PDA

View Full Version : Got VERY intimate with Olympus Kit

Graham_of_Rainham
29th September 2015, 01:10 PM
Having a laparoscopic cholecystectomy was "interesting"...

Lots of Olympus KeyMed kit in the theater area and thingamabobs all around the room.

Made me feel quite reassured. :)

knikki
29th September 2015, 02:06 PM
Was there an expensive machine that went Bing as well?

Wee man
29th September 2015, 02:26 PM
Good macro lens fitted. The zoom is amazing, built in flash and modeling light.

Graham_of_Rainham
29th September 2015, 02:51 PM
Was there an expensive machine that went Bing as well? Don't know! My lens caps were on. ;)

Good macro lens fitted. The zoom is amazing, built in flash and modeling light. At work, we had several endoscopes for looking inside things. Almost all were KeyMed with Olympus TV cameras fitted.

When I go back for the check-up I'm going to ask if they have a video of the procedure. :eek:

Jim Ford
29th September 2015, 04:50 PM
I hope the result of the examination was OK.

Jim

Ralph Harwood
29th September 2015, 06:15 PM
Lots of Olympus KeyMed kit in the theater area and thingamabobs all around the room.

And a Canon photocopier in the office? :rolleyes:

Naughty Nigel
29th September 2015, 07:36 PM
I would rather use my Olympus gear on the side of a mountain if it's all the same with you. :D

Hope it all went well for you though Graham? It's not much fun being on the wrong end of all that equipment. :)

pandora
30th September 2015, 08:19 PM
You could do a follow up self examination with my Olympus XZ2 if you like, for that's where it now belongs. :D

Anyways, hope the examination doesn't yield any unwanted surprises.

Naughty Nigel
30th September 2015, 09:18 PM
Just be grateful that Olympus equipment is so small in size.

I have recently acquired a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II that you really wouldn't want to have to shove anywhere that the sun doesn't shine! :D

Zuiko
1st October 2015, 01:06 AM
Having a laparoscopic cholecystectomy was "interesting"...

Made me feel quite reassured. :)

Gallbladder?

I hope you have a speedy recovery. This is definitely a situation where the results are more important than the brand of camera used - even more than usual!

Graham_of_Rainham
1st October 2015, 08:21 AM
Gallbladder?

I hope you have a speedy recovery. This is definitely a situation where the results are more important than the brand of camera used - even more than usual!

Didn't know you could speak medical John ;)

I'm really please and somewhat surprised, that I was on my feet within a couple of hours, and very little pain.

Just a bit sore where they used some Full Frame instruments :rolleyes:

Zuiko
1st October 2015, 08:42 AM
Didn't know you could speak medical John ;)

I'm really please and somewhat surprised, that I was on my feet within a couple of hours, and very little pain.

Just a bit sore where they used some Full Frame instruments :rolleyes:

I don't speak medical, Graham, but I have a mate named Google who does. :D

Glad to hear you are recovering so quickly. *chr

Miketoll
1st October 2015, 01:27 PM
My wife had that done to help with diagnosis (fortunately no problems found). She stayed awake during the procedure to watch it all on the big screen, said it was fascinating and some of the best television she had seen for ages!

DerekW
1st October 2015, 05:22 PM
and for people with an interest in the topic read the following, however do not read it while eating or drinking at the computer.

http://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/

Naughty Nigel
1st October 2015, 09:57 PM
Hmmmm. Picolax? Never heard of it before.

Iíve seen nurses administer that to patients with a stopwatch whilst the patientís on a commode. If youíre not loosing serious body weight 20 minute after taking it YOUíRE ILL OR ANOREXIC

A storm of geological cataclysmic ferocity fuelled by an apopleptic ďAgentĒ Picolax is gathering pace, mass and will reveal itself too late upon the unwary. Oh Yes.

What can I say, but keep very well clear. :D :D :D

Thank you for sharing Derek. I haven't laughed as much for ages. :D

Wee man
1st October 2015, 10:12 PM
Citrafleet is a much better mover!

Iansky
2nd October 2015, 07:15 AM
I prefer to have my Olympus around my neck than up my..........oh never mind, the thought makes my eyes water!!

Hope all is ok though.

Graham_of_Rainham
2nd October 2015, 08:08 AM
I prefer to have my Olympus around my neck than up my..........oh never mind, the thought makes my eyes water!!

Hope all is ok though.

All's fine thanks.

Had it been insertion rather than incision, I know I'd prefer MFT to any eye watering FF monsters... :eek: