PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes

Grumpy Hec
2nd February 2016, 08:08 AM
Major life events are flowing freely at the moment.

Daughter has been given a job and she hasn't even finished qualifying yet (RVN) or finished her BSc and the practice are going to pay for her fourth year to get said BSc. Good news for the bank of mum and dad.

Last Friday was my last day at work as I've accelerated my retirement plans as I hit a brick wall and simply had to get out.

Today, lunch time, I head off to Heathrow terminal 4 to get on a big white bird to Nairobi and onward to Dar-es-Salam and onward again via a small Cesna to Sellous Nationa Park.

I need a drink to cope with all of this *chr

Bloody marvellous :D

Hec

PS - I don't appear to be grumpy at the moment - odd that.

Bikie John
2nd February 2016, 08:53 AM
Welcome to retirement, Hec. I highly recommend it - but it's bloody hard work!

John

Wally
2nd February 2016, 09:17 AM
*super Live long and enjoy.

Imageryone
2nd February 2016, 09:32 AM
Retirement? Best days work I ever did *chr

Wee man
2nd February 2016, 09:33 AM
You have given the rest of us reason to be grumpy!
Glad to hear all your news, welcome to retirement do not let to many people in organisations know or you will be loaded with work! Pace yourself and concentrate on being your old self, Friday questions are missed!
Ed. P.s. see you in March in Birmingham?

Zuiko
2nd February 2016, 09:35 AM
Great news, I can see that we'll have to change your name to Happy Hec. Have a long and happy retirement, the key is to remain healthy. *chr

pandora
2nd February 2016, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a great destination you've chosen for your first escape, lots of photo ops I guess.
Maybe we might get lucky and see you here for your next escape
Anyway Hec., take care and enjoy yourself, mate. *chr

Mdb2
2nd February 2016, 10:07 AM
Congrats on the retirement. I believe retirement is the best job ever love the hours but the pay is c--p.
Kind regards mike

Grumpy Hec
2nd February 2016, 10:14 AM
You have given the rest of us reason to be grumpy!
Glad to hear all your news, welcome to retirement do not let to many people in organisations know or you will be loaded with work! Pace yourself and concentrate on being your old self, Friday questions are missed!
Ed. P.s. see you in March in Birmingham?

My camera club has already started to work on me to go on the committee. This after I've finally got out of all my sailing committees and areas I have organised for decades.

I may weaken for the camera club as they are a friendly bunch and the politics don't seem too bad. Certainly not compared to the sailing scene which got very serious at times but that was largely due to the level I was involved. All clubs have politics no matter what the core activity is it's just the intensity and stupidity which differs.

As for Friday questions - I am thinking of some new ones and intend to re-introduce them. The buttered cat drive thread was my personal favourite. Totally surreal and deliciously silly.

Hec

PS - still not grumpy :eek:

DavyG
2nd February 2016, 10:29 AM
Congrats Hec, especially on your retirement.

I retired early almost 18 months ago and haven't been more content, I hope you feel the same about your decision.

Have a great trip, I look forward to seeing the pics.

Dave

Grumpy Hec
2nd February 2016, 11:41 AM
Thanks everybody

Now signing off and getting ready to drive to Heathrow.

TTFN

Hec

OM USer
2nd February 2016, 11:44 AM
Well done Hec. Its nice to be able to choose these things sometimes.

drmarkf
2nd February 2016, 12:58 PM
Fantastic!!!

*chr

We're looking forward to seeing the images.

Beagletorque
2nd February 2016, 05:36 PM
Hope you have a great time. I'm looking forward to all the grumpy stories and wonderful photos when you get back!

Harold Gough
2nd February 2016, 06:37 PM
Enjoy it while you can. Based on my own experience, from 2001 onwards, you have now become a free resource.

Harold

Naughty Nigel
2nd February 2016, 08:41 PM
Daughter has been given a job and she hasn't even finished qualifying yet (RVN) or finished her BSc and the practice are going to pay for her fourth year to get said BSc. Good news for the bank of mum and dad.

Congratulations Hector, although I am sure we will miss your grumpiness! *yes

Out of interest which college is/was your daughter studying at as our daughter also wants to become a RVN?

StephenL
4th February 2016, 10:11 AM
Slightly late congrats on everything! I can heartily recommend not working for a living!

Miketoll
4th February 2016, 03:51 PM
Enjoy your retirement, it's great and it seems you are off to a great start.