PDA

View Full Version : photographer missing (NSW Aust

IanB
9th November 2015, 06:04 AM
bit of a worry; can only hope for the best

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/search-on-for-helicopter-missing-between-tamworth-and-mona-vale/story-fni0cx12-1227601855989

http://www.richardgreen.net.au/pages/home

Zuiko
9th November 2015, 09:19 AM
We can only hope for the best outcome to this. At least it seems they carried good supplies of food and camping equipment which will help if they were forced to make an emergency landing but it's a real worry that no contact has been made.

It reminds me of the sad loss many years ago of my favourite photographer Galen Rowell and his wife, Barbara, when flying their own light aircraft over the Canadian wilderness. I really hope this has a happier ending.

IanB
9th November 2015, 08:21 PM
all bad news sadly with the 3 people dead

I had seen richard on tv, he and his wife were living the dream. What a life, build a multi million $$ business, sell it to fly a helicopter to places no other photographer can get to and then make another business selling photographs.

What a retirement

raymondo
9th November 2015, 08:43 PM
Hi Ian, so sorry to hear the bad news, so tragic an ending,condolences to their families

Zuiko
9th November 2015, 08:54 PM
This is so sad, my thoughts are with their family.

pandora
10th November 2015, 11:53 AM
On reading the Daily Telegraph article it would seem that Mr Green had a history of dangerous flying incidents and had his pilot's licence cancelled for 6 months.

A sad event nonetheless.

OM USer
10th November 2015, 12:15 PM
Sad news indeed.

IanB
10th November 2015, 11:26 PM
On reading the Daily Telegraph article it would seem that Mr Green had a history of dangerous flying incidents and had his pilot's licence cancelled for 6 months.

A sad event nonetheless.

Typical helicopter pilot lol . Some of them fly the wings off an aeroplane so it becomes helicopter *yesr .

pandora
11th November 2015, 03:58 AM
His remote outback landscape locations are more remarkable than his photography.