PDA

View Full Version : Women's Handbags!

Jim Ford
4th March 2016, 01:36 PM
Some of you may have seen a Top Gear programme when Jeremy Clarkson commented on the contents of a woman's handbag, stating that you could put a brick in one and the owner wouldn't notice, because there's usually so much 'junk' in them.

My partner's handbag is like that! This morning, with considerable puzzlement, she pulled out of her handbag a fist-sized head of broccoli. She'd put it in about a week ago at the supermarket (to save on bags) and forgot about it. It was just a bit flabby.

A couple of days ago she'd carted it all round London and visited the National Gallery. It was a pity that security at the Gallery didn't search her bag!

Jim

Imageryone
4th March 2016, 01:43 PM
Joke in our house is that all Handbags finish up Shoulder Bags as the handles stretch under the strain:D

David M
4th March 2016, 03:50 PM
A photo forum may not be the best place to post this observation given the amount of junk some photographers carry in their camera bags.

Simon Bee
4th March 2016, 05:11 PM
A photo forum may not be the best place to post this observation given the amount of junk some photographers carry in their camera bags.

Quite right David :D

Or even ... how many bags many photographers own ( myself included ) , personally I seem to have quite a 'bag fetish' :eek:

Kind regards, Simon

pandora
4th March 2016, 05:53 PM
The contents of a woman's handbag is a CT scan of her brain.

Harold Gough
4th March 2016, 06:30 PM
The contents of a woman's handbag is a CT scan of her brain.

Careful! A handbag is a weapon of male destruction.

Harold

David M
4th March 2016, 07:13 PM
Quite right David :D

Or even ... how many bags many photographers own ( myself included ) , personally I seem to have quite a 'bag fetish' :eek:

Kind regards, Simon

If you count bags, backpacks and hard cases I'm easily into double figures. Mind you, my oldest (a Tenba) is now 35 years old.

Imageryone
4th March 2016, 07:38 PM
Not particularly a bag man, but I do use a Photo Vest, and the relief after a days shoot should tell me I am carrying to much:D:D

Wee man
4th March 2016, 08:20 PM
I will stay quite as I just ordered a Lowe Pro runner AW 35 II today!

pandora
4th March 2016, 08:35 PM
Careful! A handbag is a weapon of male destruction. Harold

I answer to none anymore, for one reason or another they all left me (I wonder why :confused:)
One thing you're unlikely to find in a woman's handbag is a cellphone, she left it in the car, flat battery or out of credit - a woman should only be permitted a wall phone mounted in the scullery. Hopefully the distaff members of our company will continue subscribing to my informative posts :D

Mrs T
4th March 2016, 09:09 PM
Well, here's a women's view! Give me a good camera bag any day! For years it was my Billingham, since Christmas it's my Peak Design. Has been that way for about 10 years! People comment on size/weight, but I just tell them it's smaller and lighter than some handbags!

Floribunda
4th March 2016, 11:17 PM
I lOVE, LOVE, LOVE bags. :)
With some ladies it is shoes, but with me it has always been BAGS.
My search for the perfect bag is never-ending, and such pleasure! And since photography came on the scene, another form of bag to hunt down. Bliss.
I have never warmed to camera bags - too big, too small, compartments in the wrong place, and too heavy.
At the moment I am using a bag for camera gear pilfered from one of my daughters (yes, I go through both daughters' bags just to make sure they are not harbouring that perfect bag) :D
It is a neat little number I could describe in length, but no time, I must get down to the shops as the search must go on.

pandora
4th March 2016, 11:45 PM
Amanda, Lyn ... and I was hoping for a bite! *shrug :D

Ricoh
5th March 2016, 12:17 AM
I lOVE, LOVE, LOVE bags. :)
With some ladies it is shoes, but with me it has always been BAGS.
My search for the perfect bag is never-ending, and such pleasure! And since photography came on the scene, another form of bag to hunt down. Bliss.
I have never warmed to camera bags - too big, too small, compartments in the wrong place, and too heavy.
At the moment I am using a bag for camera gear pilfered from one of my daughters (yes, I go through both daughters' bags just to make sure they are not harbouring that perfect bag) :D
It is a neat little number I could describe in length, but no time, I must get down to the shops as the search must go on.

