PDA

View Full Version : 4 lenses only - if you had to cull, what would go?

pdk42
16th October 2015, 11:01 PM
Inspired by Steve "Ricoh", who's currently slimming down his lens collection, I've been musing about the gear I have and whether it's all really necessary. I can make a case for keeping all of it, but then again some would consider my lens list excessive (my wife certainly does!!). So, if I had to slim down to four lenses only, what would they be? Well, here's what I have at the moment:

- Samyang 7.5 FE. Fantastic perspective. Doesn't get used a lot, but when it does get used it gives fantastic results.

- Oly primes - 12, 17, 25, 45 and 75. These are all fantastic lenses optically. The 25 and 45 are a bit plastic-like in construction but they do the job. Since I have the Pany 12-35 and 35-100 zooms too, it could be argued that many of these are superfluous. However I like primes and this little set is compact and lightweight and delivers great results. I'm not sure I could part with any of them!

- Pany standard zooms - 12-35 and 35-100. These are both superb zooms. Small, light, fast (f2.8 constant) and fantastic IQ. The Oly primes have little or nothing to better them optically (but they're all smaller and faster of course). For times when changing lenses is inconvenient or just tiresome, these are great to have.

- Pany 7-14 UWA zoom. I couldn't survive without an ultra-wide zoom. This is a lens that going nowhere (except perhaps to be replaced by the Oly 7-14!).

- Oly 60mm macro. I don't do a lot of macro, but when I do this is a great lens to have. I guess I could see me selling it since the Raynox 250 +/- some extension tubes on the longer primes or the 35-100 works pretty well.

- Oly 50-200. I don't do much shooting with long lenses so this is a bit of a luxury. OTOH, it's so cheap these days for what you get it's hard to resist.

So there you go - I like them all. If I could only keep four though the list would be:

- Pany 7-14 (UWA essential for the sort of shots I like taking)
- Pany 12-35 (excellent lens for most general shooting)
- Pany 35-100 (ditto)
- Oly 17/1.8 (a fast lens for low-light is essential and the 17 delivers a great FOV and good image quality in a small and lightweight package).

So, seems I'm a zoom guy after all!!

Would be interesting hear others' views about their kit - a little inane chat for the weekend! ! !

Naughty Nigel
16th October 2015, 11:15 PM
Hmmm. Difficult question. *yes

The question is, if I had to live with just one camera what would it be? That of course would also determine my choice of lens(es).

Without doubt my first choice would be my OM-D E-M5 (or whatever it's proper moniker is) with the superb Zuiko 12 ~ 40 mm zoom lens. The little 9 ~ 18 is also a wonder. Add the 40 ~ 15 mm f2.8 zoom and what more could you ask for (with a lens to spare)? :D

Things get difficult when we get into film though.

Using my OM4Ti my first choice of lens would be the 35 mm f2.0, followed by the Tamron SP90 f2.5, 24 mm f2.8 and finally the 50 mm f1.4.

However, my real love is medium format film cameras, and that gets complicated. :D

Zuiko
17th October 2015, 01:43 AM
For me, it's not a case of which lenses I would part with but rather which lenses I would get. Mindful of my need to balance compact size and light weight with quality and range my choice would be:-

Panasonic 12-35mm and 35-100mm (maybe a 12-40mm instead of the former but the Panny is smaller and lighter).

Olympus 9-18mm to give some real wide-angle options in a very small package.

That leaves space for a 75mm f1.8, a bitingly sharp super fast medium telephoto lens capable of true narrow depth of field effects. Add an achromatic doublet filter and that's the occasional close-up covered too.

I can dream! *chr

IanB
17th October 2015, 02:34 AM
sorry; too many lenses and not enough Oly knowledge to answer your question, however if I was going to have 4 4/3 lenses tomorrow I would consider adding the 40-150 f2.8 and a maybe a macro (??) to my 12-40 and 20mm Pana lenses. If the lesser 40-150 (??) was f3.5 or f4 through out I would be more than happy with that. The Canon 70-200 IS f4 was OK for me and also very light. F5.6 is a bit slow imo

12-40 f2.8/40-150f2.8/pana 20mm would most likely do me. Very much over the gear thing.

Don't really see much point in a bag of fixed focals these days for my happy-snapping

Ralph Harwood
17th October 2015, 04:04 AM
Hi there Paul / Everyone!

