PDA

View Full Version : Imagination first, gear second

Ricoh
10th April 2016, 10:33 AM
Taken from the Phoblograper, how true is this...

http://thephoblographer.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c936e6d50a1b870cefefb7762&id=f09296200e&e=b8a5b56ba0

Wally
10th April 2016, 11:54 AM
A very insightful blog. Especially liked the reference regards the music.

Graham_of_Rainham
10th April 2016, 01:59 PM
One of the huge advantages of growing up with film, was the way we were taught to think before pressing the button.

I can recall tracing an image on paper from the back of a Full Plate to show how the picture would be composed. I very much enjoy using OI.Share on the ipad and Capture to see how things look, long before I ever actually take a shot.

This is a good read for those that have not done the whole "visualisation of the end result" thing...

*chr

Ricoh
10th April 2016, 04:17 PM
I can imagine it would be useful to make a quick sketch of what you want, then return when the light etc resembles what you imagined. Even on the 'street' when I encounter a potential opportunity I'll return sometime later to get the elements of the composition as I imagined. Using a RF has made me think more and take less.

David M
10th April 2016, 04:28 PM
One of the huge advantages of growing up with film, was the way we were taught to think before pressing the button.

I can recall tracing an image on paper from the back of a Full Plate to show how the picture would be composed. I very much enjoy using OI.Share on the ipad and Capture to see how things look, long before I ever actually take a shot.

This is a good read for those that have not done the whole "visualisation of the end result" thing...

*chr

I still work that way and actually take less shots with digital not needing in camera dupes.

Harold Gough
11th April 2016, 06:18 PM
I agree with a lot of what he says, not least having been a user of colour reversal film for most of my life. I think he makes to much of "imagination" although I believe in making the best of a subject.

Harold