 04:12 PM
Of course there is always the AP forum, but I was banned from there many years ago for suggesting that Zuiko lenses were better than Canon's, and for making some comment about Canikon's 'dust removal system'. :rolleyes:

One of the moderators likened this to (I quote) "lobbing cluster bombs into the Canikon camp". :D

I guess Olympus didn't have the biggest advertising spend with AP at the time. :rolleyes:

David M
30th April 2016, 04:22 PM
I haven't posted many photos here recently, but I have in the past uploaded images from my Olympus 35 mm and Mamiya medium format film cameras as well as my various E-System cameras.

As far as I can see the only real restrictions apply to competitions, which are usually intended to be for E-System cameras only. (Maybe we could have an occasional competition for film cameras?)

I once fell foul of this when I uploaded a scanned image from one of my OM4Ti film cameras (shot on Velvia), alongside the same image taken on my Olympus E-1. I preferred the Velvia image but somebody spotted that it came from my Nikon LS9000C film scanner (from the EXIF data) and thought it was a Nikon camera! :D

Just download an EXIF editor, then you can make your scans/copies anything that you want. If you really want to have fun you can make them E-7 or EM-1 Mk II files. :D

Or tag them with the model of film camera which is what I've been doing with my slide copies.

Naughty Nigel
30th April 2016, 04:30 PM
Just download an EXIF editor, then you can make your scans/copies anything that you want. If you really want to have fun you can make them E-7 or EM-1 Mk II files. :D

Or tag them with the model of film camera which is what I've been doing with my slide copies.

Good plan. :D

An OM4 Ti-D would be almost believable, but an E-7? No chance. :(

David M
30th April 2016, 05:07 PM
Good plan. :D

An OM4 Ti-D would be almost believable, but an E-7? No chance. :(

To be honest I don't think I have ever looked at the EXIF of a photo but I have been having fun messing with people who do. The 500 mm f/4 that Olympus have a patent on is a reality in some of my shots, as is the E-7 and an E-MX prototype. :D

OM USer
30th April 2016, 05:23 PM
This is a forum for people whose main camera gear is Olympus... but we all occassionally use the camera to hand which may well not be Olympus (camera, lens, or flash). I think its a case of just don't do it too often, mark the picture accordingly, and only do it when there is a reason to. Of course M43 users may mix and match their gear from many suppliers (one of the benefits) but so as long as Olympus is represented I can't see an issue.

Ricoh
30th April 2016, 05:31 PM
I like looking at good photographs taken by capable photographers, irrespective of the camera used. I would welcome the relaxation and think a sub-forum based on other camera systems would be a positive move. Clearly we don't want a flood of images that vastly out number those taken with Olympus kit, but I doubt that will happen.

Harold Gough
30th April 2016, 06:04 PM
I have just stuck my head up in the Foto Fair forum with a Sony image but it is mainly about the lens and the subject.

Harold

Mrs T
30th April 2016, 06:29 PM
I agree with the previous comments, it's a shame not to see a picture of interest occasionally whatever it was taken on. My iPhone photo got picked by BBC Weather this week, so the "wrong" camera shouldn't be excluded, but good to know what camera lens was used.

PeterBirder
30th April 2016, 07:33 PM
The members of this group are generally speaking a very reasonable bunch of folks and seem to make sensible judgements when submitting "non Olympus" photos. The points made by Gwyver and OM USer are a good reminder of things to be considered when submitting such photos and this seems to be working well.We are also fortunate in having thoughful moderators who moderate with a "light touch".

These factors collectively make the group the friendly one it is rather than, to use Harold Gough's words "just another photography forum".

Regrds.*chr

shotokan101
30th April 2016, 08:47 PM
Thanks to you all for the helpful feedback -much appreciated :)

Jim

Ross the fiddler
1st May 2016, 05:15 AM
This is a forum for people whose main camera gear is Olympus... but we all occasionally use the camera to hand which may well not be Olympus (camera, lens, or flash). I think its a case of just don't do it too often, mark the picture accordingly, and only do it when there is a reason to. Of course M43 users may mix and match their gear from many suppliers (one of the benefits) but so as long as Olympus is represented I can't see an issue.

