PDA

View Full Version : Vagabond from Finland

Steppingstone
16th December 2008, 11:15 AM
Hello all :D

I moved to UK/Scotland 3,5 short years ago and photography has been one of my passions for the whole of my life. My other passions are writing and I have published already one book in English.

In real life I am an Account Manager but I have a photo business as a free time "hobby": weddings, portraits and product photography.

Its nice to find active forum for Olympus users.

StephenL
16th December 2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the forum! Where in Scotland are you living now? I visited Finland many years ago with the Rally of the 1000 Lakes, and found it a beautiful, peaceful country with expensive beer!

Steppingstone
16th December 2008, 12:21 PM
I live in a really pictoresque place called Skelmorlie.
*chr if you like expensive beer you should try Norway lol

I have been filming 1000 lakes Rally for one Finnish film company. And one of my hobbies in Finland was rallying. I am planning of building car here so my "soon to be born" son can have the experience from the first steps as well lol

Ian
16th December 2008, 05:02 PM
I live in a really pictoresque place called Skelmorlie.
*chr if you like expensive beer you should try Norway lol

I have been filming 1000 lakes Rally for one Finnish film company. And one of my hobbies in Finland was rallying. I am planning of building car here so my "soon to be born" son can have the experience from the first steps as well lol

I have been to Finland a couple of times - the first and only time I witnessed the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) - magical. Even more so because I was several miles off the coast from Oulu, standing on a foot of ice at the time :)

I have also been to Helsinki and Saariselkä. Finland is the only place where I have experienced the extreme cold, much colder than skiiing in the Alps. It was so cold that the moisture in side my noise frose my nose hairs together! :eek:

Really enjoyed reindeer steak, but wasn't impressed by the local beer :rolleyes:

I would love to revisit during the summer!

Ian

Barr1e
16th December 2008, 07:57 PM
Hello to you Steppingstone.

Welcome to e-group.

--------------------------------------

Ian, you can't eat these yet as they are taking on the look of being pregnant after the recent rutting season.

2 X 5
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/2_by_5_web.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11157)

Regards. Barr1e

Ellie
17th December 2008, 12:05 AM
Hi there Vagabond, good to meet you :)

Nice picture Barr1e, I didn't know deer played golf!