PDA

View Full Version : An invite for August 2016

Imageryone
2nd January 2016, 12:14 AM
On Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th August, our Dog Agility Club, Redgates are hosting their Annual Agility Show at:-.

Ashfields Carriage & Polo Club, Green Street, Great Canfield, Nr. Dunmow, Essex. CM6 1JU

I have spoken to Tim and Clare, the organisers, and they are more than happy for Olympus members to attend both days.

We expect there to be in excess of 1000 runs per day, and all dogs on show from Grade One beginners to Grade 7.

The show is, for the first time, under the auspices of the Kennel Club, so competition will be fierce.

The thought of dogs jumping over fences and obstacles may seem tame, but I think Zuiko ( John ) and Petebirder (Peter ), who have attended before will agree it is not such a simple subject.

Food and drink are available on site, and, if enough people want to come on each day, I will arrange that all members cars are together in the car park.

All the club asks is that images are made available for the club after the show.

Petrochemist
2nd January 2016, 09:47 AM
When I saw it was August I guessed it would be that weekend - the only weekend in the whole year I've got booked so far!
I didn't expect the location to be so close to me - photo forum get togethers always seem to be over 250 miles away...

Having tried Dog Agility shooting on several occasions I can vouch for the fact it's more difficult than you'd think! Have a great time.

Imageryone
2nd January 2016, 12:15 PM
If you ever want to take some Agility Pics for fun, we train at Stebbing, nr Dunmow, so easy to arrange.

DavyG
2nd January 2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks, this looks like it could be a challenge and an opportunity to practice on moving subjects.

Please post a reminder nearer to the date.

Dave

Zuiko
2nd January 2016, 08:40 PM
This is a great event, thanks David for arranging access for forum members. Ashfields is a fantastic venue and from previous experience I can confirm that the show will provide some wonderful opportunities for action photography, but at the same time presenting a real challenge that will test your skills and reactions to the limit!

I will definitely attend at least one day, assuming my health makes it possible.

I have copied this thread to the "Events" board, where it will be easier to keep track of it in the build up to the event.