You should consider the Jane Brown option of using a wicker basket - one minute it's an ornate handbag, the next it's a camera bag, or both simultaneously if you choose. :)

Ross the fiddler
5th March 2016, 02:56 AM
I can't deny I have several camera bags now,...... & a few sporrans for different occasions. :o I must get back into Scottish Country dancing again as I need the exercise & I might get to use them again.

Harold Gough
5th March 2016, 09:57 AM
I can't deny I have several camera bags now,...... & a few sporrans for different occasions. :o I must get back into Scottish Country dancing again as I need the exercise & I might get to use them again.

Which camera bag would you wear? :D

Harold

Mrs T
5th March 2016, 11:07 AM
Amanda, Lyn ... and I was hoping for a bite! *shrug :D

You'll need to try harder than that! ;)

Ross the fiddler
5th March 2016, 12:48 PM
Which camera bag would you wear? :D

Harold

I reckon my canvas (messenger style) bag would go alright with my cowhide sporran (& brown boots, belt & oilskin jacket). :p :D

It was too hot to have the oilskin jacket on here (http://59.167.222.208/Sydney/) (the top photo of Photographs). :rolleyes:
http://59.167.222.208/Sydney/Images/Photos/20090404_Bundanoon03.jpg

Floribunda
5th March 2016, 11:30 PM
I reckon my canvas (messenger style) bag would go alright with my cowhide sporran (& brown boots, belt & oilskin jacket). :p :D

It was too hot to have the oilskin jacket on here (http://59.167.222.208/Sydney/) (the top photo of Photographs). :rolleyes:

A great example of why wives should always run their eyes over their husband's wardrobe before they leave the house. :D

Harold Gough
6th March 2016, 07:52 AM

When you purchase a bag do you check that it is fling-proof! *laugh

Harold

Jim Ford
6th March 2016, 08:36 AM

For some reason I didn't dare to click on the links!

;^)

Jim

Zuiko
6th March 2016, 09:31 AM
I'm glad that my wife has such a large handbag, it means when we go for a walk I can slip my Benbo Mk1 in it and she doesn't even notice! :D

Ross the fiddler
6th March 2016, 09:52 AM
For some reason I didn't dare to click on the links!

;^)

Jim

Wuss! :p They're photos of the Sydney Scottish Fiddlers & the most recent on the link was the group of us playing a session in the Fiddlers Tent (the last time I had gone) at The Bundanoon Highland Gathering (http://www.brigadoon.net.au/). *yes :D

*chr

olbond
6th March 2016, 09:54 PM
I love hand-made bags!

Naughty Nigel
7th March 2016, 12:26 PM
I have an admission to make.

I used to have a leather laptop bag, similar to a briefcase, that carried a plethora of other bits and pieces that I needed when working out and about.

Like a ladies' handbag it had numerous pockets and hidey holes in which to lose things.

Anyhow, two or three weeks after one particular mission our daughter asked where the smell of oranges was coming from? Nobody else could smell them and we couldn't find the source so we just forgot about it.

A few days later our daughter asked the same question again. By this time I could also smell oranges, but couldn't find the source and put it down to air freshener, perfume, scented candles or similar.

The smell of oranges didn't go away, but with the passage of time became stronger and more musty. It was at this point that I had one of those 'oh bugger' moments, and remembered that I had taken an orange from the breakfast bar in my hotel in Italy, and had put it in my laptop bag to eat later in the day.

I searched through the bag and found the orange, which by now was more of a bluey-green and brown colour, soft and very pungent. :o

I never did get rid of that smell and so decided to give my bag a decent burial. *yes

DerekW
7th March 2016, 04:03 PM
Cat litter in the bag might have cleared the smell, but I supposed you could write the loss off against tax.

Naughty Nigel
7th March 2016, 10:16 PM
Cat litter in the bag might have cleared the smell, but I supposed you could write the loss off against tax.

Err yes, but as I only paid 29 for it in a sale at PC World I would be lucky to buy a Greggs Meal Deal on the tax reclaim! :)