PDA

View Full Version : Button(s) lock-up

TClement
22nd October 2015, 09:35 AM
I have the OM-D E-10 with the 1.2 firmware - recently installed.

Lately, but not all the time, after I take a shot the f2, playback, and OK buttons do not respond. If I turn off and on it then works fine until the next episode. :confused:
Any suggestions.

Tim

Petanque
23rd October 2015, 09:28 AM
It is interesting that you have not had any replies as there are some very knowledgeable peope here. It is probably because no one else has experienced this. At the risk of stating the obvious it seems to be something to do with the firmware update, I recently updated mine with no adverse effects, I can only suggest you speak to the people at olympus who may give you some advice.
Hope you get the issue resolved, let us know the outcome
Regards
Gary.

Ross the fiddler
24th October 2015, 12:18 PM
The one thing I would suggest is check your SD card as it sounds like it might be a possible cause too. First of all, use genuine brand cards (I prefer Sandisk) & also format the card in camera periodically because an unhappy SD card can cause all sorts of problems. *yes It should also be a fast enough write speed SD card too (I prefer nothing less than Extreme or Extreme Pro).

*chr

Graham_of_Rainham
24th October 2015, 12:39 PM
I agree with Ross.

Also try a full reset and leaving the battery out for a while. I brought a camera back to life after leaving it for several days.

Had to set the time, date, etc., but it worked fine after that...

Good luck

TClement
26th October 2015, 02:11 PM
Thank you Graham and Ross,

I have a Lexar Professional (150 MB, 1000X) 16 GB card which the camera shop sold to me. I do format on a regular basis.
You mention 'check the SD card' - what does that entail?
I will also do what Graham suggests, trying what Ross suggests first.

Tim

Ross the fiddler
27th October 2015, 12:02 AM
Thank you Graham and Ross,

I have a Lexar Professional (150 MB, 1000X) 16 GB card which the camera shop sold to me. I do format on a regular basis.
You mention 'check the SD card' - what does that entail?
I will also do what Graham suggests, trying what Ross suggests first.

Tim

I only meant checking on the specs & genuine nature of it (as there are fakes on the market) & you also format the card in camera, so all that should be good. It would be good if you had a second card as well though because it doesn't take too long to fill up 16GB when saving JPEG & RAW which is what I prefer to do. When you take several photos sequentially it will still take a little while to write to the card as the camera may not be as fast as the card you're using & it will show a blinking red symbol in the top left. During that writing time it may disable the use of (some of) those buttons until completed.

TClement
28th October 2015, 01:27 PM
Thanks again.

Needless to say, even the M10 takes some getting used to it, but it is worth the time. *yes
The little fellow is sitting on the desk with its battery beside it, as Graham suggested.*zzz

Here is another question. When it wakes up does anyone have a 'cheat sheet', such as Robin Wong has produced, to reset the camera?

Tim

TClement
29th October 2015, 10:23 AM
This morning I fired it up, did my re-sets and all seems in order again ! *chr*chr

Thanks !