PDA

View Full Version : Interweb xspurts

Graham_of_Rainham
14th January 2016, 04:07 PM
One of our forum members asked a perfectly valid question on "another" forum, and before the electrons had settled on the screen, up popped the xspurts and took the simple question, off down the hole after the white rabbit, into the land of Pernickety or persnickety, (as them across the pond like to say). ;)

I had to put in my two penneth or two cents worth, (as them across the pond like to say) :rolleyes: I deliberately made a very simple statement, but that was soon devoured, miss quoted and used in all manner of ways to self promote their thinking and beliefs... :confused:

Don't you just love the anonymity of "The Web" :D

Kiwi Paul
14th January 2016, 04:51 PM
What was the original question?

Paul

DerekW
14th January 2016, 05:05 PM
Don't just hide your light under a bushel, Please tell us where it happened so we can all go along to gawp at the wreckage

angelpaaul
14th January 2016, 08:44 PM
Don't just hide your light under a bushel, Please tell us where it happened so we can all go along to gawp at the wreckage

What he said.

Naughty Nigel
14th January 2016, 08:51 PM
I once received death threats on an audio forum for (if I recall) daring to suggest that spending $25,000 on a pair of loudspeaker cables was a waste of money and that nobody would notice the difference if they were connected with mains wire.

Judging by his profile picture my young assailant was so morbidly obese that I doubt he could manage more than two steps from his mobility scooter. He claimed to have a PhD in electronics but didn't understand batteries. Apparently he hadn't been trained in those. :D

DerekW
14th January 2016, 11:00 PM
Some cheap cables then.

Which forum - sounds as if it was the Mana forum.

Graham_of_Rainham
14th January 2016, 11:00 PM
It would be unfair of me to reveal the identity of the OP that led me to make this comment...

However: If you have the time and want to look through one such sorry saga, try the link below. It's basically about the comparison of the new 300mm f/4 and two somewhat bigger lenses.

Look for the comments by "Louis". ;)

You will need to expand the thread by "view more replies"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/482933475079982/search/?query=to%20scale%20comparison

DerekW
14th January 2016, 11:03 PM
Facebook - I will have to wash my hands now......

Naughty Nigel
14th January 2016, 11:13 PM
Some cheap cables then.

Which forum - sounds as if it was the Mana forum.

It was another Facebook forum I'm afraid. :(

I cannot remember what it was called as I 'unliked' it, having become rather fed up with the absolute garbage being spouted by Americans in particular who clearly didn't have a clue what they were spouting on about. :mad:

Zuiko
14th January 2016, 11:50 PM
I just do not like the facebook layout and consider it to be a very poor format for a discussion group. What are they all doing on there when they could be here?

David M
15th January 2016, 12:10 AM
I suspended my Facebook account years ago. Having been on various photo forums for nearly two decades it wasn't any better in the 90's. So many 'experts' who didn't understand some basic principles.

Zuiko
15th January 2016, 12:31 AM
I suspended my Facebook account years ago.

But where do you post all your pictures of cats? :confused:

peak4
15th January 2016, 12:35 AM
I just do not like the facebook layout and consider it to be a very poor format for a discussion group. What are they all doing on there when they could be here?

To be honest John, having started to read that thread when it began, and catching up tonight, I really think they should be left where they are; or at least some of them anyway. ;)

David M
15th January 2016, 12:43 AM
But where do you post all your pictures of cats? :confused:

I don't shoot full 35mm frame with mediocre luxury zooms so don't need to take 500 shots of the pussy. :D

Zuiko
15th January 2016, 12:47 AM
I don't shoot full 35mm frame with mediocre luxury zooms so don't need to take 500 shots of the pussy. :D

Quite. I'm sure you have much better things to do with your puss. :D

Zuiko
15th January 2016, 12:50 AM
To be honest John, having started to read that thread when it began, and catching up tonight, I really think they should be left where they are; or at least some of them anyway. ;)

You're probably right, Bill, I must admit I didn't delve into that thread too deeply!

peak4
15th January 2016, 12:56 AM
You're probably right, Bill, I must admit I didn't delve into that thread too deeply!

Probably just as well, I think someone has been sniffing the gin again.

Phill D
15th January 2016, 07:32 AM
I'm afraid I got bored with that thread, life's too short to worry about it.

MargaretR
15th January 2016, 09:19 AM

Heavens, don't encourage them to come HERE! :eek:

Harold Gough
15th January 2016, 10:04 AM
I was invited to open a Facebook account but I was not willing to have the lobotomy!

Harold

wornish
15th January 2016, 10:06 AM
I suspended my Facebook account years ago. Having been on various photo forums for nearly two decades it wasn't any better in the 90's. So many 'experts' who didn't understand some basic principles.

Me too.

Never go there. They track everything you do on and off Facebook once they have you hooked.