PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be Back!

Pjphoto59
14th April 2016, 08:44 AM
I have not been here for several weeks, despite many attempts. My problem - I forgot which of my several passwords I use for this forum.

Then the "forgotten password" question:

"You can cha?ge the lens on Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds cameras."

Grammatically speaking, I do not think it is a question.

I know very well indeed that I can change the lenses on Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds cameras, and indeed put 4/3 lenses on m4/3 cameras with a adapter, but somehow I could not produce an acceptable answer.

Is it me? If not maybe another question could be invented.

How did I overcome the problem? Just stuck a password that worked!

Ricoh
14th April 2016, 09:37 AM
I have not been here for several weeks, despite many attempts. My problem - I forgot which of my several passwords I use for this forum.

I know very well indeed that I can change the lenses on Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds cameras, and indeed put 4/3 lenses on m4/3 cameras with a adapter, but somehow I could not produce an acceptable answer.

Letter 'n'.

Naughty Nigel
14th April 2016, 10:15 AM

It often strikes me that a forgotten or incorrect password is a hacker's dream come true, as you can guarantee that the 'victim' will try every password they have ever used in an effort to log in.

There must be a better way? :confused:

Pierre L
14th April 2016, 11:44 AM
A note for Ian:
There is actually a valid point here. I was locked out for several weeks earlier in the year. There seems to be a bug in the password recovery mechanism. I just tried with a different browser and pretended not to know my password (which is true -- I am permanently logging using Firefox on this machine and I have no idea what my password is). Having entered my e-mail, I come to the difficult question (in this case):
"The premium Olympus lens brand is - Z?iko"
Do you think the answer is u. WRONG. "the answer given to the random question was incorrect". 'u' doesn't work either.
There seems to be no way to communicate with an admin unless your are logged in...

Pjphoto59
14th April 2016, 02:50 PM
Letter 'n'.

Thanks Steve, I just knew it would be something obvious, but not to me. .

Ian
15th April 2016, 09:35 AM
Problem noted, thanks - I will review the security Q&As.

Ian