PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Lightroom

Wee man
16th January 2016, 08:00 PM
Switched on tonight to look for a picture in Lightroom four point six only to find most off my pictures in organiser have a question mark against then. Allowing auto search finds nothing, I have all my external drives on and they have been found but no pictures are found. On having a good look most of the thumbnails in organiser have a question mark against them any suggestions?
Is their anyway to rebuild the catalogue? Not brilliant with PC's.

IanB
16th January 2016, 08:56 PM
nothing to worry about we hope. You just need to show LR where the photo is on the h/drive.
r/click on a image and window will pop telling where LR last saw the file.
click on find>you will need to find the file and click on the file
there will also be a box saying find any other missing file close by (something like that)

Hope that helps.
Time to up grade your LR (??)

Have you been back-up the catalog regularly ?

IanB
16th January 2016, 09:02 PM
this is a great UK forum (http://www.lightroomforums.net/forum.php) to fix any LR drama. Sadly it was one of the forums I had to drop away from so to get off the 'puter a bit. Some great LR knowledge there

Wee man
16th January 2016, 09:23 PM
Many thanks, yes need to upgrade but do not want to go cloud based. Will give it a go tomorrow I need the photo for a competition the only copy I have has been worked on it must be OOC.

Kiwi Paul
16th January 2016, 09:38 PM
LR appears to not know where the folders containing your files are, if you are using an external drive to store the photos it may have reconnected with a different drive letter or for some reason even if you are using an internal drive (not the C drive) it may have had it's drive letter changed.
Let us know how you get on and if still stuck it shouldn't be too hard to figure out whats going on, so just ask.

Paul

Naughty Nigel
16th January 2016, 10:07 PM
My son's LR catalogue corrupted itself yesterday morning for no obvious reason so I don't know whether Adobe has been updating things?

I had a bunch of Adobe updates on my computer this morning.

Wee man
16th January 2016, 10:15 PM
Strange you say that I had Adobe updates as well but never made any connection until now wonder is that the cause.

Wee man
16th January 2016, 10:20 PM
Thanks Paul
will do but I have a good 2lb lump hammer which works on most things , well I never have bother with them again after using it!

OlyPaul
17th January 2016, 10:05 AM
Hi Ed, should not be a problem.

Just right click on the main folder holding you images and select "update Folder location" here it's my C drive but lets pretend there missing.
http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography/image/162353648.jpg

Then navigate to where you know the images to be here I'm choosing my backup copies on my external drive abd press ok. Hope this helps.:)
http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography/image/162353649.jpg

Wee man
17th January 2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks, will be spending this afternoon trying to get them back.