PDA

View Full Version : Printer woes

yorky
22nd September 2015, 02:15 PM
I have an Canon Pro9500 Mk 11 which is very underused, However yesterday when I ried to use it and was trying to load some paper in it screwed the paper to the right but would not load. I tried again with a sheet of then card thinking that may help but alas that would not go in either.
Has anyone experiansed this???

Naughty Nigel
22nd September 2015, 02:52 PM
Not with the Canon printer specifically, but if one of the rollers has a bit of paper jammed in it you will get paper skewing.

It is also worth cleaning the rubber rollers with some alcohol. If printers are not used for a while the rubber on the rollers looses its 'stick' and won't pick up the paper properly.

Iansky
22nd September 2015, 03:17 PM
We love them when they work and curse them when they don't, I have an HP that when I first got it worked perfectly over WiFi, had to change the router and since then I have to hard wire to print!

I have tried everything including wiping and re-installing - it will not play.........still at least it prints via USB cable.

angelpaaul
22nd September 2015, 05:32 PM
I have an HP that when I first got it worked perfectly over WiFi, had to change the router and since then I have to hard wire to print!

I have tried everything including wiping and re-installing - it will not play.........still at least it prints via USB cable.

Me too, bummer :(

Miketoll
23rd September 2015, 08:37 AM
I had this problem too with a Canon printer and like Nigel said it was a small scrumpled piece of paper that had dropped in. I used a combination of a knitting needle and a pair of artery forceps to get it out the sight of the operation lit by a small LED torch.

yorky
23rd September 2015, 09:18 AM
Thanks everybody.

byegad
23rd September 2015, 10:11 AM
A bottle of Vodka does it for me. After I've drunk half of it I don't care if the damn printer works or not. AND you have half a bottle left for the next time you think about printing!