PDA

View Full Version : great F11 Emag this month

IanB
31st October 2015, 08:36 AM
great photography this month including the APPA awards for 2015. Spend time on the photos ;); all about light, editing and presentation. Wish I could do it like they can :(

http://www.f11magazine.com/index.html

peter rossi; one of the best and at the top of his game for 20 + years http://www.highlights.com.au/landscape_photography/

pdk42
31st October 2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for that - just subscribed to f11. Looks like a nice publication. Why can't AP up their game to something approaching this?

IanB
31st October 2015, 09:07 PM
F11 is directed more towards the pros Paul

Wee man
31st October 2015, 10:13 PM
Aren't they just amateurs who make the living from what amateurs do for enjoyment?

IanB
1st November 2015, 12:48 AM
Aren't they just amateurs who make the living from what amateurs do for enjoyment?

not sure that is quite true looking at the photos in those two links :rolleyes:

The difference imo is they (the successful ones) consistently go the extra yard or 5 to get 'that photo' which most of us would think was too hard. We all marvel at the nature/wildlife docos but we never realize the camera man [ok camera girls/lady/women also] spent 3 months in the dense jungle, or 4 weeks in a little tent half covered by snow or they sat high up in tree for six weeks to capture young birds until they fly out into the sky. Sometime their months is only only a few moments on the tele or one photo in the magazine. Or nothing at all.

And most seem to have good gear so that must be important also :rolleyes:

Wee man
1st November 2015, 09:59 AM
That reinforces my case they get special shots by staking out their targets, they can do this as it is their job and the resulting shots is how they make their living. Amateurs in most cases cannot devote that amount of time as they have another job from which they make their living and also spending that amount of time and money may take the fun out of a hobby/ interest. Just my take. Not sure about kit as some excellent shots are taken on phone cameras, but it does help.

byegad
1st November 2015, 10:16 AM
Yes, IanB has it right IMHO.

The luckiest two photographers in our photo group spend vast amounts of time, money and effort in getting 'that picture'.