PDA

View Full Version : Grip for the E-M10

ronyzmbow
18th February 2016, 05:55 PM
How do the original Olympus ECG-1 grip compare with the cheaper Chinese made grip?
Which one feels better?
Is the Chinese grip too bulky?

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=67

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertical-Metal-Quick-Release-Plate-Bracket-Hand-Grip-for-Olympus-OM-D-E-M10-47U5-/281793359379?hash=item419c316e13:g:lgwAAOSwqv9V7Ua 4

pvasc
18th February 2016, 10:46 PM
Had both, prefer the cheaper one. More to hang on to, easy access to battery, but a bit cold in winter time.

BorisB
22nd February 2016, 05:05 PM
Haven't tried the cheaper one - aesthetics don't look too good and hex screws?? Impressed with the Olympus version. Quick to mount/remove and well made etc.

byegad
22nd February 2016, 08:53 PM
+1 for BorisB's comments, with a rider that the price seemed steep when I bought the Olympus grip but it seems much better value now!

ronyzmbow
5th June 2016, 04:51 PM
Had for a very short while the Chinese grip. It was way too heavy and too bulky for me!
Sold it and got the original Olympus ECG-1 grip.
WAY BETTER!!!
Small, very light and very effective - no way to compare the two and worth every penny!

David M
5th June 2016, 05:49 PM
The Olympus version is a fashion accessory, they should make a gold plated version if they really want it to sell.

The Chinese version doubles as an L bracket for photographers who want to get the best out of their tools by using a tripod.

ronyzmbow
5th June 2016, 06:25 PM
The Olympus version is a fashion accessory, they should make a gold plated version if they really want it to sell.

The Chinese version doubles as an L bracket for photographers who want to get the best out of their tools by using a tripod.

I prefer a light camera with grip over a heavy one with L bracket...

George Dorn
5th June 2016, 06:30 PM
You could get the Chinese version shot blasted and chromed for a bit of bling maybe?

I never liked my E-M5 without grip.

David M
5th June 2016, 09:13 PM
You could get the Chinese version shot blasted and chromed for a bit of bling maybe?

I never liked my E-M5 without grip.

I heard a rumour Olympus were working with Swarovski on a range of accessories. Olympus thought gold plating wouldn't be blingy' enough so the OLYMPUS logo needed to be picked out with crystal glass. The first accessories are replacement lens caps, silver lenses get dark gold plating with white crystal glass. The black lenses get pale gold with red crystal glass. The caps come with a loop at the top to allow users to wear them around their necks when not on the lens.

lookmore
14th October 2016, 05:12 PM
The Chinese one is bulky but that's what I wanted because I was finding the E-M10 so small in my hand (coming from a DSLR). Mine comes in 3 parts. Usually I don't use the L bracket part so it's not that bulky. The main problem I find is that my index finger no longer finds the shutter button as easily. The grip changes the way you hold the camera and you somewhat need to adapt in order to use it.

I never used the Olympus one so I can't compare.

Sent from my thl 4000

ronyzmbow
15th October 2016, 05:37 AM
The Chinese one is bulky but that's what I wanted because I was finding the E-M10 so small in my hand (coming from a DSLR). Mine comes in 3 parts. Usually I don't use the L bracket part so it's not that bulky. The main problem I find is that my index finger no longer finds the shutter button as easily. The grip changes the way you hold the camera and you somewhat need to adapt in order to use it.

I never used the Olympus one so I can't compare.

Sent from my thl 4000

For me the Olympus grip, was a much better option. Light' great design and very comfortable.

shotokan101
15th October 2016, 12:09 PM
I'm really surprised that a dirt cheap plastic clone hasn't appeared by now...

Jim