PDA

View Full Version : Easy Jet vs Perfectionist

Zuiko
19th April 2016, 10:06 AM
I must confess to being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to photography. Not that I consider any of my pictures to be perfect, but I do like to present them to look as good as they can possibly be.

I've recently been putting together a collection to display in a Blurb book about Hatfield Forest and generally I was pleased with the way they looked when printed. All except the cover shot, which was the only one not to match the image displayed on my monitor. So I tweaked the exposure and contrast a bit and ordered a reprint, which was as close to perfect as I will ever get it. And then I noticed a tiny white and orange fleck in the sky - a b****y Easy Jet that had just taken off from Stansted Airport when I took the picture. Oh why didn't I notice it earlier? Now I have to edit it again. Grrrrrr! :mad:

AMc
19th April 2016, 12:34 PM
That must be really annoying!
We need visual proofreaders!

Naughty Nigel
19th April 2016, 12:51 PM
Not just 'a tiny white and orange fleck in the sky', but a budget tiny white and orange fleck in the sky! :D

Zuiko
19th April 2016, 05:36 PM
Not just 'a tiny white and orange fleck in the sky', but a budget tiny white and orange fleck in the sky! :D

Could have been worse I suppose - Ryan Air! :eek:

Naughty Nigel
19th April 2016, 05:55 PM
Could have been worse I suppose - Ryan Air! :eek:

I'm not too sure. QueasyJet's colours are even more garish than Ryanair's.

But take comfort from the fact that regardless of whether it was EasyJet or Ryanair the passengers wouldn't have been enjoying the experience! :rolleyes:

Zuiko
19th April 2016, 10:19 PM
But take comfort from the fact that regardless of whether it was EasyJet or Ryanair the passengers wouldn't have been enjoying the experience! :rolleyes:

Yes, it would take more than a can of diet Coke to improve their enjoyment of the flight! :D

Ricoh
19th April 2016, 11:25 PM
John, is it possible to post the image your talking about? Often a surprise element in the picture can be something for the viewer to find, sort of being a bonus for looking.

Zuiko
20th April 2016, 10:16 AM
John, is it possible to post the image your talking about? Often a surprise element in the picture can be something for the viewer to find, sort of being a bonus for looking.

Sure, Steve, here it is. You might have to look hard, I only noticed it by chance and the odds are that nobody else would notice if I didn't mention it. But now that I know it is there I will have to remove it. To give an idea of the size you are looking for, the jet is 21 pixels long, which on a 300 ppi print equates to approximately 1/15th inch. PS, sorry it's just a landscape with no people, I know how you feel about that - or do the passengers on the plane count? :D

http://www.e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/EASY_JET_01.jpg

benvendetta
20th April 2016, 11:21 AM
At a guess I'd say it is the blob by the small branch left of centre. Yes, easily missed.

Naughty Nigel
20th April 2016, 11:58 AM
It always makes me laugh around Christmastime when Ryanair advertise their gift vouchers on the wireless.

No matter how hard I try I really cannot think of anybody that I dislike enough to send on a Ryanair flight. ;)

AMc
20th April 2016, 12:25 PM
I can see it - at the tip of the right most branch. That would annoy me too!

Miketoll
20th April 2016, 01:34 PM
No matter how hard I try I really cannot think of anybody that I dislike enough to send on a Ryanair flight. ;)

There must be a few politicians surely?

Oh and yes I can see it too, once spotted it would drive me nuts. Funny how these things always seem to be found after the "final" printing!

Zuiko
20th April 2016, 02:24 PM
At a guess I'd say it is the blob by the small branch left of centre. Yes, easily missed.

Left of centre? Now you've got me looking for another problem! :eek:

Zuiko
20th April 2016, 02:25 PM
I can see it - at the tip of the right most branch. That would annoy me too!

Spot on! :)

Ricoh
20th April 2016, 06:19 PM
I'd say it's far too small, John, it would have been worth your while waiting for an aeroplane flying lower/closer for added impact. A biplane wing walker would have been perfect - added kudos for 'street' work!

JonSchick
20th April 2016, 07:28 PM
Well I'd rather it be Sleazy Jet than RyanAir (I can't stand that obnoxious b*ll*cks Michael O'Leary) but I understand - once you know it's there, you have to deal with it...

By the way, lovely picture... can see why it made the cover!

Ricoh
20th April 2016, 07:35 PM
Must agree, I don't mind SqueezyJet at all but O'LearyAir, that's a different matter.

Ps you don't spell bollocks like that :)

Zuiko
20th April 2016, 08:26 PM
Ps you don't spell bollocks like that :)

Hmmm, the forum auto censor obviously isn't working *nono

or that slang word for the male fertility organs has become de-criminalised! :rolleyes:

JonSchick
20th April 2016, 08:29 PM
Well as Bollocks Johnson used it the other day in his Brexit musings I really ought to find another word in any case.

Ricoh
20th April 2016, 08:35 PM

or that slang word for the male fertility organs has become de-criminalised! :rolleyes:
Ok, I'll voluntary write out 100 lines 'I must not use the word that sounds like rowlocks when texting on the forum'. Is 100 enough, I wonder!

Zuiko
20th April 2016, 08:45 PM
Ok, I'll voluntary write out 100 lines 'I must not use the word that sounds like rowlocks when texting on the forum'. Is 100 enough, I wonder!

You will also thrash yourself with a handful of nettles, walk barefoot over hot coals and carry a full frame Nikon system on your shoulder all day.

Or is the last one a bit harsh? :D

Zuiko
20th April 2016, 09:22 PM
Well as Bollocks Johnson used it the other day in his Brexit musings I really ought to find another word in any case.

