PDA

View Full Version : Some people...

Scapula Memory
22nd December 2007, 07:53 PM
Just seen this over on dp forum. Now either this guy has been at the mulled wine already or he has too much time on his hands. Possibly both. Anyway I found it quite amusing.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=26131876

regards

John.

PeterD
22nd December 2007, 08:17 PM
Yes, I agree its amusing. I am not sure that he has heard how hard it is to get an E3 for some. I certainly would be interested in finding out the sales figures/expectations. Could be an interesting read.

PeterD

shenstone
22nd December 2007, 09:29 PM
It was the first post I've looked at in dp forums for a while.

I guess that whole thread is why I tend to stay away from that forum. It has that sort of tone that says to me - a lot of people more interested in voicing an opinion in an extreme manner than backing anything up with facts and images. There is definitely a lack of moderation over there which shows. :(

Not that if there are really problems to talk about then I don't want to hear them, but I know that there tend to be a lot of such posts made by rival sales forces etc. and I really can't be bothered wading though such for the snippets that may be true. If I read of problems by people who've posted many incisive opinions and good images in galleries then I'll belive them.

I'll stay over here where problems seem to be being aired in a constructive manner if it's OK with you all. :)

Regards
Andy

PeterD
22nd December 2007, 09:42 PM
It was the first post I've looked at in dp forums for a while.

I guess that whole thread is why I tend to stay away from that forum. It has that sort of tone that says to me - a lot of people more interested in voicing an opinion in an extreme manner than backing anything up with facts and images. There is definitely a lack of moderation over there which shows. :(

Not that if there are really problems to talk about then I don't want to hear them, but I know that there tend to be a lot of such posts made by rival sales forces etc. and I really can't be bothered wading though such for the snippets that may be true. If I read of problems by people who've posted many incisive opinions and good images in galleries then I'll belive them.

I'll stay over here where problems seem to be being aired in a constructive manner if it's OK with you all. :)

Regards
Andy

Andy I think you are right and that is the reason I am staying on here. Its certainly friendly and individuals here express opinions without throwing it down your throat.

PeterD

Scapula Memory
22nd December 2007, 10:37 PM
Agree with you both. I look in there for genuine tips on E1 usage and PP stuff, and can quickly filter out the "trash and the trolls" which sadly for that forum is a significant percentage. I personally do not contribute to it as it seems to be less about photography and more about scoring points off one another.

Sad to see it go downhill like that.

John.

theMusicMan
22nd December 2007, 11:57 PM
Of all the threads I have ever read over on DP review - they all seem to want to bash Olympus. Why I ask, as an Olympus user, would I therefore wish to spend any time on those forums...? hence I don't spend any time on them.

Not registered, neither do I intend to.

Besides... the default format for presentation and thread layout is the same as the attitude of many of the posters... i.e. absolutely dreadful.

shenstone
23rd December 2007, 11:15 AM
Of all the threads I have ever read over on DP review - they all seem to want to bash Olympus. Why I ask, as an Olympus user, would I therefore wish to spend any time on those forums...? hence I don't spend any time on them.

I have to admit that in this particular forum I really agree.:mad: However I do think that it's good to look outside the box at times. As a prior Pentax user I spent a lot of time on all the forums before I decided to go Olympus (hmmm there's a thread - why do people like me change formsts ? Matbe I should write that essay one day - it wasn't an easy decision)

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan
23rd December 2007, 12:24 PM
I have managed to find other forums where I can gather any additional information I may require regarding general aspects of photography, though even on these so called impartial forums there's always that same stupid and minimal group of people who are anti-Olympus - no matter what is being discussed.

I find it all a tad juvenile to be honest, all cameras have pluses and minuses - some excel where others will fail et al. At the end of the day the common interest is that we are all photographers - and so want to be able to use whatever equipment we desire to take the photos we love taking.

I could care less what cameras other photographers use, as long as they enjoy themselves and can get the photos they want - then good for them. We all have choices, but some people seem to want to interfere and cannot accept individuality outside of their own minimalist world.

That's life I guess... c'est la vie!! :)