That's a really tough question - especially as I am still using 4/3 as well as m4/3 cameras. My Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 would definately be in, as would my Sigma 150 Macro, and I would need an everyday zoom, so the Oly 14-54 would have to be kept (the 12-50mm m4/3 wouldn't work with most of my cameras, and is too slow at the long end as well).

But would I keep the Samyang 85mm f1.4 for it's fabulous sharpness and ability to isolate subjects, or keep the Pany 20mm f1.7 because it makes the E-M1 fit in my coat pocket? What about my Lensbaby? I know you can do it all in photoshop if you have the talent, but it's great fun to play with. Then there is my newly acquired 50-200mm which I am enjoying more and more as I use it (but it's totally duplicated by the 70-200mm.)

Obviously I can't take everything out with me at a time, but I enjoy choosing which lens to play with each time I go out - so I think that perhaps the collection will grow rather than shrink over the next few years.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Naughty Nigel
17th October 2015, 07:58 AM
I recently acquired (OK, bought) a Mamiya RZ67 II. I have three lenses for it, but like the camera they are neither small or light. It is interesting how they focus the mind on what is actually needed for a photographic mission, rather than what would be nice to take along! :D

Phill D
17th October 2015, 08:06 AM
I just don't like making decisions so I'd just keep my Pan/Leica 14-150mm lens... or then again would I?....:)

byegad
17th October 2015, 09:34 AM
An impossible job for me I'm afraid! With 40 lenses and interests in street, wildlife and landscape photography with a bit of macro and family photography thrown in for good measure I'm using at least half my lenses on a fairly regular basis. The other half also seem to get an outing every now and again.

Graham_of_Rainham
17th October 2015, 09:54 AM
The Samyang 7.5 *erm, Olympus 14-42 EZ *erm, 60 Macro *pnc and 70-300 *shrug
would be sadly missed.

Leaving the Olympus 9-18 , 12-40 , 40-150 and PanLeica 25mm f/1.4 :cool:

Kiwi Paul
17th October 2015, 10:15 AM
Here's my selection, the macro lens would possibly get replaced with the Oly 300 f4 when it comes out.

Pany 7-14, 12-35,
Oly 60mm Macro, 40-150 2.8

Paul

DavyG
17th October 2015, 10:51 AM
I'd have:

Oly 7-14, 12-40, 60mm macro and 40-150 Pro with 1.4 TC (this counts as one).

Dave

pvasc
17th October 2015, 11:16 AM
Four, I can only have 4 you say. I have just done a rather large cull of my equipment resulting in only being out of pocket 500 for an M-1 with the 12-40.

So I have the following from Olympus:
12-40mm - On the the camera all the time.

40-150mm F4-5.6 - A forgotten lens but used in dull days. But nice and light weight and good images.

75-300mm - Has replaced the 40-150 most of the time, and out in use on sunny days. Did get used on the Vulcan last weekend because I believed the weatherman and left the other lenses at home.

50-200mm - Used on dull and, or rainy days with EC14. Surprisingly a lot heavier than the 40-150 PRO, but I own it.

60mm Macro - Well everybody needs a Macro, especially with firmware v4 coming. I don't do bugs, but I like snow and frost crystals.

OM50 - Fun to play with, mine wide open is sharp right in the middle and blurs everything else. It cost hardly anything.

45mm - Everyone recommended it, and it is very good. Not used much but someday I might have the need for a portrait lens. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

So 6 for me, not counting the 50mm. IF I HAD TO shed 2 it may be the 60 and 45mm. Only if I had to. The close focusing of the 12-40mm is pretty impressive, and 40mm is close enough to 45mm, but not sure I would give up that 1 and 1/3 stop of light though.

Wee man
17th October 2015, 11:17 AM
I am selling all my 4/3 lenses and going all m4/3. My list is 7-14, 12-40, 60 & 40-150 2.8with TC.

timboo
17th October 2015, 11:24 AM
Easy choice for me as i got into my photography as the pro lenses were being released, no cull needed in fact couple more purchases.

own - 12-40 pro, 40-150 pro+ conv, 60mm macro.

want - 75mm

possibly want in future 7-14 however 12-40 will surfice for now

perfect combo for me.

ian p
17th October 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm good with two.