I agree that "This is a forum for people whose main camera gear is Olympus... " in the UK & I am grateful that I from 'downunder' *upsided am also able to participate as well. From where I see it I would also agree with all of the above, however, as much as we may have an opinion I think it is the Forum's site owner, Ian that may do as he sees fit here as far as I would be concerned. I personally wouldn't like it to turn into just another photography forum as I value being able to show & discuss aspects of Olympus E-System gear, but I have also added photos from my Stylus 1 as it uses much of the E System Menu & Functions & there is nowhere else they can be discussed. Maybe a separate section in Foto Fair might be appropriate just for photos from other gear, but I think that should be Ian's call (IMO).

*chr

tomphotofx
2nd May 2016, 12:00 AM
I would have thought that the forum members of Olympus E System Talk would all be Olympus owners, plus some through freedom of choice might also own another brand as well. I have a variety of Olympus / Panasonic bodies and lenses all interchangeable of course. I don't think it's necessary to create a separate section within Foto Fair for images that are taken on cameras other than Olympus.

Tom

Naughty Nigel
2nd May 2016, 10:16 AM
I would have thought that the forum members of Olympus E System Talk would all be Olympus owners, plus some through freedom of choice might also own another brand as well. I have a variety of Olympus / Panasonic bodies and lenses all interchangeable of course. I don't think it's necessary to create a separate section within Foto Fair for images that are taken on cameras other than Olympus.

Tom

Many of us here still own and use Olympus film cameras Tom, which are phenomenal picture making machines, so it would be good if there was an outlet for images taken on these.

And quite a few of us also use medium format cameras of various types, so if this is the only photographic forum that we use should we refrain from posting our MF images here?

The forum would get boring if we all did the same thing.

Ricoh
2nd May 2016, 10:48 AM
In the most part, people joining the forum will have done so because they own and shoot using Olympus kit. Very few Canon, Nikon or other brand-loyal photographers are unlikely to stumble upon the site and think, oh this looks great, just what I want, Olympus talk.

Lots of us have more than one camera, and possibly different brands too, so if your loyalty is to Olympus and its because of this that you were first attracted here, I don't see any harm in adding a few shots taken with other systems, but it's all a matter of judgement, not too many to flood the site and with careful consideration to others with a more conservative view.
Personally I would love to see some medium format images, if only to get an appreciation of what's possible with the kit.

In the end it's down to Ian and his moderators to decide on whether it's acceptable or not, and that's fine.

Harold Gough
2nd May 2016, 10:53 AM
I
Personally I would love to see some medium format images, if only to get an appreciation of what's possible with the kit.

I doubt that you would get much appreciation of the difference in quality after down-sizing of the images.

Harold

Ricoh
2nd May 2016, 10:58 AM
Yes indeed, but if linked to Flickr, and with appropriate viewing kit, it would. Having said that I could just as easily search for such a group. The thing you miss out on is the commentary. On Flickr it's just the usual back slapping nonsense to encourage following.

Naughty Nigel
2nd May 2016, 11:33 AM
I doubt that you would get much appreciation of the difference in quality after down-sizing of the images.

Harold

The differences are difficult to describe in words, but even when downsized I would say there is a visible difference in image quality between 35 mm and medium format.

Harold Gough
2nd May 2016, 11:44 AM
The differences are difficult to describe in words, but even when downsized I would say there is a visible difference in image quality between 35 mm and medium format.

Maybe as with my X-Pan and OM4 images (transparencies, not resized) on the same film stock?

Could you see extra quality in my FF 36.4m MP orchid images through the Laowa 15mm (Foto Fair)?

Harold

Zuiko
2nd May 2016, 12:23 PM
This is always going to be a sensitive issue because we don't want to be swamped with non-Olympus pictures but it would be a shame to miss out on some excellent photos just because they were produced by a camera of a different brand. My advice would be to post such pictures but do so sparingly and on an occasional basis. It always works well if other brand pictures are posted as part of a comparison with Olympus cameras. The members on this forum always seem to exercise good sense and restraint and I don't perceive we have a problem.

