PDA

View Full Version : Question on forums photo album

DannyH
7th December 2008, 11:59 PM
I think I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. When I first started a photo album, I had a blank page at the end that let me add separate folders for different categories. I added Abstract, Incense smoke and Landscape. I moved my photo's out of my main directory "Dans photos" to the new folders. Now when I get into my gallery, I only see "upload photo's" in the blank area behind any of the folders, and can't see a way to add additional folders. What am I doing wrong? I'm losing my mind going back and forth from one area to another trying to find this. Help!

Ellie
8th December 2008, 12:16 PM
I haven't a clue how to help you Danny, but I can at least commiserate because I've managed to get into a tangle with my gallery as well.

I tried to sort the pictures into folders and have ended up with one folder that has some pictures in it but none of them are showing and the folder isn't clickable

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/682/gallery_folders_screenshot.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/10895)

Ellie
10th December 2008, 08:06 PM
Apologies for "bumping" this, but it's got buried

Ian
10th December 2008, 09:11 PM
Apologies for "bumping" this, but it's got buried

Sorry I missed your post, Ellie. I think I have fixed things. The database was out of sync. A maintenance scan of the database seems to have repaired your gallery. Can you confirm that it's as you expect?

Ian

Ian
10th December 2008, 09:12 PM
I think I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. When I first started a photo album, I had a blank page at the end that let me add separate folders for different categories. I added Abstract, Incense smoke and Landscape. I moved my photo's out of my main directory "Dans photos" to the new folders. Now when I get into my gallery, I only see "upload photo's" in the blank area behind any of the folders, and can't see a way to add additional folders. What am I doing wrong? I'm losing my mind going back and forth from one area to another trying to find this. Help!

Has there been any improvement, Danny, since the fix I've just applied?

Ian

DannyH
11th December 2008, 12:49 AM
Ian, on my main photo album page it still shows "Upload Photos", not "Create a new album" like is shown below.
Thanks for looking into it.

Ellie
11th December 2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks Ian, it seems to be OK now.

I realise I've probably broken all the links to pictures in various folders by moving them :o

Ian
11th December 2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Ian, it seems to be OK now.

I realise I've probably broken all the links to pictures in various folders by moving them :o

Maybe not, I think the urls don't change, only the internal databased of the gallery. Did you move the pix in this post?:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showpost.php?p=31057&postcount=10

Ian

DannyH
11th December 2008, 05:22 PM
Ian, I checked today and you must have had some affect. I don't have "Upload Photo's" or "Create a new album" showing. The empty space behind the last image is blank. I also noticed that when I made a new directory and moved the photo's it removed my images from the forum posts. This may have been what is causing all the problems (moving photo’s). Is it possible for me to delete all my images in my album, and then have you reinstate a new album image? If not, can you delete my name and password from the server and I'll come in as a new member with the same name, and never move photo's around? Thanks for the help, I used to be a network administrator and know how difficult and time consuming this can be.

Ian
11th December 2008, 05:35 PM
Ian, I checked today and you must have had some affect. I don't have "Upload Photo's" or "Create a new album" showing. The empty space behind the last image is blank. I also noticed that when I made a new directory and moved the photo's it removed my images from the forum posts. This may have been what is causing all the problems (moving photo’s). Is it possible for me to delete all my images in my album, and then have you reinstate a new album image? If not, can you delete my name and password from the server and I'll come in as a new member with the same name, and never move photo's around? Thanks for the help, I used to be a network administrator and know how difficult and time consuming this can be.

How about you tell me which of your posts need repairing and you can send me the image code and we'll repair the posts for you?

Or is that too complicated.

I could also give you the power to re-edit all your posts...

Ian

DannyH
11th December 2008, 06:03 PM
Ian, I'm fine with my past posts having missing images. I just wanted to have access to the "create a new album" function. I just looked at my album and the "Upload photo's" is back. Thanks

DannyH
12th December 2008, 10:43 PM
Ian, I figured out what was wrong, I'm an idiot. I spent 2 hours playing with my gallery and even added a new user "DannyD" to figure it out. What confused me is when you start a new gallery, when you are a new person, next to the 1st gallery it says "start new gallery". After you have 4 galleries that function is gone. I didn't see that you have a header that says "My Photo's - My Albums - My Favorites " and in this area you can access "My albums" to make new ones. I'm usually pretty good at using sites and I feel stupid for not seeing it.