9-18mm
14-150mm

OM USer
17th October 2015, 01:57 PM
Timboo has summed up the issue nicely in "... as the pro lenses were being released". I would not have got my primes if the pro lenses had been out (just a matter of balancing the budget really). The 12mm Ltd Edt and the 17mm F1.8 would go now that I have the 14-40mm to keep me to 4 lens maximum. Difficult to decide what would have to go if I ever get the 40-150mm F2.8 +1.4TC as this combination will still not reach 300mm (a 2xTC would be nice and would still fit in a small bag) so it might have to be the exceptionally light 12-50mm. The 14-42mm would remain as its pancake size is a positive bonus in some situations.

pdk42
17th October 2015, 04:16 PM
It's interesting to see that many of us would go with zooms (me included). That's odd really since it's the primes that initially attracted me to m43. I guess it's the availability of very high quality, fast zooms that's made the difference. Having said that, I'm on hols soon in Italy and plan to take mostly primes!

David M
17th October 2015, 04:54 PM
For wildlife, OM 350 + TC's

For landscapes 7-14, 12-60, 50-200, the first zooms I found good enough to keep and use

For walkabout 14mm Samyang, 35mm Vivitar (from the 70's), 85mm Rokinon. Three manual focus primes like I used in the 70's. The Vivitar was part of the original trio.

timboo
17th October 2015, 04:57 PM
Timboo has summed up the issue nicely in "... as the pro lenses were being released". I would not have got my primes if the pro lenses had been out (just a matter of balancing the budget really).

Cheers :-)

The pro lenses are so so good. I think the only other prime i may consider would be the panasonic 25 f1.4 to keep size down but the 12-40 is fairly small anyway.

I just hope Olympus dont release some pro primes otherwise I will be the one re creating this thread in the future :-)

Kiwi Paul
17th October 2015, 05:45 PM
Cheers :-)

The pro lenses are so so good. I think the only other prime i may consider would be the panasonic 25 f1.4 to keep size down but the 12-40 is fairly small anyway.

I just hope Olympus dont release some pro primes otherwise I will be the one re creating this thread in the future :-)

Yes the current pro Pany and Oly zooms are excellent lenses but I don't think it's just IQ that drives folk to use prime lenses, using primes offers a different challenge and thinking. I love taking the Pany m4/3 25mm 1.4 lens out with the EM-5, I have to look for compositions that suit the lens and since there's no zooming have to walk about to get the right shot.

The Oly 300mm f4 Pro lens is coming :D So you may just have to recreate this thread, thats a lens I'm going to find hard to resist!!

Paul

timboo
17th October 2015, 07:51 PM
The Oly 300mm f4 Pro lens is coming :D So you may just have to recreate this thread, thats a lens I'm going to find hard to resist!!

Paul

One thing is for sure, it will be the most expensive prime olympus have produced for sure. Who knows how much though. I predict 1500

pvasc
17th October 2015, 09:04 PM
One thing is for sure, it will be the most expensive prime olympus have produced for sure. Who knows how much though. I predict 1500

You must mean m4/3 prime. The 300mm F2.8 was near 6k if I remember right.

drmarkf
17th October 2015, 09:05 PM
7.5 Samyang, 12-35 Panasonic, 40-150/1.4 Olympus and 50 f1.4 PanLeica.

The most difficult choice would be between the 40-150 Pro and the Panasonic 35-100: the extra reach and the almost-macro abilities sway me to the former, but I'd sure as hell miss the fantastic compactness and lightness of the latter.

I've just swapped my 7-14 f4 Panasonic for a 2.8 Olympus (yet to arrive) and I might learn to love that more than the Samyang.

IanB
17th October 2015, 10:10 PM
isn't a pity photo threads don't get as much activity as gear threads; not just here but on most photo forums.

timboo
18th October 2015, 04:19 AM
You must mean m4/3 prime. The 300mm F2.8 was near 6k if I remember right.

mean m4/3 :-)

snaarman
18th October 2015, 06:00 AM
I just had a two week holiday with the 9-18 and the 40-150. That's all. Nothing caught fire and the sky didn't fall in.

However... I usually miss my primes when I go zoom only, and get fed up of lens swaps when I just take primes. If I had to take primes it would be the 12 and the 75 I guess.

Kiwi Paul
19th October 2015, 03:36 PM
isn't a pity photo threads don't get as much activity as gear threads; not just here but on most photo forums.

