PDA

View Full Version : Phishing Spam fake Olympus emails!!!

Ross the fiddler
16th December 2015, 12:47 PM
EDITED: I've just got five (different) emails from newsletter@news.olympus-imaging.eu mistakenly sent in Ukranian language.

This is one of them (with my email address blanked out).
(Google translation from Ukranian)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Thanks for signing MyOLYMPUS.

Please confirm your registration by clicking the confirmation button below:

Affirming you allow us to store your personal information and create your personal account in MyOLYMPUS.

In accordance with a request of this short reminder for you to register all their products OLYMPUS - including yours lenses.

Thus, you get special benefits such as extended warranty of 6 months or Service Plus package *. In addition, we are able to provide you with the latest information according to your needs and interests. Do not miss this chance and register all their products and lenses today!

Your login credentials in MyOLYMPUS:
Username: XXXXXXXXX (my email address I received this email at & also get the newsletters sent to)
Password:

You can find all the information about MyOLYMPUS and additional benefits from Olympus, such as 6 month extended warranty or service Plus * in nashomuPravyla and conditions.

With best regards,
Your team OLYMPUS

* Please note that currently SERVICE PLUS is available only for cameras OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1.

We care about your data!

OLYMPUS not disclose your personal information to third parties and does not transmit your personal data to companies outside the European Economic Area. For more information, please read our privacy policy.

Questions or requests?

Our customer service will be happy to help you! Just send a request by email camera.support.uk@olympus.eu or call the free number 00800 6710 8300 **.

** All calls to the 00800 line free. Some service providers do not allow fixed line access number 00800 or require additional prefix. As a result, what fees may apply.

Has Olympus been hacked? :confused:

EDIT: Apparently these emails were mistakenly sent to some of us & we have now received a following email of apology.

Dear Mr. W

Some unfortunate mishaps ended in sending out Ukrainian e-mails to you. We sincerely hope you may accept our apologies for upsetting you.

We promise to put all effort in avoiding such mistakes in the future!

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
your MyOLYMPUS team

OM USer
16th December 2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks Ross. I've got all 5 emails as well. What's going on?

Ian
16th December 2015, 02:31 PM
I would just leave them without touching any links and delete immediately.

Ian

Wally
16th December 2015, 02:59 PM
Drat! I haven't had any... yet?

What am I doing wrong???. ;)

Wee man
16th December 2015, 03:20 PM
Wally I did warn you about those off colour imports you got cheap. Buy grey like everyone else! If really stuck get real ones, rumour has it you get extended warranty from Olympus if you do; see phishing e - mail for details................

johnzsv
16th December 2015, 03:28 PM
Hi Folks

I had three emails this morning. This afternoon I had one from Olympus saying sorry we sent you emails meant for Ukraine! A rather grovelling email!

So it looks as if this time it was a mistake!

Keep smiling
John.

Walti
16th December 2015, 04:18 PM
Just got this, so they seem to be reacting!

Dear Mr. Walton
Some unfortunate mishaps ended in sending out Ukrainian e-mails to you. We sincerely hope you may accept our apologies for upsetting you.

Kind regards
your MyOLYMPUS team

Graham_of_Rainham
16th December 2015, 05:51 PM
I've had two sent to my old tiscali account, which I still monitor. Fortunately they have not yet found my new e-mail.

They automatically go in the junk folder and get deleted after a month, unless I look at them.

Ross the fiddler
16th December 2015, 09:28 PM
I would just leave them without touching any links and delete immediately.

Ian

Yes, that I did (but I also did copy & paste into Google translate). *yes

I should probably add that I got these as well since I've signed up to get the Olympus UK magazine (but not registering equipment though).

*chr

pandora
16th December 2015, 10:03 PM
I've had none as yet - I feel almost insulted!

Ross the fiddler
16th December 2015, 11:27 PM
I've also received my personal email of apology too.

Dear Mr. W

Kind regards
your MyOLYMPUS team

*chr