PDA

View Full Version : PPI on car loans

Harold Gough
10th October 2015, 11:24 AM
Did you buy your car with a loan from a dealership? If so, you may have been paying for PPI, but you probably were not told and it may not show up on your monthly payments.

Harold

Graham_of_Rainham
10th October 2015, 12:01 PM
I stopped reading this half way along the first line... :D

Petrochemist
10th October 2015, 02:44 PM
Did you buy your car with a loan from a dealership? If so, you may have been paying for PPI, but you probably were not told and it may not show up on your monthly payments.

Harold
If you've had a loan at all I'm sure you've been plagued by people offering to recover the PPI for you.

PeterBirder
10th October 2015, 02:54 PM
Aaargh!
I've had to upgrade my call blocking phone to stop endless calls about PPI that I've never had and now they're coming at me via the computer.:mad:

Harold Gough
10th October 2015, 03:41 PM
Aaargh!
I've had to upgrade my call blocking phone to stop endless calls about PPI that I've never had and now they're coming at me via the computer.:mad:

People who bought BMWs thought they had never had it but they all did!

Harold

Zuiko
10th October 2015, 04:43 PM
PPI has been flogged to death by over-zealous companies who are interested only in making a quick buck out of the misfortune of those who have fallen victim to PPI. Unfortunately they are persistent, aggressive and intrusive, often creating new victims out of the sorry situation due to the sheer number of repetitive cold calls they make, which have become a real nuisance.

I really don't think people will thank you for raising it here, Harold, and in fact I have already received requests that I delete the thread. However, it is the Lounge so I suppose it is fair game for a topic as it is not offensive in the usual sense of the word and so I am letting it stand.

However, unless anyone actually wants a discussion about the merits or otherwise of the PPI claims industry it is probably best to let this thread quickly fade away from the current pages, rather than prolong it with posts of indignation! :D

Harold Gough
10th October 2015, 05:29 PM
I intended to alert those who might have PPI in a context which has just come to light in the BBC Money Box programme. The context is specifically about loans from car dealers to purchase cars. It is not supposed to be about PPI in general or PPI refund claims firms.

It is of no consequence to me if they remain unaware.

Harold

Homer Simpson
10th October 2015, 07:37 PM
When all this started years back, just after the banks were first told to give it back. We were contacted by our bank with a cheque for 250 saying sorry!

We had borrowed 5000 to buy a car but paid the loan off within a year, so the total loan cost was not much more than the 250 but we decided to keep quiet assuming they would realise they had made a mistake and ask for it back.

Sure enough a month later a letter arrived BUT with another 250 cheque *yes
We kept both for a year and then sent 500 to the local hospice for kids.

Sometimes the mistakes work against the banks favour but I guess not very often.