PDA

View Full Version : Whats your next photography purchase going to be?

Kiwi Paul
18th December 2015, 08:16 AM
As the title says, what do you think you will get next?

I don't know what I'll get, possibly the Oly 300mm when ever it comes out but not really sure on that one, other than that I'm not really wanting anything at the moment.

Paul

Graham_of_Rainham
18th December 2015, 09:03 AM
Having just got the 40-150 + EX, I'm set for a few days :D

If a really good deal comes up on the 7-14, I may be tempted, but the 9-18 is still my preferred lens for walking around with.

Maybe it's time to save the pennies for the EM-2 :cool:

pdk42
18th December 2015, 09:34 AM
I think the EM1 mkii probably. I'm pretty well kitted out for lenses although if there was an AF 17mm f1 then I might be interested. I love the 17mm FOV but some better subject isolation would be nice.

OM USer
18th December 2015, 10:07 AM
A new camera bag I suppose (as my new 40-150mm is a bit of a tight fit in my current one) but that will probably be around June time and I'll struggle on until then. I'd like the 7-14mm Pro as I know if I get the 9-18mm I will always feel out I'm missing at the short end. Its such a large lens however that I wish there was a non Pro version. That sort of purchase may well be at the next Cyber Week in 12 months. I had a quick play with the E-M5 Mk II this week and liked the 2x2 lever but as there is nothing wrong with my Mk 1 it will probably be some time before I upgrade...perhaps Oly will announce a Mk III in 2 years time following on from an E-M1 Mk II next year.

Ross the fiddler
18th December 2015, 10:08 AM
I dunno! *shrug
It depends on how far I can stretch the marriage friendship. ;)

mstphoto
18th December 2015, 10:17 AM
Seriously thinking of getting the 60mm Macro
Other than that I'm well sorted at the moment

Mike

mstphoto
18th December 2015, 10:18 AM
As the title says, what do you think you will get next?

I don't know what I'll get, possibly the Oly 300mm when ever it comes out but not really sure on that one, other than that I'm not really wanting anything at the moment.

Paul

Hopefully we'll see it at the Photography Show, Paul ;)
Might even pick up a bargain or two *chr

Mike

Kiwi Paul
18th December 2015, 10:48 AM
I'd like the 7-14mm Pro as I know if I get the 9-18mm I will always feel out I'm missing at the short end. Its such a large lens however that I wish there was a non Pro version. That sort of purchase may well be at the next Cyber Week in 12 months. I had a quick play with the E-M5 Mk II this week and liked the 2x2 lever but as there is nothing wrong with my Mk 1 it will probably be some time before I upgrade...perhaps Oly will announce a Mk III in 2 years time following on from an E-M1 Mk II next year.

Get the Pany 7-14, very compact and the IQ is excellent.

I have the EM-5 MK1 and recently bought the MK2 and I much prefer the MK2, it's a worthwhile upgrade, I keep the MK1 as my second body.

Paul

Imageryone
18th December 2015, 02:37 PM
Next will be a high quality Bridge camera to carry on the bike, unfortunately either a Sony or Fuji probably due to the sensor size.

Zuiko
18th December 2015, 04:50 PM
I've just bought a rather nice Weston Master II.

pdk42
18th December 2015, 04:53 PM
I've just bought a rather nice Weston Master II.

That's a lovely bit of kit. I lusted over one back when I started to go with my Praktica L.

Walti
18th December 2015, 05:09 PM
A new printer!

alfbranch
18th December 2015, 05:19 PM
I dunno! *shrug
It depends on how far I can stretch the marriage friendship. ;)

I am a bit the same

I think it will be a 9-18 mm lens as the 7-14 is a bit much at the moment though if someone wanted to with an Olympus twin flash unit at the right price I could be pesrauded to buy that instead.

David M
18th December 2015, 11:26 PM
A replacement tripod foot for the OM 350mm. It will lower the lens by about an inch when it's mounted on my ground pod. It will mean I have to modify my long lens support yet again.

Zuiko
19th December 2015, 12:02 AM
That's a lovely bit of kit. I lusted over one back when I started to go with my Praktica L.

I already had an original Weston Master, which is in lovely condition except for a broken catch on the hinged baffle for low light readings. I'll never let it go because it was my Dad's but the mark II I've just bought is absolutely perfect and more practical to use. I just have to remember that Weston film speeds are a third of a stop faster than modern ISO, which is pretty insignificant really. :)

Harold Gough
19th December 2015, 06:38 AM
An affordable full-frame body to be able to use my film OM ultra-wide lenses. Probably a Sony Alpha 7.

Harold

drmarkf
19th December 2015, 10:20 AM
Realistically, an E-M1 mk2 as long as the authoritative reviews show genuine CAF and/or higher ISO improvements. If they do, then I'm going to have a hard job resisting a 300 f4 as well (so I've started saving).

I've also considered a full frame Sony to use my old OM lenses and for low light street use. I could sell my Fuji X100T and this would defray quite a bit of the cost of an A7 mk2 body, although for real night-time work an A7S mk2 must be the business and that's currently fifteen hundred quid more expensive :eek:

(BTW it's worth reading the authoritative reviews on the Sonys, too (e.g. Cameralabs) and trying them out in the hand: their 5-axis stabilisation isn't a patch on Olympus', and although there are plenty of thumb and finger dials they aren't nearly as accurate to use as those on the E-M1 or M10 mkII.)

Grumpy Hec
19th December 2015, 10:26 AM
Hopefully the EM1 mk2 assuming it is a worthwhile upgrade as a stills camera as opposed to just video in which I have zero interest. Hope it will have improved DR, lower ISO base, better noise response and fully articulated screen. If it is just loads of video related stuff then I shall be disappointed as although it may help to sell units and thus pay for the upgrade, which is good of course, it will be pointless for me. What I am saying to Olympus in essence is please don't forget those of us who want to shoot stills.

Apart from that my most important purchase by far will be time/tickets/fuel to get to interesting places to make images.

Hec

ian p
19th December 2015, 10:52 AM
An exciting new 20mp Pen-F with EVF!

DerekW
19th December 2015, 02:22 PM
a minus E1, a minus E3 and a minus E5 less a few 4/3rds lenses before I can honestly bring another bit of kit into my collection.

In other words I have to get rid of some stuff.

Naughty Nigel
19th December 2015, 07:13 PM
A few rolls of Fuji Acros 100. :)

Ricoh
19th December 2015, 08:58 PM
A nice 2nd hand MP, I need an 'always on' camera.
How many times has 'the moment' evaporated whilst the camera 'wakes-up'? The answer: too many!

Naughty Nigel
19th December 2015, 10:04 PM
A 65 mm lens for my recently acquired RZ67 Pro II.

It is a big, heavy camera to lug around, but I just love using it. The quality of the images is just stunning.