PDA

View Full Version : This morning's 'Le Tour de Wang'

pandora
18th September 2015, 06:50 AM
After a short but bitterly cold winter when the mercury got way down to -1 to +8 celsius on one or two days.
The group gets bigger as the weather heats up but for me today's 18 degrees was just about right.
We are now almost back into summer and time once again to pull on the nylon and lycra!
This was us resuming our usual Friday 20km ride, just to warm up!

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Bugsy.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/86432)
Un-posed phone camera snapshot carelessly taken.

Barkly
18th September 2015, 08:01 AM
LOve these sort of rides - but always plan a coffee stop.

Wally
18th September 2015, 08:54 AM
Nice to see the group up and running once again.

Q/- Are the two people with shades fitted with rear view mirrors or are they part of the camera set-up?

pandora
18th September 2015, 09:33 AM
LOve these sort of rides - but always plan a coffee stop.
The coffee stop is at a café in town at the end of the 90 minute ride (10:00AM). I take it that you ride yourself , Terry?

This morning as I was riding to meet up with the group, I got strafed by a maggie who almost knocked off my helmet. Not wishing to appear any sillier than I already am in that get up, I refuse to decorate the helmet with an array of antennae!

Nice to see the group up and running once again.

Q/- Are the two people with shades fitted with rear view mirrors or are they part of the camera set-up?
They are rear view mirrors, no helmet cameras today but as far as I know the 'black & red' guy is the only member who owns one, Wally - he often rides to Melbourne and comes back by train, one hell of a rider is he.

benvendetta
18th September 2015, 11:17 AM
They don't look a happy bunch!
My 43 mile (round trip) work commutes are getting chillier now we are well into September.

pandora
18th September 2015, 04:22 PM
We are a disparate group and a somewhat humourless one I'd have to say Dave.

You must be super fit if you rack up 200+ miles a week on the 'peddly' mate! Cheers *chr

Barkly
19th September 2015, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=pandora;359379]The coffee stop is at a café in town at the end of the 90 minute ride (10:00AM). I take it that you ride yourself , Terry?

Yes Mark - but not regularly. Just about to do a trip to the Flinders. On return will start a regular weekly ride with my sister and brother-in-law around Lake Burley Griffin.

pandora
19th September 2015, 10:33 AM
I believe it will be your 2nd Flinders trip as i recall your first was just after receiving your golden handshake and you splashed on a 4WD! Looking forward to seeing some great spring wildflowers from you and maybe a hillside of violet Salvation Jane (around Peterborough perhaps). After all that driving you'll be ready to stretch your legs on the peddly! :D