However, for those who would like to post other brand images on a more regular and prolific basis, I would like to remind you that Ian does have an excellent general, non-brand specific forum at http://dpnow.com/

For film enthusiasts we already have the Nostalgia Nexus board, where you are welcome to post as many film images as you wish. *chr

Harold Gough
2nd May 2016, 12:54 PM
John,

Thanks for the link.

A thought: When it comes to Sony digital and Olympus digital, they share a lot of their DNA.

Harold

shotokan101
2nd May 2016, 01:31 PM
Well "interestingly" it looks as if my question might have been "answered" "De Facto" - posted a thread and noted that the shots posted were from a variety of cameras including the E-M10 - and from (currently) 125 views only one comment..... :rolleyes:

Jim

Harold Gough
2nd May 2016, 01:36 PM
Well "interestingly" it looks as if my question might have been "answered" "De Facto" - posted a thread and noted that the shots posted were from a variety of cameras including the E-M10 - and from (currently) 125 views only one comment..... :rolleyes:

Jim

My experience, from a number of photography forums, is that many viewers do not read much, if any, of the descriptive text, as evidenced by some of the questions they submit.

Harold

Ross the fiddler
2nd May 2016, 01:54 PM

Jim

There's one more now! ;)

*chr

Imageryone
3rd May 2016, 08:58 AM
Having been away for a few days, just catching up.

I think the reasonable responses show the thoughtful approach of the Forum members to what could be a very emotive subject .

I have been a Photographer since 1961, and although my main cameras have all been from Olympus, my collection includes many other makes that I have used in the past. Strange as it may seem, not a single Canicon camera or lens in the whole lot :confused:

I read with interest the threads on camera/lens comparisons, but would hate to see the current balance change, a little of very good stuff from alternative sources keeps the forum interesting, but still an Olympus forum.

Ian
3rd May 2016, 03:19 PM
I think many here have the right idea but for what it's worth, this is an Olympus site and so there should be a reasonable association with Olympus. This could be quite tenuous if not practised too often. But we don't need entirely non-Olympus or associated brands threads. Associated brands that are not a problem include Panasonic Lumix, Sigma, Nissin, etc. - whose products are designed to work with Olympus gear. In the end it will be down to the discretion of the moderators to decide if there is an 'infringement'. :)

Ian

birdboy
3rd May 2016, 04:52 PM
I've been away for the weekend so just come to this thread. I fully support those who want to keep this Olympus specific and I would go further by saying if this site became more generic I may stop using the site. For me I like this site because it is Olympus specific, its what I have. I am able to see what my gear is capable of achieving when other post their images. There are a plethora of other sites if folk what to show other makes of images. It will become too much of a distraction if other brand are allowed to be shown and could give the wrong impression. Suppose someone posted a BIF taken with 7DMII in Photo Fair a cursory glance may well mislead some to think that this is what Olympus gear is capable of taking. Sometimes we don't always have time to read the text as someone has already pointed out. Is this not a Olympus e-group forum to showcase and support what the Olympus e-system can produce, we should respect that.

Naughty Nigel
3rd May 2016, 05:35 PM
I've been away for the weekend so just come to this thread. I fully support those who want to keep this Olympus specific and I would go further by saying if this site became more generic I may stop using the site. For me I like this site because it is Olympus specific, its what I have. I am able to see what my gear is capable of achieving when other post their images. There are a plethora of other sites if folk what to show other makes of images. It will become too much of a distraction if other brand are allowed to be shown and could give the wrong impression. Suppose someone posted a BIF taken with 7DMII in Photo Fair a cursory glance may well mislead some to think that this is what Olympus gear is capable of taking. Sometimes we don't always have time to read the text as someone has already pointed out. Is this not a Olympus e-group forum to showcase and support what the Olympus e-system can produce, we should respect that.

So how do you feel about photographs taken on Olympus film cameras (which many of us here still own)?

And should those of us who enjoy medium format photography be relegated to another forum when we follow that particular interest?

