PDA

View Full Version : Help design the future Olympus Cameras

Graham_of_Rainham
7th January 2016, 12:12 AM
If you could dream up a camera to be released in 2016, what specification would it have?

https://twitter.com/OlympusUK

pandora
7th January 2016, 04:44 AM
It would be a camera/smartphone equal at least to iPhone6 but sporting a changeable battery and SD card slot as distinct from a smartphone/camera, and no bigger.

It is also a fixed lens compact with an articulated monitor and an EVF. It has 4G internet connectivity but Facebook and Twitter are totally blocked! :D

It has a 16 megapixel sensor, a superb processor, an F1.8 Zuiko lens and an optical zoom range of 12-300mm with dual axis IS, all in a weather-sealed titanium case.

Of course it would have all other standard settings of an OMD at a price point under $750.00AU

Optional extras would include a dedicated drone with a ceiling of 20,000 feet and a radio controlled hoverboard, both with remote view monitors.

Well you did ask ... *susp

Imageryone
7th January 2016, 08:01 AM
Just that it would be affordable and robust, with menus that can be read without a magnifying glass :D

Wee man
7th January 2016, 08:21 AM
And of course a method to save and store settings at upgrade time.

Graham_of_Rainham
7th January 2016, 10:33 AM
I hope you are putting all these ideas to Olympus on Twitter #OlympusUK @OlympusUK :D

Naughty Nigel
7th January 2016, 11:00 AM
An E7 body, incorporating the best of the current OM-D series, and making the most of legacy Four Thirds glass.

Ideally it would have the ergonomics and light weight of the E1 but with a much bigger viewing screen and a conventional mirror/prism viewfinder.

But then I always was a daydreamer. :rolleyes:

OM USer
8th January 2016, 08:29 PM
I hope you are putting all these ideas to Olympus on Twitter #OlympusUK @OlympusUK :D

I'm not a twit (someone who tweets).

My future Olympus camera would have a customisable SCP that uses the whole screen and a menu system that does not rely on having to remember wher each menu item is.

Wee man
11th January 2016, 08:19 PM
A built in flash rather than a plug in accessory one!

David M
11th January 2016, 08:39 PM
A digital OM m4/3 body, it could be called the D-OM(inatrix)1.

Naughty Nigel
11th January 2016, 08:43 PM
A built in flash rather than a plug in accessory one!

Or perhaps two to help reduce shadows.

RogerMac
11th January 2016, 09:55 PM
This afternoon I wanted to take a picture in a very inaccessible place and I had three cameras to chose from - a PEN, an E5 and a Canon6D

I chose the E5 for choice (as I often do). As has been said it could be a bit lighter but it's still a very capable camera and I am glad I never sold those HG lenses