PDA

View Full Version : at last an Olympus forum!

MarkVarley
24th December 2008, 12:46 AM
I've been looking around for a source of information and advice from people specifically using Olympus dSLR's for a while (ok, so I didn't look that hard obviously).

so hello all, this is me :D

tlove
24th December 2008, 08:02 AM
You've come to the right place, Mark... welcome to our world *chr

We're quite a friendly bunch, so feel free to ask - and we look forward to seeing some of your work!

theMusicMan
24th December 2008, 08:21 AM
Welcome Mark, it's great to have a Pro on board. Hoping to pick up a few tips from you in the coming months.

Welcome matey...

skyman1
24th December 2008, 09:30 AM
Hi and welcome from one who is not so good but hopes to get better to a great friendly place
*waving

dbutch
24th December 2008, 09:47 AM
Hmm, I know a Mark Varley but he's a subsea engineer so I guess its not you!!

Welcome aboard

Dave

StephenL
24th December 2008, 10:32 AM
Welcome Mark - the more contributers the merrier!

sapper
24th December 2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome aboard Mark.
Your site is interesting:-)

MarkVarley
24th December 2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I've uploaded a 'family friendly' selection of my photography (most of it isn't), so you can see what I get up to with my Olympus ;)

Dave - I'm definitely not a subsea engineer so there are at least two of us out there then :)

I'll keep an eye on the forum as much as time allows and help folks out where I can *chr

Ian
24th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Hey Mark - nice to see you here.

Our sibling site, Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com), may be of interest to you as well :)

Ian

MarkVarley
24th December 2008, 05:21 PM
Hey Mark - nice to see you here.

Our sibling site, Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com), may be of interest to you as well :)

Ian

Thanks Ian I'll take a look there.

MarkVarley
24th December 2008, 05:22 PM
You've come to the right place, Mark... welcome to our world *chr

We're quite a friendly bunch, so feel free to ask - and we look forward to seeing some of your work!

I've uploaded a handfull of recent photos now *xmashat04

Ellie
24th December 2008, 09:30 PM
Hi Mark, I think I recognise you from somewhere else ;)

MarkVarley
24th December 2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Mark, I think I recognise you from somewhere else ;)

Yep, I followed your trail of breadcrumbs ;)

Graham_of_Rainham
24th December 2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome. I hope we get to see a full range of your images and that you can provide some top tips.

Merry Christmas

*chr

DekHog
24th December 2008, 09:45 PM
Yup, it really isn't that easy to find this place if the truth be told - you have to do a UK specific google search for 'Olympus Forum,' and even then it's half way down page three of the hits...

Welcome anyway, you'll get all the help you need here... or maybe you can help others!

MarkVarley
24th December 2008, 10:41 PM
Yup, it really isn't that easy to find this place if the truth be told - you have to do a UK specific google search for 'Olympus Forum,' and even then it's half way down page three of the hits...

Welcome anyway, you'll get all the help you need here... or maybe you can help others!

I came in by following Ellie after she posted on my photoblog, kind of a back-way-in :D

Ellie
27th December 2008, 10:32 PM
Yep, I followed your trail of breadcrumbs ;)
Ah, that makes me Gretel, I think! ;)

grumpy69
28th December 2008, 07:12 AM
Hi Mark, welcome to a friendly site, some nice shots *chr

MarkVarley
28th December 2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Mark, welcome to a friendly site, some nice shots *chr

Thanks Grumpy!*chr