I frequent this forum precisely because of the very liberal interpretation of forum rules. I also enjoy being able to talk freely about all types of camera, not just Olympus, without starting a war with Canon sponsored moderators as seems to happen on a certain magazine forum aimed at amateur photographers.

I take your point about capturing birds in flight with a Canon 7D with L glass, although in moderation it still provides a useful comparison so that others can see what they are (or are not) missing by not using such equipment.

However, if the present balance should change so that anything other than Olympus Digital cameras and their images was verboten I would have to find another forum to idle away my spare moments.

I now need to go and lie down after using those 'L' words. :D

Graham_of_Rainham
3rd May 2016, 06:28 PM
Quality images are enjoyable and inspirational to many of us, and unique opportunities will sometimes present themselves when the only thing available is a smartphone.

I often have a XZ-1 in my pocket for grab shots and have just bought a Leica D-LUX that uses the same sensor found in the Olympus CSCs

These I feel are close enough associations to not push the boundaries. "Other make" lenses on Olympus bodies have featured quite well in the past and stands as a testament to the versatility and range of adapting capabilities of Olympus.

Content appreciation can and often should be independent of the kit used in the initial capture. As so much manipulation of the original data takes place in many images, there is often little of those precious pixels left intact to be evangelical about.

*chr

PeterBirder
3rd May 2016, 08:18 PM
So how do you feel about photographs taken on Olympus film cameras (which many of us here still own)?

Nigel.
You raised this point earlier and in post #29 John (ZUIKO) pointed out that we already have a board "Nostalgia Nexus" which Ian instigated to address this.

Perhaps this is one of those little bits of text you missed.:)

Personally I am not convinced that a "film" image posted on here will necessarily meaningfully convey the (superior or whatever) characteristics of the film image. What you will see is effectively a digital photograph of a print (or slide) taken with a "camera" with a sensor of unknown characteristics and a light source of unknown characteristics. The image characteristics will not be a faithful representation of the original but an amalgam of the characteristics of the film camera and the scanner. Just my thoughts.

Regards.*chr

Naughty Nigel
4th May 2016, 11:39 AM
Nigel.
You raised this point earlier and in post #29 John (ZUIKO) pointed out that we already have a board "Nostalgia Nexus" which Ian instigated to address this.

Perhaps this is one of those little bits of text you missed.:)

I didn't miss any text at all. :)

I was simply responding to your post in which, (despite the text in post #29 that you pointed out) you persisted in the view that the forum should only be used to display images taken on Olympus e-system cameras.

Whilst I accept that the forum exists to showcase Olympus e-system cameras I think most of us are broad minded enough enjoy photographs taken on any type of camera and to appreciate them for their own merits.

Ricoh
4th May 2016, 12:02 PM
I'm finding it difficult to interpret the policy regarding 'Associated Brands', but it's probably just me and my lack of understanding.

I'm not sure whether the last picture post I made, entitled 'Window Light' taken with a GX7 and a PL25/f1.4, has any place whatsoever in the forum (irrespective of taste), ie whether it's allowed in the lounge, Foto Fair or not at all.

I also own and make images using a Leica. It sounds like this has no place whatsoever.

Wee man
4th May 2016, 12:41 PM
The title of the forum is E System User Group, a separate forum exists for Four Thirds Users whilst it can be nice to see the odd photograph from other systems it is as easy to open a different forum to do so.
People may think it does not cause any problems but we lost a regular poster and a moderator who posted some shots from a different system not so long ago due to comments that he was not using Olympus kit!!
I like the fact that this site shows what the E System can do and that people are familiar with the kit.
Just my tuppence worth.

Wee Man

Graham_of_Rainham
4th May 2016, 12:44 PM
I'm finding it difficult to interpret the policy regarding 'Associated Brands', but it's probably just me and my lack of understanding.

I'm not sure whether the last picture post I made, entitled Window Light' taken with a GX7 and a PL25/f1.4, has any place whatsoever in the forum (irrespective of taste), ie whether it's allowed in the lounge, Foto Fair or not at all.

I also own and make images using a Leica. It sound like this has no place whatsoever.

