PDA

View Full Version : What are your photography New Year resolutions/promises to yourself...?

theMusicMan
22nd December 2007, 09:22 AM
I am sure we all make promises to ourselves and maybe make some New Year resolutions come the silly season, with the full intent to commit to them... but then life itself and a firm dose of reality always seem to get in the way.

However, do you have any specific resolutions or promises to yourself regarding photography that you really want to try to stick to this coming year, 2008...?

Mine would be;

Try to become a lot braver - for the opportunities to take more candid and street photo's
Develop a consistent workflow - and maybe learn how to automate this in Lightroom
Try out some 'event' photography
Most importantly - for me - to attempt to reduce the amount of professional work I get from Project Management, and to try to increase the amount of commercial photography I get (hence my PR/Marketing thread recently)
To keep up and maintain my photo-blog

Chillimonster
22nd December 2007, 10:06 AM
Mine, in no particular order...

1> To try and make 'some' money from my pictures
2> Setup a photoblog / website (all i have at the moment is a gallery at www.christhreadgold.co.uk)
3> Promote Olympus wherever i go; they deserve it.
4> Become proficient at portrait photography, and hopefully develop my own style
5> Buy a 7-14mm (Not a hope on this one though, but you gotta dream!)

Chris

DTD
22nd December 2007, 10:51 AM
Try to get another exhibition.
Finish a couple of projects I've been working on.

ianc
22nd December 2007, 11:34 AM
I have 2.
1. To buy a 7-14mm, unlike Chris this is something I am determined to do in 2008.
2. And this is the important one, continue to enjoy my photography as much as I am just now. Since getting the E3 I'm trying all sorts of things that I know I couldn't do with the E1. The IS, liveview and lower noise make all sorts of things possible.

Ian C.

Chillimonster
22nd December 2007, 11:37 AM
I have 2.
1. To buy a 7-14mm, unlike Chris this is something I am determined to do in 2008.

Oh, i'm determined, but have to face reality (and the wife!) sometimes! :)

ianc
22nd December 2007, 11:44 AM
Oh, i'm determined, but have to face reality (and the wife!) sometimes! :)

Personally I've never had much time for reality.

Ian C.:D

shenstone
22nd December 2007, 11:55 AM
1. I've pretty much got to where I need to go in purchasing a system now just add the 7-300 and spend time using it ..

2. I do definitely want to get my E-system underground which I guess says that I haven't done enought purchasing as I need to upgrade my underground flash system again as it's still Pentax & film biased

Sigh.... Guess I need to keep working to pay for all of this !

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan
22nd December 2007, 01:06 PM
Oh, i'm determined, but have to face reality (and the wife!) sometimes! :)You'll get one... :):):D

Ian
22nd December 2007, 02:25 PM
I take thousands of shots per year but 95% are for testing cameras - so I want to find more time to do photography for my sake, not work :)

Ian

photonutter
22nd December 2007, 02:35 PM
I take thousands of shots per year but 95% are for testing cameras - so I want to find more time to do photography for my sake, not work :)

Ian

Ah the joys of being an ametuer.:D

To go out and look for shots nobody else has anything like. To see new angles on old friends and to smile at the back of the viewfinder.

ndl0071
22nd December 2007, 04:57 PM
Here we go

1/ Buy a 12-60 SWD (for my E510)
2/ Learn more about digital workfow (CS3)
3/ Keep learning and trying new techniques
4/ Continue to build a 'decent' library
4/ Sell at least one shot

:):)