PDA

View Full Version : Walk before Work

pandora
20th February 2016, 10:21 AM
This Morning's walk took me beside the creek among big Red River Gums.
High in the canopy a mob of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos watched my progress and screeched abuse!
I had with me the GalaxyS6 and the XZ-1 so just to be a nark I stopped to mock them with the cameras. :D
So this was all about exercise before sitting down to continue painting a landscape that I've been working on all week.
I'm hoping to have it done and on display here by Sunday. Painting is very different from photography. I'm enjoying both mediums.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Walkies1.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/88438)

Selfie shot with the phone propped against a log, the middle pic also was with the GalaxyS6, the Cockatoo was with the XZ-1

Beagletorque
20th February 2016, 10:24 AM
The screeched abuse must have been for those legs!

Imageryone
20th February 2016, 10:44 AM
Good to see you out and about, Mark, even if it is to get abused :D:D

pandora
20th February 2016, 06:59 PM
The screeched abuse must have been for those legs!
Just leave my legs out of it, Andrew! I'll have you know that there was a time (not all that long ago either I might add) when women went hysterical over those well turned legs to
the point where I was obliged to wear long trousers to avoid being mobbed. My prosthetist has made a mould of them to be cast in bronze commissioned by the YWCA. So there! *smug

Good to see you out and about, Mark, even if it is to get abused :D:D
Thanks David, exercise is necessary before sitting down painting up to 6 hours a day, and keeps the old trigger finger happy as well!

Mrs T
20th February 2016, 07:16 PM
Good to see you exercising body and soul! If only it was warm enough here for shorts and t-shirt. Still only 9 days of winter left! And only 3 months and 9 days until summer!

Ian
20th February 2016, 07:49 PM
Show off! :)

Ian

pandora
20th February 2016, 08:35 PM
Good to see you exercising body and soul! If only it was warm enough here for shorts and t-shirt. Still only 9 days of winter left! And only 3 months and 9 days until summer!
I'm not sure that I have a soul, - I've been told that I lost it a long time ago. *shrug
It is pretty hot here, Amanda. Fortunately a dry heat, low humidity. Today's temp 34C followed by 36C > 39C > 39C > then 27C on Thursday, which is when we locals start pulling on foul weather gear!

Show off! :) Ian
Like they say, Ian, "if you've got it, FLAUNT IT!" :D

Thanks for dropping in, long time, no see. *chr