As well as being a really good picture, there is a lot of "association" by virtue of the MFT relationships. It sits well in "Foto Fair"...

The content, lighting, exposure, etc., is far more important than the kit used, and had you not put GX7 in the title, kit used would likely have gone unnoticed.

You may like to consider recreating that image with a PEN-F ;)

Ricoh
4th May 2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks Graham.

Once upon a while I foolishly thought different camera gear would make a better photo. I was totally wrong. Images are created in the photographer's head, and for me one of the appeals of a photographic forum is to see how others perceive the world. I look at images from other photographers and try to work out what's appealing, thereby learning from the experience, and improving my own work.

I have a presence on Flickr and I thank people for their work where appropriate. What I don't do is look at the EXIF data and say wow, taken with a particular brand, that's good. Gear to me is totally irrelevant. Apart from, say, people making images with an iPhone and wondering whether I should upgrade my 4S to a 5 or 6.

shotokan101
4th May 2016, 01:02 PM
This thread seems to have veered into a bit more "serious territory" than I expected my initial post to generate TBH - and recent posts are now making this place not feel as "friendly" as I had come to expect.... after all it's (surely?) Primarily a Photography Forum - whether it's sponsored by Olympus or not shouldn't (IMO) preclude members posting shots from any brand of equipment - getting more disappointed as I see these recent posts :(

Jim

Ricoh
4th May 2016, 01:35 PM
Oh I don't know, I still think it's one of the friendliest photo forums on the planet, that's why I stick around. I think you raised an important question by starting this conversation, and the situation seems to be to carry on as we were, whilst respecting for the views of other members, and don't go silly by posting loads and loads of 3rd party images.

I'm only repeating myself to a degree, but when it comes to picture threads the better questions to be asked relate to composition, lighting, exposure etc, rather than saying do you think this particular lens works we'll or not.

Naughty Nigel
4th May 2016, 01:52 PM

I'm not sure whether the last picture post I made, entitled 'Window Light' taken with a GX7 and a PL25/f1.4, has any place whatsoever in the forum (irrespective of taste), ie whether it's allowed in the lounge, Foto Fair or not at all.

I also own and make images using a Leica. It sounds like this has no place whatsoever.

Precisely. That is exactly how I am beginning to feel too. :(

I am first and foremost an Olympus user who probably takes more images on 43 than most others here, (currently about 4,500 per year). However, I also enjoy using a variety of film cameras including two Olympus OM4Ti's, an Olympus OM2 SP, and several Mamiya medium format cameras.

I usually work alone so I quite enjoy dropping in here for a chat during the day about almost anything that is going on. I have long valued the virtual friendship here, although it seems that friendship is perhaps rather more conditional than I thought, which I feel is a sad reflection on those who cannot see beyond their chosen brand of camera. :(

I quite enjoy going to one of our local pubs once in a while. The range of beers is a little limited for some tastes, but I am happy to accept that in return for enjoying a social pint or two with other locals, most of whom I have known for many years. I certainly wouldn't want to drive out of the village to drink a 'different' ale on my own, or with people that I don't know. Equally I don't see why I should vacate this forum to talk about my film cameras.

It's not as if a Mamiya RZ or Olympus OM is competing with 43 is it? :confused:

Graham_of_Rainham
4th May 2016, 02:21 PM
This thread seems to have veered into a bit more "serious territory" than I expected my initial post to generate TBH - and recent posts are now making this place not feel as "friendly" as I had come to expect.... after all it's (surely?) Primarily a Photography Forum - whether it's sponsored by Olympus or not shouldn't (IMO) preclude members posting shots from any brand of equipment - getting more disappointed as I see these recent posts :(

Jim

If we look at the Ts&Cs (http://e-group.uk.net/ForumTermsAndConditions.html) there is no specific rule precluding images from any camera, being uploaded or posted.

I really believe this to be one of the best forums to share images & thoughts on photography (and all that goes on in the lounge)...

Hopefully the better weather will get more of us out there, enjoying our particular pastime and producing interesting images, for us all to enjoy.

