PDA

View Full Version : One to watch...

Wally
3rd April 2016, 07:44 PM
Tax Havens of the Rich and Powerful Exposed...

BBC 1 Panorama - 7:30pm Monday 4th, April *yes

Reporter Richard Bilton exposes tax dodgers, criminals and world leaders who have been hiding their money and their secrets offshore.

The rich and powerful have hidden billions of dollars in tax havens.

They thought their financial secrets were safe, but now a huge leak of documents has revealed a world of secrecy, lies and crimes.

Naughty Nigel
4th April 2016, 03:50 PM
Oh yes. I shall be watching that one with interest. :)

I don't know if I am surprised or disappointed that, other than the aptly named 'Blairmore Holdings', there doesn't seem to be any mention of British politicians and their families - yet.

Time will tell. *yes

Jim Ford
4th April 2016, 06:41 PM
Oh yes. I shall be watching that one with interest. :)

I don't know if I am surprised or disappointed that, other than the aptly named 'Blairmore Holdings', there doesn't seem to be any mention of British politicians and their families - yet.

Time will tell. *yes

It's been mentioned that Cameron's late father was heavily involved. If so then Cameron's inherited wealth is derived from the morally reprehensible if not downright illegal affair. Still he's a Tory and a toff, so it's OK!

Jim

DerekW
4th April 2016, 07:37 PM
and he appears motivated to closing the funds down as a tax avoidance scam.

shenstone
4th April 2016, 07:54 PM
I just watched it - very poor, typical of modern low quality doorstepping journalism.

There are lots of facts coming out today, but the BBC decided it was easier and presumably cheaper to doorstep a few people and get them to decline to comment.

The story is interesting, the program wasn't

Naughty Nigel
4th April 2016, 09:16 PM
It's been mentioned that Cameron's late father was heavily involved. If so then Cameron's inherited wealth is derived from the morally reprehensible if not downright illegal affair. Still he's a Tory and a toff, so it's OK!

Jim

Not that Tony (or Cherie) Blair would ever involve themselves in such schemes. But then of course Tony only went into politics for the good of the working classes. :rolleyes:

Wee man
4th April 2016, 10:02 PM
May not be on here for a while until the journalists go away from the gatehouse area, I will be in hiding as some twit hit the forward button and all my details went with the others. Now the debt collectors and HMRC know were to find me to say nothing about the local paper shop!

Naughty Nigel
4th April 2016, 10:07 PM
May not be on here for a while until the journalists go away from the gatehouse area, I will be in hiding as some twit hit the forward button and all my details went with the others. Now the debt collectors and HMRC know were to find me to say nothing about the local paper shop!

Shall we have a whip round to pay your paper bill? :D

Having listened to the discussion on Vine today about Kim Philby, just don't admit to anything and you'll be fine. *yes

Wee man
5th April 2016, 06:58 AM
I have been advised to get into politics in our upcoming local election as this lessens the seriousness of the moral ineptitude.