PDA

View Full Version : Hello from County Antrim

Tag
30th December 2008, 12:52 AM
Hi All,

I'm glad to have found you! I've had an E410 for a year or so and Santa has just given me a fantastic 70 - 300, so it's really about time I asked for advice! : )
Most of my understanding of photography was gleaned from a 35mm Halina and a few rolls of film and a Sony Ericsson phone!

For now though, I'll just say 'Hi' and best wishes for 2009

I hope this link works http://www.flickr.com/photos/gi8skn/

tag

Zuiko
30th December 2008, 01:29 AM
Hi Tag, and welcome!

Look forward to seeing some pictures taken with that new lens! :D

StephenL
30th December 2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Tag, and welcome! You live in a lovely part of the country - good news for that lens of yours!

madasadad
30th December 2008, 09:21 AM
Welcome Tag, the forum is a great mine of information. Enjoy.
I'm from Carrick too, I hope to see a few close ups of the statues on the top of the Castle with that new lens of yours. I'm wrestling with the credit crunch and debating buying the same lens.

Tag
30th December 2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll be sure to post a few pictures when time and the weather are on my side.

Great to hear another Carrickfergus voice too,Madasadad ! : ) I'l let you know how I get on with this lens - it seems very versatile! I have noticed that as I zoom manually it 'sticks/tightens' slightly after the 200mm mark, but maybe that is simply newness.

tag

Ellie
30th December 2008, 11:23 PM
Hi Tag, good to meet you :)

You're going to really enjoy using your new lens, and I look forward to seeing the results

Graham_of_Rainham
31st December 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the friendly site :)

I really like the 70-300 its got such great flexibility.

Have a Great New Year

*chr