*chr

Zuiko
4th May 2016, 02:45 PM
Precisely. That is exactly how I am beginning to feel too. :(

I am first and foremost an Olympus user who probably takes more images on 43 than most others here, (currently about 4,500 per year). However, I also enjoy using a variety of film cameras including two Olympus OM4Ti's, an Olympus OM2 SP, and several Mamiya medium format cameras.

I usually work alone so I quite enjoy dropping in here for a chat during the day about almost anything that is going on. I have long valued the virtual friendship here, although it seems that friendship is perhaps rather more conditional than I thought, which I feel is a sad reflection on those who cannot see beyond their chosen brand of camera. :(

I quite enjoy going to one of our local pubs once in a while. The range of beers is a little limited for some tastes, but I am happy to accept that in return for enjoying a social pint or two with other locals, most of whom I have known for many years. I certainly wouldn't want to drive out of the village to drink a 'different' ale on my own, or with people that I don't know. Equally I don't see why I should vacate this forum to talk about my film cameras.

It's not as if a Mamiya RZ or Olympus OM is competing with 43 is it? :confused:

Nigel, is there something about the Nostalgia Nexus board on this Forum that you don't like? I would have thought that it was the ideal section in which to post pictures taken with your film cameras and start discussions about the benefits of using film cameras. *chr

Ricoh
4th May 2016, 02:49 PM
Looks like I should swop my M240 fo an M6 and fly below the radar. :)

Naughty Nigel
4th May 2016, 02:57 PM
Nigel, is there something about the Nostalgia Nexus board on this Forum that you don't like? I would have thought that it was the ideal section in which to post pictures taken with your film cameras and start discussions about the benefits of using film cameras. *chr

Nothing at all John. I very much enjoy visiting the Nostalgia Nexus board and I am grateful for it, even if the pace there is a little slow sometimes.

However, the thrust of the discussion (above) seemed to be that there was no place on the forum for anything other than Olympus E-System cameras and lenses.

Thank you for clarifying for the benefit of all that this is not the case. :)

Zuiko
4th May 2016, 03:05 PM

Jim

Hi Jim, the forum means many different things to many different photographers and every member will have their own opinion on exactly how the forum should be used and what should be allowed. It is the nature of the Internet that these type of discussions will become a little heated as they progress and more people contribute to the thread. I always groan when somebody starts a discussion about the For Sale board as I know I am about to become much busier! However, most members are able to tolerate differences of opinion and we always seem to reach a consensus in the end - unlike some other forums which rapidly descend into open warfare with opponents ripping lumps out of each other and storing bitter grudges forever and a day!

In the end the constitution of the Forum will be decided by Ian and fortunately he always uses excellent judgement. :)

Naughty Nigel
4th May 2016, 03:25 PM
Thank you John, as always.

It occurs to me that perhaps I am becoming, erm, too liberal in my old age. :o

(There, I have used that word again. :D )

PeterBirder
4th May 2016, 04:27 PM
I was simply responding to your post in which, (despite the text in post #29 that you pointed out) you persisted in the view that the forum should only be used to display images taken on Olympus e-system cameras.

Whilst I accept that the forum exists to showcase Olympus e-system cameras I think most of us are broad minded enough enjoy photographs taken on any type of camera and to appreciate them for their own merits.

Nigel.

I think you are confusing me "PeterBirder" (posts #19 and #39 ) with "birdboy" (post# 36).

Nowhere in my two posts have I expressed the view "that the forum should only be used to display images taken on Olympus e-system cameras".

Regards.*chr

Naughty Nigel
4th May 2016, 07:36 PM
Nigel.

I think you are confusing me "PeterBirder" (posts #19 and #39 ) with "birdboy" (post# 36).

Nowhere in my two posts have I expressed the view "that the forum should only be used to display images taken on Olympus e-system cameras".

Regards.*chr

Indeed you are correct Peter. :o

Please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake.

(Where is the white flag smiley? :o)

PeterBirder
4th May 2016, 08:55 PM
Indeed you are correct Peter. :o

Please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake.

(Where is the white flag smiley? :o)

Thanks Nigel.
No offence taken and no white flag needed.

