PDA

View Full Version : Nikon DL Announcement

Petanque
25th February 2016, 07:25 PM
A very interesting range of cameras from Nikon and I wonder what effect the development of these 1" sensor cameras will effect sales of micro four thirds.

Graham_of_Rainham
25th February 2016, 10:09 PM
I think 4k video is a big selling point for those that want to shoot HD Video or grab still frames from a video. Other than that I doubt there is little else that will feed across to mft

IainMacD
25th February 2016, 10:20 PM
I don't think these Nikons are but I was wondering if there are any quality weather sealed compacts on the market (not the 'Tough' type); does anyone know?

pdk42
25th February 2016, 10:43 PM
They are glorified P&S cameras IMHO. With only a single control dial, on the back around the 4-way buttons, it's not got the control-ability of an enthusiast's camera.

Zuiko
25th February 2016, 11:58 PM
I thought that Nikon already had a "range" (such as it is) of small sensor, mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras? They don't seem to have affected sales of MFT cameras much.

Imageryone
26th February 2016, 08:34 AM
I don't think these Nikons are but I was wondering if there are any quality weather sealed compacts on the market (not the 'Tough' type); does anyone know?

Think the Canon G series are weatherproofed. Not owned one but have friends who own the G9. Older but great quality and lens. For some reason, Canon change the G series lens on every new model.

drmarkf
27th February 2016, 10:52 PM
It's interesting they've chosen to name them according to the full frame fields of view: presumably a marketing ploy to attract the interest of 'real' Nikon camera owners.

Yes, if anyone (Olympus?) would produce a version of this 18-50 DL with weather sealing and a second exposure dial they would probably get my money. I'd be prepared to lose the 4k and would prefer it to be a tad smaller.

Phill D
28th February 2016, 08:14 AM
These do look an interesting trio. It will make for interesting playtime at the NEC if they are there. What I'd prefer though is if Olympus had been able to shoehorn a 1" sensor into a Stylus 1s body and added the 4k video grab technology. With an additional add on x2 converter lens to use when needed then everything would be covered in a lightweight single package.