PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Note Automatic?

Wee man
30th April 2016, 02:10 PM
Existing car dying thinking of a Nissan Note Automatic, my wife needs a higher car and automatic as she had a bad back injury in the past and lacks strength in her left leg so has trouble with a clutch. Have seen a 2013 automatic with genuine low mileage (12000) does anyone on here have advice about this car?
Driving short distance to work used to visit daughter in Dublin every ten days or so, 120 miles on motorway each way.
Did look at a Honda Jazz but getting in and seating position did not suit.
Any help gratefully received

IainMacD
30th April 2016, 03:11 PM
A colleague at work had similar issues with driving position and recently bought a Kia Soul, but I can't remember whether it is automatic?
Might be worth a look?

Naughty Nigel
30th April 2016, 03:22 PM
I have no experience of Nissan cars but they seem to have a good reputation for reliability and longevity.

Somebody once quoted a statistic which claimed that of the Nissan Micras registered ten years ago 94% are still on the road compared with only 4% of Ford Fiestas.

Harold Gough
30th April 2016, 03:47 PM
By coincidence, a friend made a remark last week about the seating position of my Peugeot 307 diesel estate being unusually high. Maybe a Peugeot is an option.

Harold

Naughty Nigel
30th April 2016, 04:04 PM
Maybe a Peugeot is an option.

Harold

Or a Vauxhall Zafira?

(I think they also make a smaller version. Is it the Mokka?)

RogerMac
30th April 2016, 09:09 PM
I have a Note that has done 98,000 miles and I have just placed an order for a replacement, another Note. The reason for the replacement is just that I had become addicted to the proximity beeps when reversing but my hearing is loosing the high registers and I chose a replacement with oodles of cameras to help in parking. During the time we had it my wife had two hip replacements and found no problem with getting in and out also finds the driving position very comfortable. Her rather old WI friends also like its access.

Sorry neither is an automatic so I can not comment on that specific feature but in general it gets a big thumbs up from me.

Roger

Wee man
30th April 2016, 09:53 PM
Many thanks all food for thought with other makes, good to hear reliable motor.

Otto
1st May 2016, 08:14 AM
Read Honest John's opinion: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/note-2013/

Wee man
1st May 2016, 08:31 AM
Thanks Otto I have read this when looking at reviews makes interesting reading. I think it is hard to beat the views of people who have used a vehicle over a period of time.