PDA

View Full Version : Flash on E 600

ringneck
17th February 2016, 10:43 PM
Hi ...never used the flash on any of my E range Olympus cameras.
So I was at my sons wedding at the weekend and missed loads of the action as I had no idea what setting it needed to be on.....there are 11 options to choose from.
I do have a manual but its in the loft (?) but probably wouldn't grasp all the stuff in it....can anyone give me a quick run down on some of the simplest options.

Graham_of_Rainham
17th February 2016, 11:13 PM
http://www.camera-usermanual.com/manuals/olympus/Olympus_E-600.pdf

Page 77

You can use any of the Olympus Guns (except FL-40) select TTL-AUTO and away you go.

The RC guns can even be used Off Camera to avoid all the usual horrors of on camera flash.

One good technique is to get a manual metering of the background, set the camera to how you want that to look and then let the flash adjust itself via preflash to provide light to the foreground subjects.

Flash is something that needs to be experimented with and notes taken to remember what works for how you want the end result.

Best tip is to use minimum light from the gun as possible and diffuse it as much as you can.

ringneck
17th February 2016, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the link....looking at all that I'm not even going to attempt to use the flash ..ever. :confused: