PDA

View Full Version : GCHQ's Christmas Card - Update

Wally
30th January 2016, 09:54 AM
No one has cracked GCHQ's Christmas puzzle and there are only two days left. Approximately 30,000 people have attempted the challenge, with 5% making it to the final stage.

The card, which was sent out GCHQ director Robert Hannigan at the start of December, is designed to "exercise the grey matter" of participants.

In a press statement on the GCHQ website today, Roger Hannigan said: "With a few days to go no one has cracked it all yet, so my one and only clue is: it’s not as abstract as you think.

The deadline for entries is January 31.

http://www.teampicard.com/images/smilies/icon_e_ugeek.gif I've cracked it. However, If I tell you, then I'd have to make you disappear - "ABRACADAVER". http://www.teampicard.com/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif So you'll all have to wait.

All will be revealed in February.

Internaut
31st January 2016, 12:59 PM
Kobyashi Maru?

Melaka
31st January 2016, 04:27 PM
A former director of GCHQ asked what the next letter is in the following sequence - L, M, M, J. Please don't cheat by looking up his article!

Willom
31st January 2016, 10:01 PM
How about 42?

Unoriginal I know. Sorry.

Graham_of_Rainham
31st January 2016, 10:15 PM
A former director of GCHQ asked what the next letter is in the following sequence - L, M, M, J. Please don't cheat by looking up his article!

"F" in French ;)

David M
1st February 2016, 12:08 AM
How about 42?

Unoriginal I know. Sorry.

The answer is always 42.

Melaka
1st February 2016, 08:03 AM
It's a letter so definitely not 42 but not F either!

Harold Gough
1st February 2016, 08:14 AM

Why does he need to know and what are the consequences for anyone who does know?

Harold

Bikie John
1st February 2016, 10:13 AM
I know but if I told you I would have to...... :)

John

Wally
1st February 2016, 11:54 AM
Why does he need to know and what are the consequences for anyone who does know?Harold

The answer is required so that he can publish the answer to the final part of the Xams puzzle.

The clue was in his statement: "it’s not as abstract as you think... no one has cracked it all yet.". ;)

Graham_of_Rainham
1st February 2016, 02:39 PM
It's a letter so definitely not 42 but not F either!

Cryptically it's "F" in French... ;)

Wally
1st February 2016, 07:15 PM
I think it's something to do with the V sign.

Melaka
1st February 2016, 07:24 PM
Indeed!

Lundi
Mardi
Mercredi
Jeudi
Vendredi

Jim Ford
1st February 2016, 08:29 PM
Whilst I'm quite good at general knowledge, I'm crap at cryptic stuff!

Jim

Wally
2nd February 2016, 09:13 AM
Whilst I'm quite good at general knowledge, I'm crap at cryptic stuff! Jim

I too am a bit like that, but more consistant... I'm crap at everything. *yes

Beagletorque
2nd February 2016, 05:39 PM
It's still Rudolf!

Wally
5th February 2016, 09:29 AM
It's still Rudolf!
Oh no, it isn't :D (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?p=375678#post375678)

Harold Gough
5th February 2016, 09:42 AM
I too am a bit like that, but more consistant... I'm crap at everything. *yes

The Supervet, who does mazing mico-engineeering, to repair, sometimes re-orientating, the bones, on dogs and cats, says he is "crap at DIY" and that any shelf he puts up will fall down.

Harold