PDA

View Full Version : Did you enjoy the rugby game last night?

Kiwi Paul
27th September 2015, 07:18 AM
Oh dear, the Welsh beating England at Twickenham, I try to be neutral in those games being a Kiwi but usually root for the underdogs so I wasn't too disappointed:eek::D

A Welsh, All Blacks final? :p;):D*chr

Simon Bee
27th September 2015, 01:14 PM
Oh dear, the Welsh beating England at Twickenham, I try to be neutral in those games being a Kiwi but usually root for the underdogs so I wasn't too disappointed:eek::D

A Welsh, All Blacks final? :p;):D*chr

Yes I did Paul :D:D:D

Just wish I could have seen the look on Sir Clive Woodwards face at the end;)

A Welsh v All Blacks final? .... you never know, should have been the case four years ago.

Kind regards, Simon

Wee man
27th September 2015, 01:39 PM
Waiting for tonight!

Simon Bee
27th September 2015, 01:46 PM
Waiting for tonight!

I am sure you are Ed,

Good luck Ireland;)

Kind regards, Simon

Wee man
27th September 2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Simon; all went well I know a number of the team so will be watching with interest.

David M
27th September 2015, 10:00 PM
I enjoyed it but it was the only game I got to watch this weekend. I missed all the Premier League games also.

timboo
27th September 2015, 10:02 PM
watched it in amsterdam at an irish bar which contained mainly welsh people such a good crack.

pandora
28th September 2015, 11:32 AM
*whack I'm looking forward to watching the Wallabies give you a walloping on Saturday! *whack

Wee man
28th September 2015, 11:50 AM
I am staying out of this one, our time is yet to come!

pandora
28th September 2015, 12:03 PM
Wise man! ....

timboo
28th September 2015, 04:35 PM
*whack I'm looking forward to watching the Wallabies give you a walloping on Saturday! *whack

Score predictions please!

i want to create a healthy debate on here bout it however think england screwed up against wales in last minute so not so confident at this moment in time.

Naughty Nigel
28th September 2015, 06:55 PM

Sorry, I thought the Ashes series was over for this year? :confused:

pandora
28th September 2015, 09:35 PM
Sorry, I thought the Ashes series was over for this year? :confused:

Rugby, not Cricket, Nige ... *chr

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2015-eye-spy-with-my-little-eye--a-photographer-20150927-gjw50d.html

Naughty Nigel
28th September 2015, 09:47 PM
Rugby, not Cricket, Nige ... *chr

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2015-eye-spy-with-my-little-eye--a-photographer-20150927-gjw50d.html

Yes I know! :D

pandora
28th September 2015, 10:29 PM
If you win I'll nay hear the end of it and will be eating humble pie for a long long time I'd guess. :o

Naughty Nigel
28th September 2015, 10:48 PM
If you win I'll nay hear the end of it and will be eating humble pie for a long long time I'd guess. :o

Well my brother and his wife are naturalised Aussies, having initially travelled out in the late 1960's as 'Ten Pound Poms' so there is always a bit of good hearted rivalry here. :D

However, they have a crazy neighbour who gets very upset whenever the Aussies lose to the Poms so I think they may be changing sides. *yes

pandora
28th September 2015, 11:47 PM
Don't worry I know wherever you're coming from. Sandra, SWMBO, was a 10 pound pomme and in spite of all the gum leaf tea I despair of ever getting her head converted. (she hasn't yet visited the lounge!)

pandora
28th September 2015, 11:50 PM
Yet I must admit she's seen way More of Oz than I *shrug

Wee man
3rd October 2015, 09:08 PM
Well Mark you called that right, our turn tomorrow!

pandora
3rd October 2015, 09:22 PM
Aye, the Green & Gold - it's a grand sight Ed ... :D*chr:D

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Rugby1.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/86740)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Rugby2.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/86740)

All lines open for comment, remorse & recriminations :D*chr:D

It's 9:00AM - Daylight Savings Time starts today!

Bikie John
3rd October 2015, 10:04 PM
Well played Oz, after a stuffing like that we can't even claim we were unlucky.

John

Kiwi Paul
4th October 2015, 05:09 AM
"I went down to Twickenham and what did I see"
"Coming for to carry me home"
"I saw a band of Aussies coming after me"
"Coming for to carry me home"

Well done Australia, Scotland were on the receiving end too, hope they qualify, Japan may push them out!!!

