PDA

View Full Version : Panny 1:1.7/15mm Problem

TClement
8th April 2016, 07:55 AM
I have the Panny 1:1.7/15mm on my OMD E-M10. For a time there was no problem, but recently, when I re-mount the lens, I can not see an image. I remount it several times and then it works. I never have this problem with any other lens I have. Ideas?

Ricoh
8th April 2016, 08:18 AM
Damn electronics!
What does the display indicate if you switch the camera on without a lens attached, is it the same as when the non-responsive 15 is attached? The only thing I can think of is the electrical contacts. Try cleaning with isopropyl, let it evaporate and try again. Is there a menu option to allow shooting without a lens, if so try selecting, but with the lens attached.

PeterBirder
8th April 2016, 11:19 AM
Check that the lens locking pin on the camera is operating smoothly and does not have any dirt on it or has been bent slightly by trying to remove the lens without fully depressing the release button. Also check there is no debris in the slot in the lens flange which the pin engages which will prevent the pin from fully engaging. Both of these have been known to cause your problem. A very small amount of dirt or debris is enough to cause problems.

Regards.*chr

TClement
8th April 2016, 01:54 PM
What does the display indicate if you switch the camera on without a lens attached, is it the same as when the non-responsive 15 is attached?
The display is the same w/o lens and when the non-responsive lens is attached.

The pin is clean and not bent.

Ralph Harwood
8th April 2016, 05:21 PM
Hi there TClement!

Have a look at the lens mount especially the hole into which the pin goes into when correctly located - I have had an issue with a 4/3 to m4/3 converter (not Olympus MMF but a cheap chinese copy) where a tiny burr on the edge of the hole stopped the pin engaging properly, a quick rub with a needle file cured the issue.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Ralph Harwood
8th April 2016, 05:51 PM
Hi there again!

Just re read peterbirders post and I have pretty much repeated the second half of his advice.

Cheers,

Ralph.

TClement
11th April 2016, 07:44 AM
Yes - I filed the edges of the hole and that seems to have taken care of the problem.*chr