PDA

View Full Version : Amazon tells customers

Wally
16th December 2015, 12:37 PM
Get rid of your hoverboards now...

Customers who bought hover-boards as Christmas gifts have been urged to "dispose" them and accept refunds after three of Britain's biggest retailers suspended sales.

In an email seen by The Telegraph, internet giant Amazon has asked customers to take the self-balancing, two-wheeled scooters to a local recycling point for electronic equipment.

John Lewis and Argos also said they had stopped selling hoverboards after reports emerged of the popular Christmas gift catching fire and exploding.

Estimates suggest around 500,000 people in Britain have bought hoverboards as Christmas gifts.

A further million are considering it, according to the watchdog Electrical Safety First.

It had been thought that those at risk had bought cheaper, unbranded imports from China...

Full story -> OOPS! (http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/get-rid-of-your-hoverboards-now-amazon-tells-customers/ar-BBnB3LF?li=AAaeUIW&ocid=mailsignoutmd)

Ross the fiddler
16th December 2015, 01:13 PM
It appears that it's "cheap" unprotected lithium ion batteries that are the main problem. Another reason why I prefer to stick to original batteries with proper inbuilt protection.

Wally
16th December 2015, 03:04 PM
I wonder if this means that 'Jeremy Clarkson' gets dumped as well as he's advertising in the UK on one? Bettter still if it exploded... That would be 'perfect' and cheer me up no end for Christmas.

Graham_of_Rainham
16th December 2015, 06:11 PM
I wonder if this means that 'Jeremy Clarkson' gets dumped as well as he's advertising in the UK on one? Bettter still if it exploded... That would be 'perfect' and cheer me up no end for Christmas.

Unfortunately he was on a segway type of thing and the best we can hope for is an out take of him running over some poor soul, while he shouts abuse at them for being on the pavement... :rolleyes:

Harold Gough
17th December 2015, 04:33 PM
It has also been announced that you cannot lawfully use them in a public place, irrespective of any battery issue.

Harold