PDA

View Full Version : Interesting FULL FRAME camera

Walti
10th March 2016, 05:35 PM
none of this stupid 35mm malarky...

http://www.wexphotographic.com/webcontent/product_images/large/98/1560061.jpg

200MP as well...

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-hasselblad-h5d-200cms-medium-format-digital-camera-body/p1560061

They can't be bothered to give the "full frame/35mm equivalent" focal length for the lenses though...

http://www.wexphotographic.com/webcontent/product_images/large/98/1003233.jpg

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-hasselblad-hc-210-lens/p1003233

Imageryone
10th March 2016, 06:09 PM
Very nice too! Think I will have two, one as a spare body and one each of the lenses!
That is one I might find difficult to get past SWMBO :D:D:D:D

Loup Garou
10th March 2016, 07:41 PM
Its that camera or rest of your mortgage. :eek:

Walti
10th March 2016, 07:54 PM
I really need to keep this in reserve for the "full frame" argument!

Just hope I remember!

Naughty Nigel
10th March 2016, 08:09 PM
Only £31,000! :eek:

But does it have a full 6 x 6 cm sensor?

Some MF digital cameras have reduced size sensors, so you are a bit stuck at the wide angle end. Low light performance is very good though.

Harold Gough
11th March 2016, 08:04 AM
Only £31,000! :eek:

Isn't that about the same as the very first B/W (0.1 MP?) digital camera?

Harold

pdk42
11th March 2016, 08:13 AM
I went to a wedding some years ago where the couple had secured a professional photographer to provide the imagery. He was using a pair of Hasselblads which I thought particularly impressive and of course immediately started me wondering how much he would be charging. I meant to speak with him but didn't get the chance. When the final photographs emerged some weeks later I was amazed at just how bad they were. Awful composition, wonky horizons, cheesy poses and props, bad flash technique, you name it ... Just awful. All the technical image quality in the world can't make up for the basics!

Wally
11th March 2016, 09:15 AM
I went to a wedding some years ago where the couple had secured a professional photographer to provide the imagery. He was using a pair of Hasselblads which I thought particularly impressive and of course immediately started me wondering how much he would be charging. I meant to speak with him but didn't get the chance. When the final photographs emerged some weeks later I was amazed at just how bad they were. Awful composition, wonky horizons, cheesy poses and props, bad flash technique, you name it ... Just awful. All the technical image quality in the world can't make up for the basics!

Makes me realise just how much of a bargain my £cheap Olympus gear is. *yes

BTW - CF Cards can be formatted for PC / MAC but connections are based on the latest Apple ports and require adapters. In addition, you need a ginormous HD - possibly two - so as to accommodate the equally ginormous file sizes.

On that basis and the fact I'd need to buy a lens... I'll pass. ;-)

Zuiko
11th March 2016, 09:22 AM
I really need to keep this in reserve for the "full frame" argument!

Reminds me of the classic line by Paul Hogan/Crocodile Dundee

"Call that a knife? This is a knife!"

Walti
11th March 2016, 09:45 AM
Reminds me of the classic line by Paul Hogan/Crocodile Dundee

"Call that a knife? This is a knife!"

One of my favourite too!

Internaut
12th March 2016, 07:01 PM
I've been saying for a while we need a formal, ISO standard that anchors everything to the common 35mm format. That way, any lens can come with a full set of equivalence information. I fully believe such a standard could lead to the extinction of the common Internet forum equivalence nazi.

Naughty Nigel
12th March 2016, 10:07 PM

Some friends asked me to take informal photographs at their daughter's wedding. They had cleared this with the Pro, who incidentally was charging £2,200 - and this was a good few years ago!

I had been planning to use my E1, but it was a beautiful bright June day, with harsh lighting and deep shadows, so I took my Mamiya 645 and Metz gun instead with a few rolls of Portra 160 NC.

Everything was fine until the 'Pro' spotted me. She came strutting across the churchyard with an EOS 450D or similar hanging around her neck, and asked "what the hell do you think you're doing with that?"

I looked down at my trusty Mamiya and explained "it's a camera; I'm taking photographs with it." I also explained that she had agreed to us taking some shots.

At that point she exploded, and asked if I had plenty of film? I asked he if she needed some, to which she replied that if she saw me take one photograph she would leave, and I would be left to do the job. She also made an insulting comment about my use of a flashgun in broad daylight. This wasn't quite what I had planned. :(

Anyhow, when the 'Pro' disappeared into the church I saw an opportunity as the bride and her father stood just outside of the church door. I had just a moment to grab one shot as the bride organised her veil, and before our Rector started to become impatient.

In much the same way that Paul reports, the official photographs were disappointing to say the least, being very shadowy, noisy and poorly exposed. Quite a few also had an unpleasant colour cast suggesting a WB problem, but having been shot only in camera Jpeg there wasn't a lot the 'Pro' could or would do about it.

In the event my one shot of the bride and her father was one of the most requested photographs, although I would never, ever put myself forward as a 'people photographer'. :)

(Scenes of crime is more my style. :D )