PDA

View Full Version : 12th E-Group Challenge: "Christmas is....."

Makonde
13th December 2008, 12:10 AM
Hi there (again!) folks.

Grateful if a Figure of Authority could make this a sticky in the forum.

The 12th e-Group Photo Challenge chooses itself. The theme, again accessible everywhere, is:

"Christmas is ........" and you must fill in the dots in your title. This gives you great latitude so, hopefully, there will be a huge entry.

You're encouraged to think creatively! The shot should have some fair connection with some aspect of Christmas, on a wide interpretation.

Enjoy!

The Rules

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between now - 0100 GMT Saturday 13 December - and midnight Saturday 27 December and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Sunday 28 December and voting will be completed by midnight Saturday 3 January enabling a more usual four weeks for the first monthly challenge of 2009.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

a. Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
b. Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
c. Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
e. Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

a. Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote including those who submit entries.
b. Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
c. Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
d. Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Pictures to be included in this 12th Challenge must arrive in my inbox before midnight on 27 December.

Please send your entries to Makonde2000@hotmail.com and include the word OLYMPUS in the title.

Good luck - anyone can win (as you see...!)

Susan
13th December 2008, 08:55 AM
This is a cracking title and very in keeping with the festivities :)
It's going to be really good to see everyone's ideas of what 'Christmas is'.

I've got my thinking cap on :)

theMusicMan
13th December 2008, 05:22 PM
This is a cracking title and very in keeping with the festivities :)
It's going to be really good to see everyone's ideas of what 'Christmas is'.

I've got my thinking cap on :)You should do too Susan as you are currently the one to beat sitting at the top of the e-group challenge leaderboard :)*chr

Now if only I could read your mind by telepathy hehe I might stand a chance of getting a good image submitted. :)

Susan
13th December 2008, 10:27 PM
You should do too Susan as you are currently the one to beat sitting at the top of the e-group challenge leaderboard :)*chr

Now if only I could read your mind by telepathy hehe I might stand a chance of getting a good image submitted. :)

heehee nowt like pressure there heehee :)

snaarman
15th December 2008, 05:00 PM
heehee nowt like pressure there heehee :)

OK, I have thought through my idea and done a cracking entry. So good, in fact, that its unbeatable *chr

Soooo, can I have the goodies now, so I can use them over the holiday???

Pete

Barr1e
19th December 2008, 06:59 PM
Hi Keith -

Winning entry sent, *smileysanta be most pleased for a signal to say you have received it.

Regards. Barr1e

Makonde
19th December 2008, 10:07 PM
Hi guys - as soon as I receive an entry I check the EXIF and ping off a reply by email.

We have three entries so far..... 12 days to go and you're all waiting to send in pics of your Christmas pressies and lunch aren't you!

Steppingstone
22nd December 2008, 09:54 AM
lets see how "newbie" will catch on..*yes
Good luck to us all t-up

Ellie
27th December 2008, 11:40 PM
Pictures to be included in this 12th Challenge must arrive in my inbox before midnight on 27 December.

:eek: Eek! That's today!