View Full Version : Men Only

drmarkf
5th January 2016, 09:01 AM
Thought that might get your attention.

http://www.dullmensclub.com

*chr

Bikie John
5th January 2016, 09:34 AM
Hmm, thought it looked right up my street so followed the link and Avast immediately blocked it.

John

drmarkf
5th January 2016, 09:45 AM
Eh?

On the off chance you're actually being serious (!) I should point out that I spotted the original article and link on the Telegraph website so it's safe, kosher and 100% wife/employer friendly!

peak4
5th January 2016, 10:32 AM
It looks like it is due to some code on the sites which is, or resembles, a browser jijack.
Avast flags it as JS:Injection-A [Trj]
and a quick Google http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34176949/avast-gives-error-of-jsinjection-atrj-on-my-website
Follow the link on answer 1

Zuiko
5th January 2016, 10:35 AM
Eh?

On the off chance you're actually being serious (!) I should point out that I spotted the original article and link on the Telegraph website so it's safe, kosher and 100% wife/employer friendly!

AV software does tend to do that every so often. McAfee has in the past blocked sites I am sure are OK, including our local parish church and Olympus magazine. Still, better safe than sorry, eh? It's all part of being a dull man. :D

Bikie John
5th January 2016, 02:28 PM
Eh?

I was being serious (for once!). Oh well, the odd false positive helps to show the AV is doing something I suppose. I'll take the easy way out and have a look on another system.

Although I think you should be more embarrassed about being on the Telegraph's page in the first place .... :D

John

drmarkf
5th January 2016, 06:13 PM
Although I think you should be more embarrassed about being on the Telegraph's page in the first place .... :D

John

Yes - I did wonder about admitting that! Someone else sent me a link, honest, guv :eek:

Bikie John
5th January 2016, 07:23 PM
There is definitely something odd about that page. I tried it on a different system and got redirected all over the place!

John

pandora
5th January 2016, 08:27 PM
There's something there to interest everyone, Mark. Re AV software, aside from Windows security essentials, the cheapest way of avoiding malware is to stop visiting dodgy sights! :D

peak4
5th January 2016, 09:35 PM
There is definitely something odd about that page. I tried it on a different system and got redirected all over the place!

John

Indeed, as mentioned earlier, Avast flagged it as a potential browser hijack.
It may be that the hijack only effects some browsers, but I'm not going to bother trying to find out

Bikie John
5th January 2016, 11:09 PM
Thanks Bill, I followed your link earlier but was none the wiser I'm afraid - the technology is far too new for my ageing brain! I just decided to try it on an old system and see what happened, and it was a bit peculiar.

John

peak4
6th January 2016, 01:42 AM
I had one the other day myself. I installed ImgBurn, an excellent piece of software for burning CDs, and must have missed a check box somewhere, as all sorts of crap came with it.
I can recommend Malwarebytes (https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/) as a free scanner to use on a regular basis.
It's a different beast, and not a substitute for Anti Virus software.

Bikie John
6th January 2016, 10:43 AM
There is definitely something dodgy going on there. I got the old tablet out of mothballs (because I don't care if it gets trashed) and tried it on the Android native browser and got redirected all over the place. I've tried googling for info about hacks on the site and not found anything - it has clearly been around for some time so could have been hacked very recently.

Just goes to show that it's not only dodgy sites that can cause problems!

John

Bikie John
6th January 2016, 10:44 AM
And thanks Bill for the recommendation for Malwarebytes, I'll take a look.

John