He's a politician, they all talk bollocks - it's their first language!

See what you've made me do? Now I have to thrash myself with a full frame Nikon whilst carrying coals over hot nettles. :D

David M
20th April 2016, 09:47 PM
You could try billing Easy Jet for your time removing it and the inconvenience of their flight path. :D

Wee man
20th April 2016, 09:53 PM
Why not send them a copy to use as an advertising campaign?

Naughty Nigel
21st April 2016, 09:25 AM

Bishop Brennan says 'bollocks' quite a lot so it must be alright.

(As in, "don't call me Len you little bollocks; I'm a Bishop".) :D

He's a politician, they all talk bollocks - it's their first language!

No John, their first language is , as in expenses claims. :rolleyes:

See what you've made me do? Now I have to thrash myself with a full frame Nikon whilst carrying coals over hot nettles. :D

Alternatively, you could always take a Ryanair flight as your penance John.

And if you fly to Rome you might even come across a very angry Bishop who has just realised that one of his parish priests kicked him up the a**e a day or two ago. :D

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/hey_judy10/33217014/4596/4596_640.png

(** I have just realised that one is still censored.)

Walti
21st April 2016, 09:47 AM
I think you should leave it in place and issue the photo at Christmas, so that should anyone notice you can tell them it's a token bauble for the tree....

.... I'll get my coat!

Zuiko
21st April 2016, 09:49 AM
No John, their first language is , as in expenses claims. :rolleyes:

No, that's not their language, it's their religion :D

Naughty Nigel
21st April 2016, 09:51 AM
Left of centre? Now you've got me looking for another problem! :eek:

Left of centre is always a problem John. ;)

Ricoh
21st April 2016, 09:52 AM
'Fr. Ted' is an all time classic, and now Fr. Jack has departed too, Feck!!

Zuiko
21st April 2016, 09:55 AM
Left of centre is always a problem John. ;)

Ha ha, I'll give you that one, Nigel. *chr

Naughty Nigel
21st April 2016, 09:57 AM
'Fr. Ted' is an all time classic, and now Fr. Jack has departed too, Feck!!

No doubt Fr. Jack will be enjoying a bottle or three up there. I just hope there aren't too many nuns for him. :D

But did you see Fr. Dougal on (I think it was) Celebrity Mastermind? He was brilliant. *yes

Ricoh
21st April 2016, 11:45 AM
I must have missed that episode of Celebrity Mastermind. It doesn't surprise me, most comedians are intelligent, they have to be to survive.

I believe the Catholic Church was reluctant (or refused) to bury Dermot Morgan when he passed away, how petty!

I loved it when Fr Dougal says to Ted "Shall I get the insects, Ted?" Ted replies "Incense Dougal, not Insects, God how did you become a priest?"

Naughty Nigel
21st April 2016, 12:55 PM
I must have missed that episode of Celebrity Mastermind. It doesn't surprise me, most comedians are intelligent, they have to be to survive.

I believe the Catholic Church was reluctant (or refused) to bury Dermot Morgan when he passed away, how petty!

I loved it when Fr Dougal says to Ted "Shall I get the insects, Ted?" Ted replies "Incense Dougal, not Insects, God how did you become a priest?"

I was given the Father Ted DVD box set for my birthday last year so I know most of the funniest lines off by heart, but they are still hilarious.

I also happen to know that members of our local clergy find it hilarious too so they clearly don't have a problem with it, (although a friend who is married to the Deputy Head Teacher of a nearby RC secondary school isn't allowed to watch it!) :D

I'm not sure whether the celebrity quiz show was Mastermind, but it was something very similar, with some very tough questions. I will ask management when she comes home. :)

Ricoh
21st April 2016, 01:19 PM
This latest discussion has gone somewhat off topic - remind me, how did we get onto Fr. Ted? Anyway, great, ok so!
My daughter knows most of the funny lines off by heart, and recites them 'in an Irish accent' when she has to correct me!

Walti
21st April 2016, 01:30 PM
"Dougal, would you like your pizza cut into 6 pieces or 8?"

"Oh 6 I couldn't eat 8 pieces"

Ricoh
21st April 2016, 01:40 PM
"Dougal, would you like your pizza cut into 6 pieces or 8?"

"Oh 6 I couldn't eat 8 pieces"

Haha

Priceless! I don't remember that line.

Naughty Nigel
21st April 2016, 04:00 PM
This latest discussion has gone somewhat off topic - remind me, how did we get onto Fr. Ted? Anyway, great, ok so!

I think it was the word 'bollocks'. :D

'Dougal, these are small, and these are far away'! :D

Whilst on the subject of Fr. Ted I also have fond memories of Dave Allen and his sketches. I doubt if the BBC would dare to air them nowadays thanks to the PC Police, but some of them were brilliant. The farting Bishop sketch was a particular favourite of mine.

Farting Bishop YouTube Link (https://youtu.be/Qx6hAQmR1fg)

Ricoh
21st April 2016, 04:17 PM
Ah yes, the 'B' word, cost me 100 lines, Feck!

This is one of the classics in my mind:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tentacles_of_Doom

Naughty Nigel
21st April 2016, 05:04 PM
Ah yes, the 'B' word, cost me 100 lines, Feck!

"Now that would be an ecumenical matter." :D

Zuiko
22nd April 2016, 02:02 AM
My daughter knows most of the funny lines off by heart, and recites them 'in an Irish accent' when she has to correct me!

No problem going off topic, the original purpose of my thread had run its course anyway and if members are continuing to enjoy some light-hearted banter it's fine with me. :)