I think they do, well folk certainly post lots of photos although sometimes there can be a lack of comments, especially compared to how many views some photos get, sometimes there can be hundreds of views but only a couple of comments, possibly a lot of lurkers. I hold the view if you take time to look then take time to comment, I'm not saying I always do but I try to post constructive comments when I can.

Paul

Ralph Harwood
19th October 2015, 03:52 PM
I think they do, well folk certainly post lots of photos although sometimes there can be a lack of comments, especially compared to how many views some photos get, sometimes there can be hundreds of views but only a couple of comments, possibly a lot of lurkers. I hold the view if you take time to look then take time to comment, I'm not saying I always do but I try to post constructive comments when I can.

Paul

You are absolutely right there Paul, we should comment more. The problem I often have is using mobile devices it is so easy to just click like promising myself I'll login on the pc later and write something, only to forget about it for a day or two. The other problem I sometimes have is trying to find something original to say after half a dozen other people have commented!

Cheers,

Ralph

(painstakingly typed on my mobile phone - I WILL log in later!):D

Imageryone
19th October 2015, 04:13 PM
Still being 100% 4/3rds, the three I carry in my bag are

35mm macro
14-54mm f2.8 Mk1
50-200mm f2.8-3,5.SWD..

I would like to add a 25mm Pancake sometime.

All of my other lenses and cameras are used at home.

PeterBirder
19th October 2015, 07:01 PM

I agree with Paul (Woofmix) on this.

This group is a brand specific "user group" financed, at least in part by Olympus UK and as such is a valuable resource for information and help on all things Olympus. Not just a "photo forum" or a general photography forum.

That said we are all "photographers" whatever our level of competence or experience and the sharing of some of our efforts in "Foto Fair" and "Looking for Improvement" is an important part of the mutual assistance ethos of the group. Overall IMHO the balance is about right.

Of course our climate here in the UK is also a factor.*laugh We are now into Autumn and although so far it has been milder than average we have been getting periods of weeks rather than days of low cloud and drizzle or rain interspersed with a few partly sunny and fewer completely sunny days which kind of limits our ability (and inclination) to get out and take photos.

As a matter of interest the "User Group Statistics" (at the bottom of the "Forum Index"page) shows that we currently have 351 "active" members of whom 135 have signed in today. With that level of activity I don't think that the proportion of photo threads is unreasonable.

Regards.*chr

Wee man
19th October 2015, 08:01 PM
Reference using phones or tablets I to am guilty not from posting text but photos. I can only post pictures from my desktop due to lack of skills getting photos edited to suit the site on my tablet. It can be difficult not to copy earlier comments but I know I prefer duplicates rather than nothing as it gives a greater sample of what my Olympus friends think of my efforts. And you are all so kind!

drmarkf
19th October 2015, 09:27 PM
There are certainly many times the number of 'photo' threads started as 'gear' ones.

I'm currently in the Lakes combining walking with photography, and I can certainly identify with the dank, cloudy weather complaints! It's a time for shooting waterfalls and woods rather than glorious Autumn mountain vistas lit by startling sunbeams...

David M
19th October 2015, 10:14 PM
Ed, my desktop hasn't been online for years. I edit on the desktop and transfer the edits to the tablet for uploading/posting.

IanB
19th October 2015, 10:35 PM
I agree with Paul (Woofmix) on this.

This group is a brand specific "user group" financed, at least in part by Olympus UK r did know that; *chr Olympus

martyjward
20th October 2015, 06:50 AM
I'm fortunate, I only have four lenses - the three amigos (7-14, 12-40 & the 40-150 f2.8s) and the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye. I also have the 1.4 TC for the 40-150 an opteka 10X and a couple of macro rings. I can't see myself needing anything else.

They have all been a bit neglected recently - family & work has got in the way. But now autumn is here some nice country walks are on the cards.

OlyPaul
20th October 2015, 10:30 AM
Well I culled my cameras down to one camera (E-M5 mk2) and five lenses a few months ago.
Weight is paramount to me followed by light gathering ability.

So the 14- 42 epz and 40-150 f4-f5.6mm( I also use the 40-450 with a Sigma achromatic double element filter for close ups) was kept, for landscapes, would use a tripod any way and I would rarely shoot landscapes at f2.8 so do not see the point of the heavy pro lenses for my use.