Paul

IanB
4th October 2015, 05:18 AM
did anyone notice this? http://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2015/oct/04/england-crash-out-of-world-cup-after-heavy-defeat-by-australia-in-pictures
:D
Good photos; they must be use OLY cameras!!

shenstone
4th October 2015, 08:31 AM
of course it is not just in Australia that people are celebrating..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34435405

I wonder whether both teams will rest some key players for the next match

Bikie John
4th October 2015, 09:19 AM
The Guardian selection is interesting.The photos are superb, as Tom Jenkins' always are.

But I wonder where he was standing. Most of the photos are from the end England were attacking but the one of the first Aussie try is from the other end. They are so strict about where you can go at international games, and they don't like you moving around, so I really doubt whether even Mr. Jenkins was allowed to sprint from one end to the other. I reckon at least that one must have been taken by somebody else.

John

Wee man
4th October 2015, 05:54 PM
All I can say is we survived, was disappointed the team did not seem to gel?

pandora
4th October 2015, 07:39 PM
Well played Oz, after a stuffing like that we can't even claim we were unlucky. JohnWe are of course very proud of our Wallabies, John - their performance surpassed even my optimistic expectations. As an Aussie I can only hope we do as well next Saturday (early Sunday Morning in Oz) I will set my VCR to record it.

did anyone notice this? http://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2015/oct/04/england-crash-out-of-world-cup-after-heavy-defeat-by-australia-in-pictures
:D Good photos; they must be use OLY cameras!!
Thanks for the link, Ian. As I caught only the tail end of the match (very early on Sunday morning here) I missed much of the action shown in the Guardian's images.

The Guardian selection is interesting.The photos are superb, as Tom Jenkins' always are. But I wonder where he was standing. Most of the photos are from the end England were attacking but the one of the first Aussie try is from the other end. They are so strict about where you can go at international games, and they don't like you moving around, so I really doubt whether even Mr. Jenkins was allowed to sprint from one end to the other. I reckon at least that one must have been taken by somebody else. JohnThat is pure Sherlock-Holmesian logic, - elementary my dear John! *chr

All I can say is we survived, was disappointed the team did not seem to gel? I'm sure that England were not playing at their best for some reason - I'm sure that the pressure of supporter expectation coupled with the compulsion to win must have been enormous and unnerving.

Wee man
4th October 2015, 07:49 PM
Mark you picked me up wrong, I was talking about Ireland. Yes!

pandora
4th October 2015, 08:00 PM
Woops ... sorry Ed - I lost the plot!

Wee man
4th October 2015, 08:20 PM
At least both our teams are still in there.

IanB
4th October 2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the link, Ian. As I caught only the tail end of the match (very early on Sunday morning here) I missed much of the action shown in the Guardian's images.

same here; but very annoyed as I was awake but the forgot the game on

The link wasn't for you lol; just rubbing it into the other mob :D .

Aust Rugby League was the big winner from last nights GF. I only watched bits from time to time as I don't like ray warren's voice and Vera is a good cops and baddies show. That is something the mob from the BI still do well and far much better than the holliwood glamour mob. Time the Cowboys got it although the Broncos must feel pretty **** this morning.

pandora
5th October 2015, 12:57 AM
same here; but very annoyed as I was awake but the forgot the game on

The link wasn't for you lol; just rubbing it into the other mob :D .

Aust Rugby League was the big winner from last nights GF. I only watched bits from time to time as I don't like ray warren's voice and Vera is a good cops and baddies show. That is something the mob from the BI still do well and far much better than the holliwood glamour mob. Time the Cowboys got it although the Broncos must feel pretty **** this morning.

What I can't figure is that the Wallabies victory has scarcely been mentioned on media, and as far as I know there was no replay of the match.

Unfortunately the AFL and the ARL GFs have completely dominated the media. I don't follow AFL.

IanB
5th October 2015, 02:15 AM
agreed on those points Mark. AFL is just so over hyped up imo. Don't really follow RL; the game seems to have lost appeal to me .......... things like the stupid scrums LOL. A good RU match is worth watching but I could never watch the whole game and I could never be bothered to go to a game.
About time the blokes of all pro sports gave up some of their $$ so the girls could get a better deal.

Naughty Nigel
5th October 2015, 09:21 AM
About time the blokes of all pro sports gave up some of their $$ so the girls could get a better deal.

Couldn't agree more. *yes