Maybe we have too many birders in the group :eek:. On second thoughts better not go down that route.:D

Regards.*chr

Ulfric M Douglas
4th May 2016, 08:59 PM
I would like Foto Fair to be for mostly Olympus e-system photos with a sprinkling of older Olympus photos including film, and plenty of Panasonic 4/3rds and m4/3rds offerings.
I am also willing to be completely wrong.

shotokan101
4th May 2016, 09:04 PM
Thanks Nigel.
No offence taken and no white flag needed.

Maybe we have too many birders in the group :eek:. On second thoughts better not go down that route.:D

Regards.*chr

....as long as it's not Doggers.... :eek:

PeterBirder
4th May 2016, 09:14 PM

:D:D:D Oops, "coffee in keyboard moment".*clap

Ross the fiddler
4th May 2016, 10:43 PM

Ah, but...... too bad! :p ;)

http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/data/500/M2123093-s.jpg (http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/30229)

And just to make you feel at home (if you were downunder). :rolleyes: :D

http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/data/502/M3284671-cr-s.jpg (http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/30362)

*chr

shotokan101
4th May 2016, 10:54 PM
...and there was me going to add that at least the photos might be more interesting..... *wave

Naughty Nigel
4th May 2016, 11:46 PM

On Dogger Bank? :D

Ross the fiddler
4th May 2016, 11:59 PM
...and there was me going to add that at least the photos might be more interesting..... *wave

But then, there's more than just birds & dogs! ;)

http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/data/504/M4095545-s.jpg (http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/showphoto.php/photo/30388)

:D *chr

Zuiko
5th May 2016, 10:07 AM

I believe there are specific websites for that particular activity! :D

Naughty Nigel
5th May 2016, 10:17 AM

..... And I am sure they all use Nikons. :D

Ross the fiddler
5th May 2016, 10:57 AM

..... And I am sure they all use Nikons. :D

In my innocence I had to look up what this really meant. *erm *shrug

And then I found out (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/3170375/Now-its-cops-and-doggers-as-officers-told-to-protect-perverts.html)! :eek:

shotokan101
5th May 2016, 11:20 AM
"We Believe You Ross.... Honest!....."

Ross the fiddler
5th May 2016, 11:28 AM
"We Believe You Ross.... Honest!....."

Sure! :rolleyes: :D I live a sheltered life where I am. :|

Harold Gough
5th May 2016, 12:02 PM
Sure! :rolleyes: :D I live a sheltered life where I am. :|

You just carry on, doggedly! :D

Harold

shotokan101
5th May 2016, 01:01 PM
You just carry on, doggedly! :D

Harold

Awww.. C'Mon - you're being a bit "Ruff!" on him.... :D

Wee man
5th May 2016, 01:41 PM
Ross just keep tying your Kangaroo down. We will not tell.:D

Naughty Nigel
5th May 2016, 02:05 PM
Ross just keep tying your Kangaroo down. We will not tell.:D

Meanwhile in New Zealand they have Wellington(s) to keep the sheep under control. :eek:

It must be lonely out there. :D

Zuiko
5th May 2016, 03:07 PM
We're way off topic, but it has lightened the mood. :)

shotokan101
5th May 2016, 03:17 PM
Which has pleasantly reaffirmed my impression of the forum ;)

Ross the fiddler
5th May 2016, 10:14 PM
Meanwhile in New Zealand they have Wellington(s) to keep the sheep under control. :eek:

It must be lonely out there. :D

*nono

:eek: Oh no! I have a daughter visiting there today! *pnc

I don't know about you guys. :confused: *susp *shrug *ohwell

David M
5th May 2016, 11:01 PM
In my innocence I had to look up what this really meant. *erm *shrug

And then I found out (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/3170375/Now-its-cops-and-doggers-as-officers-told-to-protect-perverts.html)! :eek:

Don't worry Ross, the term came into use when I was in Canada so I only knew what it meant from watching British TV shows over here.

shotokan101
5th May 2016, 11:21 PM
Agreed - very Baaaaad taste..... :eek: