PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper vs iPad

Wally
23rd January 2016, 09:04 AM
I was visiting my daughter last night when I asked if I could borrow a Newspaper.

She said: "We don’t waste money on newspapers. This is the 21st century. Here, you can use my iPad."

I can tell you this. That fly never knew what hit him.

Petanque
23rd January 2016, 09:09 AM
Hah! Nice one. Seriously though, one vote here for the iPad. Living here in france I get my online Glasgow Herald every morning.

DerekW
23rd January 2016, 09:45 AM
Two iPads here to replace the hardcopy version of The Times. Now there will never be a need to cancel the papers for when we go away as we will still be able to read them - assuming that the internet stretches to where we are.

Bikie John
23rd January 2016, 10:06 AM
Wally, I'll bet she was really pleased when you accidentally used permanent felt-tip to fill in the crossword as well.

John

David M
23rd January 2016, 02:01 PM
The more important issue for me is the bits of glass in your fish and chips.

Graham_of_Rainham
23rd January 2016, 03:00 PM
Hardly ever read a "News" paper as anything I want to know about is available on-line.

I do miss not having something to put muddy shoes on and all the other afterlife uses of the paper...

Phill D
23rd January 2016, 04:17 PM
Graham you can still use the ipad as the mud just wipes off :D

Naughty Nigel
23rd January 2016, 08:03 PM
Not only can you read the news but you can also use dictionary apps, calculators and so forth on them.

Harold Gough
23rd January 2016, 08:28 PM
If you are reading the news on an iPad in your beach deckchair, and the news annoys you, you can always skim it across the sea.

Harold

Harold Gough
23rd January 2016, 08:30 PM
I was visiting my daughter last night when I asked if I could borrow a Newspaper.

She said: "We donít waste money on newspapers. This is the 21st century. Here, you can use my iPad."

I can tell you this. That fly never knew what hit him.

I hope you would not use an iPad to light a fire. That is what a Kindle is for!

Harold

Naughty Nigel
23rd January 2016, 08:40 PM
If you are reading the news on an iPad in your beach deckchair, and the news annoys you, you can always skim it across the sea.

Harold

But you cannot put an iPad over your head to keep the sun off. :)

IanB
23rd January 2016, 10:22 PM
but there's something better with a n/paper /magazine when on the dunny lol

I use the computer and TV for "news". The local paper wants or expects us to pay roughly the same amount for digital as the printed paper when the cost of a newspaper is to cover the printing costs. But their digital only covers the headlines of the main stories, some classified ads and letters to the editor but I'm not paying their $1.50 for a rather thin n/paper.

alfbranch
24th January 2016, 09:31 PM
Newspapers are awful devisive things that are best avoided as they do not give facts but opinion and political rubbish.

IanB
24th January 2016, 10:07 PM
Newspapers are awful devisive things that are best avoided as they do not give facts but opinion and political rubbish. and the digital versions are no better :D

alfbranch
24th January 2016, 10:31 PM
and the digital versions are no better :D

I agree .