PDA

View Full Version : Damian Mc Gillacuddy!! Well done Olympus.

Wee man
9th February 2016, 07:07 PM
I am on record complaining that Olympus do not do much in Northern Ireland.

Time to heap praise on Olympus, today I was at a super seminar in a local Hotel with Damian McGillicuddy as one of the speakers.

Not only did I learn a lot but I also got to handle the new Pen F and a 45mm 1.8 lens.
The session was excellent and full unlike some of the others ( I managed a front row seat) Damian had everyone there eating out of his hands. He used the Pen F and was showing a lighting set up with a model.
His delivery was easy to follow and very informative, with some humor thrown in and excellent practical tips and a promise to put some of today's talk on his blog site.
I briefly spoke with Damian before his talk asking about the new 300mm lens to be told he was busy getting set up but to stay back after his seminar and he would have a talk with me about the lens and Olympus in general.
True to his word once he had finished and answered questions to the people who stayed to ask their own special questions about light-meters, he and I had a good talk. He handed me the Pen F to have a play with; it is a lovely camera. The 45mm lens he was using was my first time to see it I was amazed just how small and compact it is.
His last comment to me was to make sure to make myself known to him at the NEC in March and he will let me try the 300mm lens. He had very good comments to make on its build and sharpness.

He is a real ambassador for Olympus.

Mark / Ian (anyone else up there at Olympus) if you read this any chance of more? The day went well and a large number of the people attending asked a lot of questions about Olympus kit.
I had left my camera in the car so had to make do with a snapshot with my phone.. I do not do selfies!!!!!!!!

The man himself in full flow.

http://www.e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/845/Daimian_Mc_Gillacuddy.jpg

Roll on March!!

Can a Mod edit the title I have an A instead of an I in surname. Oops

Barr1e
9th February 2016, 08:21 PM
Agreed, he is a very nice person, he allowed me to photograph him in his presentation tent at the NEC.

Thanks Ed for the report and I'm pleased you enjoyed your day.

Regards. Barr1e

Wee man
11th February 2016, 08:57 AM
Will you both be at the NEC this year? I am coming over on the Monday may see you this year again.

Ulfric M Douglas
11th February 2016, 06:39 PM
The 45mm lens he was using was my first time to see it I was amazed just how small and compact it is.
This is one of the must-have lenses,
you must have it.
Go buy it!

Wee man
11th February 2016, 07:09 PM
Get thee behind me Satan.

Barr1e
11th February 2016, 08:08 PM
Will you both be at the NEC this year? I am coming over on the Monday may see you this year again.

Hi Ed -

We look forward to that providing all is well at that time.

Regards

B + A

yorky
12th February 2016, 11:17 AM
This is one of the must-have lenses,
you must have it.
Go buy it!
Its even better than all comments it attracts!*chr