PDA

View Full Version : Another E-System Camera ?

shenstone
14th December 2008, 10:33 AM
I went down to the Olympus day in the Camera Centre in Cardiff yesterday

No-luck - no Pre-launch E-30 to play with

I did pick up one comment from the session - comment was made of 5 E system cameras being on the market next year hmm.. 420, 520, 30, 3 ???? Do we have another to come or is this the m4/3 being branded as an E-system camera (which would cause confusion IMO)

Another comment that came out during a discussion on whether the E-30 would in fact become an internal competitor to the E-3 was that apparently Olympus UK have been getting them at a notional discount from Olypus Hamburg and that there could be a UK E-3 price hike in the nesr future. I think this would hurt sales a lot, especially with the E-30 coming along (I think the shop thought so as well).

I did come away with a nice camera bean bag and a REALLY nice John Swanell Nudes book (http://www.johnswannell.com/Books/Nudes_1978-2006.html) which has some stunning images. Thanks to Doug and the Camera Centre for arranging

It's likely there will be another in the spring so hopefully the E-30 will be with us by then and some "show day offers" to consider

Regards
Andy

Makonde
14th December 2008, 11:57 AM
My betting is that there will be an E-3 upgrade, when they see how the E-30 (and its new sensor) plays for a short while. Recession permitting. That would go with the price hike too - establishing a more significant gap between the E-30 and the new upgraded E-3. You read it here first LOL! They wouldn't announce a new E3 until they had it ready, for fear of damaging sales of the existing one.

Prices here are also likely to rise as fast as global recession will allow because of the pound's dramatic slump. I've noticed rises of ten percent during the past few days in Amazon's quoted prices for several accessories.

But sales and prices, including second-hand prices, for the current E3 body should drop with the E-30 and the likely emergence of an E-3+ ....

andym
14th December 2008, 08:33 PM
My betting is that there will be an E-3 upgrade, when they see how the E-30 (and its new sensor) plays for a short while. Recession permitting. That would go with the price hike too - establishing a more significant gap between the E-30 and the new upgraded E-3. You read it here first LOL! They wouldn't announce a new E3 until they had it ready, for fear of damaging sales of the existing one.

Prices here are also likely to rise as fast as global recession will allow because of the pound's dramatic slump. I've noticed rises of ten percent during the past few days in Amazon's quoted prices for several accessories.

But sales and prices, including second-hand prices, for the current E3 body should drop with the E-30 and the likely emergence of an E-3+ ....

Funny

I was browsing prices for the E3 today.Most places seem to be at about 919.00 but Digital depot has it at 799.00.

Quite a difference.:eek:

geirsan
14th December 2008, 09:41 PM

Which makes me wonder: Where in the world do you now find the bargains if you want to get cameras and lenses cheap? Buying from the US was a good thing half a year ago. Today prices for the same equipment are cheaper in Norway than the US - and that is with the weak Norwegian Krone.

Where are the good deals? Hong Kong? Singapore? Kiribati? Greenland?

blu-by-u
15th December 2008, 04:55 AM
Try the Australia or NZ. But while stock last.