PDA

View Full Version : What is this device?

Olybirder
16th January 2016, 11:58 AM
I was looking at a video of the new 100-400 Fuji zoom when I saw one of the featured photographers wearing a strange device on his right hand and wrist. I imagine that it is some sort of wrist brace or support to help with the weight of the camera but I am not sure. It looks rather cumbersome but perhaps he has some medical need for it. It can be seen at about 1.30 minutes in. Does anybody know what it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFI1T5NNz3Q&feature=youtu.be

Ron

Imageryone
16th January 2016, 12:25 PM
They look similar to wrist braces for Carpel Tunnel syndrome, but never seen any like that before.

DerekW
16th January 2016, 12:44 PM
he also has a green brace on his left hand covering his wrist and thumb

Olybirder
16th January 2016, 12:56 PM
I have found another video where he is wearing the same device(s). In this one it is possible to see fine lines which pass through the plastic guides and attach to bands around his fingers. I suppose the thicker lines are elastic and the whole device supports his hand while allowing some movement. It seems to be a very elaborate method of achieving it, so it must be quite a serious condition.

http://weshootfuji.com/2015/10/31/interview-with-x-photographer-andrew-hall-at-fuji-speedway/

Ron

Imageryone
16th January 2016, 01:03 PM
On another site, they discussed " Photographers Wrist " caused by hand holding heavy cameras and giant lenses for long periods.

Perhaps this is treatment for that?

Gwyver
16th January 2016, 05:01 PM
On another site, they discussed " Photographers Wrist " caused by hand holding heavy cameras and giant lenses for long periods.

Perhaps this is treatment for that?

Surely the treatment for that is to use an Olympus camera & lens :)

Imageryone
16th January 2016, 05:29 PM
Surely the treatment for that is to use an Olympus camera & lens :)

Now you know that, and everyone on the forum knows that, but there are still some who have not heard the news :D:D:D:D

Wee man
16th January 2016, 05:46 PM
But you cannot get prescriptions on NHS for Olympus kit!