The rest are fast prime lenses for my people and walk around photography 45mm f1.8 and 75mm f1.8,I may add the 25mm f1.8 at some time.:)

The 75-300mm I although heavy by my standards I cannot part with because of it's reach that I find useful at reenactments where you cannot get in the middle of things.
I was sitting next to a guy at American civil war reenactment a few months ago using a M1 and 40-150mm f2.8 pro and it was as large and heavier than my 75-300mm and he would have had to crop heavily to get this image which is at 300m (600mm).

https://paulsilk.smugmug.com/American-Civil-War/i-n8gxMhZ/0/X2/20150614%20141216-X2.jpg

PeterBirder
20th October 2015, 10:56 AM
did know that; *chr Olympus

The group was formed as a result of a discussion between Ian Burley, who runs the group and Mark Thakara who is the Olympus UK sales manager. Olympus do monitor the site and it is therefore one of the means by which they can obtain feedback from users of their products.

Ian also runs two other sites, Four Thirds User which is not brand specific and Digital Photography Now which is even broader. Of the three sites ours is by far the most active.

Regards.*chr

timboo
20th October 2015, 11:02 AM
did know that; *chr Olympus

Ditto I didnt have a clue

Petrochemist
20th October 2015, 12:36 PM
The most likely to go if I had your lens selection is the idea of reducing it to 4!

I'd probably only carry 3-4 of them most of the time but specifically which ones would vary with when/where I'm going.
I suppose if the no of lenses must be reduced I'd proably loose a couple of the primes, cropping images from a wider prime to give an equivant FOV when required.

Olybirder
20th October 2015, 12:55 PM
I own only three m4/3 lenses 75-300 II, 60mm macro and 17mm f1.8. Of these the 17mm would be the first to go, followed by the 60mm. I will take a look at the 300 f4 and Panasonic 100-400 if and when they appear but I fear the cost or weight will rule them out for me.

Ron

maccabeej
22nd October 2015, 07:54 AM
I probably own too many. 7-14, 12-40 and 40-150 pro lens. For the fourth my 17 1.8 lives on my M5 in my bag and goes with me virtually everywhere.

Naughty Nigel
22nd October 2015, 08:11 AM
Thinking of my 43 equipment, I rarely use anything other than the 12 ~ 40 mm zoom.

I have been working away this week, and have taken about 400 images on my EM5. I did use the 9 ~ 18 zoom briefly as I was tight for space, but otherwise the 12 ~ 40 did everything. I usually keep the 40 ~ 150 in my bag (sadly not the pro version) but very rarely use it.

So, I could very easily live with just two lenses. However, for personal photography I like to use ND grad filters, which is difficult with tiny lenses, and is one of the reasons that I still use MF film.

ian p
22nd October 2015, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't mind the 3 pro lenses. But apart from them being horribly expensive, they are 3 times the size of my 9-18 + 14-150 setup. Which is in keeping with m43 compactness. I'm not going to lug that big gear around.

Naughty Nigel
22nd October 2015, 09:16 PM
I wouldn't mind the 3 pro lenses. But apart from them being horribly expensive, they are 3 times the size of my 9-18 + 14-150 setup. Which is in keeping with m43 compactness. I'm not going to lug that big gear around.

..... And actually the quality of the non-pro lenses is remarkably good if you don't need the speed.

I would very much like the 40 ~ 150 pro lens, but I don't use my lightweight 40 ~ 150 very often, so I really don't think I would ever get my money's worth.

CarolE
22nd October 2015, 09:32 PM
I note that you all seem to love the four thirds lenses, do the ftl's only work with manual focus?
Would I need to buy an adapter to use these on my EM-1?
Apologies for adding a question, thanks :)

Ralph Harwood
22nd October 2015, 09:42 PM
I note that you all seem to love the four thirds lenses, do the ftl's only work with manual focus?

Hi there CarolE!

You can use all the features of 4/3 lenses with your E-M1 if you get an adapter - either an MMF-1, MMF-2 or MMF-3. The advantage of the MMF-3 is that it has built in weather seals, so if you have a weather-sealed 4/3 lens you can keep the whole system water tight with your E-M1.

