PDA

View Full Version : Gas

paullus
5th February 2016, 05:27 PM
Well having had to resort to Google to find out what GAS is I now wish I hadn't because I have, unknowingly suffered from it for years.
Anyway for fellow GAS sufferers, I have found this website that may offer some respite.
http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2012/03/04/10-tips-on-how-to-cure-yourself-of-gas-gear-acquisition-syndrome/

***Steve***

sapper
5th February 2016, 06:11 PM
Why should I read this, love having gas :D:D

Ricoh
5th February 2016, 06:20 PM
It fully resonates with me - but I laughed to myself when Kim mentioned his resolve not to purchase the MP - knowing he succumbed as I remember another blog of his saying how perfect the MP is, mechanical perfection.
I do agree with him that one camera one lens is the ideal solution.

skids
5th February 2016, 06:21 PM
I thought it was something to do with WGAS (won't define what that stands for here)

Always work with N+1 when referring to cycling stuff
N = the number of bicycles I currently own
N+1 = the number of bicycles I actually need

Ricoh
6th February 2016, 09:21 AM
In accordance with the 2nd law of thermodynamics S will always increase, so ultimately the universe will be a cold dark volume of space. Consequently it is our duty to capture the effects of as many photons (including intended bokeh) before the ultimate day of judgement - it is therefore incombant on all photographers to go out there and capture the effects of light before the lights turn off. Therefore we need as many cameras as possible. QED :)

On the other hand, bicycles are merely a means of transport. ;)

Imageryone
6th February 2016, 09:48 AM
I find the quickest cure for GAS is LOF :D

Lack of Funds *chr*chr

birdboy
6th February 2016, 04:48 PM
I have often seen references to GAS on this forum and wondered what it meant so thank you for this link. Now I worry if I suffer from it. Personally I find the gear talk on here very useful. If you want to restrict your photography to one particular field then what Eric Kim says may make some sense. The problem is to get to that point you will need to try a variety of different gear. Its a good job that there are folk who suffer from GAS otherwise we would still be using film and waiting weeks for our images to come back from the photolab.