I still love my 4/3 lenses, which was the reason I didn't jump when the E-M5 came out. I do still use my 4/3 bodies occasionally, and I am also slowly accumulating m4/3 lenses, but my combination at the moment is 4/3 glass on the E-M1.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Olybirder
22nd October 2015, 09:42 PM
Hi Carol. Four thirds lenses are fully functional with the E-M1, including autofocus. You will require the MMF-3 adapter, which is dust and splashproof. The E-M1 was introduced as a bridging camera between four thirds and micro four thirds, allowing four thirds lenses to be used. They can be used with the other E-M cameras but focusing tends to be slower and less accurate.

Edit. Ralph beat me to it.

Ron

Naughty Nigel
22nd October 2015, 09:46 PM

Four thirds lenses will work on your EM1 with an adaptor, but auto focusing is a bit 'iffy' with some four thirds lenses.

Older OM lenses can also be used, but these will only work in fully manual mode.

CarolE
22nd October 2015, 09:57 PM
Thank you all for such a speedy reply :) :) :)

Nigel, I've just seen that it was Ian B and not you. IanB you said the 14-150mm as a favourite lens, is this the Mk 2 version or the older one, and is it worth buying? Sorry, more questions. Thanks :)

pdk42
22nd October 2015, 10:24 PM
There are certainly many times the number of 'photo' threads started as 'gear' ones.

I'm currently in the Lakes combining walking with photography, and I can certainly identify with the dank, cloudy weather complaints! It's a time for shooting waterfalls and woods rather than glorious Autumn mountain vistas lit by startling sunbeams...

You need to be in Italy Mark:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5773/22394269625_e9c5f9c1b5_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/A7Uu9Z)
Stepping into the Light (https://flic.kr/p/A7Uu9Z) by Paul Kaye (https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_kaye/), on Flickr

JohnGG
22nd October 2015, 10:24 PM
Slimming down to four lenses would be a difficult and painful exercise as I have far too many to choose from. I will cheat a bit by splitting the problem into categories and choosing four from each :o

I still have most of my OM Zuiko lenses, only the 28-48mm and 75-150mm f/4 zooms having left the fold when they were traded in along with an OM-10 for a 180mm f/2.8 Zuiko prime. If I could only keep four of those they would probably be the 38mm f/2.8 macro along with the 65-116 variable extension tube, the 90mm f/2 macro, the afore-mentioned 180mm and the 350mm f/2.8 along with the 1.4X-A converter. It would be heartbreaking to get rid of the OM Zuiko fast wides but they are of less use on the small sensor and I rarely put a film through the OM cameras any more :(

Although I now have an E-M1 with 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro, the rest of my AF lenses are 4/3rds models. Along with the 12-40 I'd definitely keep the 7-14mm f/4 SHG lens (the mFT 7-14mm f/2.8 Pro is hard to justify when that lens is so good) and the 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD and the EC-14 and EC-20 tele-converters for versatility. Out of the rest, and there's some lovely 4/3rds lenses to choose from, I'd probably go for the Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro because of its exceptional quality.

I have recently bought a couple of Voigtlander fast primes (35mm f/1.2 & 50mm f/1.1) in Leica M mount, to use on the E-M1 with an adaptor, for their shallow depth of field. I'd hide those in a cupboard and pretend I'd forgotten about them when doing the cull as they are lovely bits of glass and I'd hate to part with them :)

Cheers,

JohnGG

blu-by-u
23rd October 2015, 01:36 AM
From my recent trip, I pack only 3 lenses with me. The 14-150 mk2, 17/1.8, 25/1.4 and 2 macro rings.

The 14-150 mk2 is superb as it small and light. All daylight shots are precise and fast. The 17 and 25 were not even out of the bag.

If I am to say slim my collection to only 4, The 14-150 would be my 1st choice, that would follow by the 40-150 pro, then 12-40 and I would have a headache with picking one of the many superb primes.

shenstone
23rd October 2015, 08:17 AM
I'm still on 4/3 not u4/3. When we go away the ones I always put in are

50, 7-14, 14-54, 50-200

I almost always throw in the 1.4 TC as it takes up so little space and boosts the long lens whether you consider that 5 and outside your plan, but flexibility does help

Regards
Andy

yorky
24th October 2015, 09:19 AM
If I was to chose which to keep I would certainly be loth to part with the 1.8-45mm and 75mm, they are so sharp. I don't use the 7.5 Samyang a lot but each time I do I am very impressed with it and the 9-18 is rather under used since I bought the Samyang

Michael
https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelsy